ADVERTISEMENT

All our H.S recruits coming N

HBK4life

Nebraska Legend
Jan 24, 2004
North of Lincoln South of Heaven
RB's. Kewan Lacy can step foot on campus and start next year. Emmett flashed,
but he also fumbled. Rahmir probably done. Gabe has injury issues and may be done. Grant will be gone. Fleeks gone. Kwinten Ives we haven't seen what he can do yet.
WR's. All our guys coming in. Jacory, McMorris, Clark, Hall and Smith. They will have every opportunity for playing time. We lose Kemp. We lost Betts. Lose IGC. Bullock is a possession guy. Washington will be gone. Doss and Malachi are getting reps because of all our injuries.
TE's. Fidone, Boerkircher and Ismael Smith Flores will be back. Bring N the 3 studs in this class and run many 2 TE sets.
O Line. We only lose Noureli but we need quality depth. Guys fighting for their jobs is needed.
QB's. Kaelin will be given every opportunity to play. Sims may be gone leaving us with zero depth behind HH. And I'm not sold on HH and his throwing ability. Need competition. May look to the portal for a QB and a RB.
Bottom line. Playing time is there for the guys coming N and the younger guys already here.
The offense is struggling and the recruits coming N need to upgrade a few spots.
The opportunity will be there. Just need a few young studs to step up really quick.
The D I am loving. Lots of young studs already getting quality reps. They will only get better with experience.

Last edited:
but he also fumbled. Rahmir probably done. Gabe has injury issues and may be done. Grant will be gone. Fleeks gone. Kwinten Ives we haven't seen what he can do yet.
WR's. All our guys coming in. Jacory, McMorris, Clark, Hall and Smith. They will have every opportunity for playing time. We lose Kemp. We lost Betts. Lose IGC. Bullock is a possession guy. Washington will be gone. Doss and Malachi are getting reps because of all our injuries.
TE's. Fidone, Boerkircher and Ismael Smith Flores will be back. Bring N the 3 studs in this class and run many 2 TE sets.
O Line. We only lose Noureli but we need quality depth. Guys fighting for their jobs is needed.
QB's. Kaelin will be given every opportunity to play. Sims may be gone leaving us with zero depth behind HH. And I'm not sold on HH and his throwing ability. Need competition. May look to the portal for a QB and a RB.
Bottom line. Playing time is there for the guys coming N and the younger guys already here.
The offense is struggling and the recruits coming N need to upgrade a few spots.
The opportunity will be there. Just need a few young studs to step up really quick. GBR!!
The D I am loving. Lots of young studs already getting quality reps. They will only get better with experience.
Good analyst, We desperately need some infusion on the offensive line..Line should have been better with so many high* by now that we’ve recruited..

If Sims leaves then we absolutely need a QB portal for the spring..

Regarding Kaelin he seems like a vastly different type of QB than HH and Sims. What identity are we shooting for in the coming years?
Better balance. More passing. Rhule is playing to HH's strengths right now. Losing your top 2 backs. Losing a couple WR's and having to throw some freshman into the fire. We don't have a WR who can stretch the field just yet. Hoping Doss and Malachi can become that guy.

Good analyst, We desperately need some infusion on the offensive line..Line should have been better with so many high* by now that we’ve recruited..

If Sims leaves then we absolutely need a QB portal for the spring..
Yeah all I want to see is a mass infusion of talent at the oline. We MUST get better in the oline or it will be the same 'ol BS.

The opportunity will be there. Just need a few young studs to step up really quick.
Agree. Kaelin isn’t the answer. Need to go get a big fish QB

From what I’ve seen… I’m not really hyped about Kaelin. Isn’t that local Rezac kid better ?
Rezac probably has more overall talent around him from what I’ve read and heard. He’s also more athletic.

I'm surprised we haven't seen much (any?) of Ives yet

maybe after the bye

Portal QB is a must.
OL is priority, but quality transfers are gonna be difficult to find.
WR transfers much easier to find.
Coleman, Doss, and don’t forget Jaelyn Lloyd has been playing.
RB transfer also not very difficult to find.

Current state of offense ranking in 90’s to 100’s is not acceptable going forward for the salaries coaches get.

we've brought in 4 QBs from the portal.

Vedral, CT, Purdy and Sims.

safe to say all four were busts. combined record of 4-12. only CT won even a single game as a starter.

not sure where you guys think we're going to all of a sudden find a gamer.

look around the country. which teams are currently dominating behind a 1st year transfer QB? hell, even the wake forest -> ND kid is struggling.

people say I don't live in reality when I say HH is the future, but screaming 'portal' at a problem is delusional as it gets.

I'm surprised we haven't seen much (any?) of Ives yet

maybe after the bye
Playbook issues maybe. I imagine he’s swimming in it having not been here for spring. It’s a lot to learn. Picking up blitzes isn’t an over night deal either. He had 5 guys with college experience in front of him. Johnson ran the wrong way on a play last week and has pass pro concerns and he was here for spring ball. Johnson is supposed to be a very bright kid too. Maybe we see Ives later. Right now I would think there’s a walk on they would play over him if it came to that.

Reactions: king_kong_
we've brought in 4 QBs from the portal.

Vedral, CT, Purdy and Sims.

safe to say all four were busts. combined record of 4-12. only CT won even a single game as a starter.

not sure where you guys think we're going to all of a sudden find a gamer.

look around the country. which teams are currently dominating behind a 1st year transfer QB? hell, even the wake forest -> ND kid is struggling.

people say I don't live in reality when I say HH is the future, but screaming 'portal' at a problem is delusional as it gets.
Would you take Zane Flores if he entered the portal?

he went 4-6 in games he started, including a loss to a 1-11 team

Haarberg is 3-1 while being called a glorified tight end with infinitely less talent around him
Those wins are more of how the defense is playing HH is a game manager given limited opportunities to turnover the ball and he is still throwing into double coverage. CT is fully capable of the same record with this defense. CT is not the one who called for a onside kick to lose momentum to said 1-11 team.

Those wins are more of how the defense is playing HH is a game manager given limited opportunities to turnover the ball and he is still throwing into double coverage. CT is fully capable of the same record with this defense. CT is not the one who called for a onside kick to lose momentum to said 1-11 team.
he's the one who threw more 4th quarter picks (2) than his offense scored points (0) against a team that lost to an FCS school at home 2 weeks later.

say what you want about why. he's a loser, HH is a winner.

you create your own momentum by making plays when it matters.

Haarberg wins that game.

None of this matters if our NIL doesn't start stepping up. We need to start outbidding for guys if we're going to be serious about this thing...otherwise lets just drop to I-AA or whatever its called now.

I think we’ll probably see Ives the last 4 games so he can still red shirt

Reactions: Bold Words
Sam Hartman - perhaps the biggest fish QB in portal history - is scoring less than Haarberg over the past 4 games

ND vs 3 out of 4 ranked opponents...NU vs 3 out of 4 doormats. Come on, man. I like HH and I like you, but that's a ridiculous comparison. There's not a person on earth who wouldn't trade Hartman for Haarberg all day. And twice on Saturday.

I will always defend Casey Thompson. He is a really good QB. He was in a bad situation on a bad team with a terrible offensive line and still threw for tons of yards. To say he was bad because he didn’t win games isn’t fair to pin on one player. What if we put all of our losses this year on our defense. That’s an entire unit!! Pretty silly, huh?

he went 4-6 in games he started, including a loss to a 1-11 team

Haarberg is 3-1 while being called a glorified tight end with infinitely less talent around him
This is so juvenile and disingenuous. It’s akin to saying the pitcher with a 1.2 era isn’t very good because he’s got a 8 - 12 record as a starter only because his team can’t score runs.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
This is so juvenile and disingenuous. It’s akin to saying the pitcher with a 1.2 era isn’t very good because he’s got a 8 - 12 record as a starter only because his team can’t score runs.
you think Thompson put up a 1.2 ERA last year and are calling me disingenuous?

lol

Sam Hartman - perhaps the biggest fish QB in portal history - is scoring less than Haarberg over the past 4 games
You keep repeating this about portal QB’s not working out, but it’s just not true.

Here’s a few portal QB’s this year who were similarly covered compared to Hartman, all succeeding

- Dillon Gabriel - Probable Heisman finalist this year, has turned OU around
- Michael Penix - Succeeding at Washington
- Bo Nix - Succeeding at Oregon

Not to mention some superstars of the portal in the last few years…

- Caleb Williams - Heisman after transfer
- Justin Fields - Heisman finalist, 2x in playoffs

As for the OP, agree. I’d hit the portal for:

1. QB
2. WR
3. OT
4. RB (pending Ervin, Johnson recovery/decisions)

Last edited:
You keep repeating this about portal QB’s not working out, but it’s just not true.

Here’s a few portal QB’s this year who were similarly covered compared to Hartman, all succeeding

- Dillon Gabriel - Probable Heisman finalist this year, has turned OU around
- Michael Penix - Succeeding at Washington
- Bo Nix - Succeeding at Oregon

Not to mention some superstars of the portal in the last few years…

- Caleb Williams - Heisman after transfer
- Justin Fields - Heisman finalist, 2x in playoffs

As for the OP, agree. I’d hit the portal for:

1. QB
2. WR
3. OT
4. RB (pending Ervin, Johnson recovery/decisions)
none of the guys you listed are succeeding in their first year at their school. Williams' coach transferred with him, so throw that one out, too.

that's the caveat. everyone here expects a portal QB to come in and immediately light it up next year.

it's extremely rare - almost without exception. and I know nobody here expects us to land a player of that caliber in the first place.

that would be infinitely more delusional than thinking Haarberg can improve to a point we're winning 9+ in Rhule's year 3.

he's our best bet, and Rhule knows it because he's seen it before in both of his college stops.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT