ADVERTISEMENT

A look NSide the 1890 Initiative

Cmon dude, really?? You want to take it down to they are women? Who frickin cares?!?! These women deserve the best and more than the football team at this point. If they win on Sunday you can bet your ass they deserve a place at the training table.
Huh? You are taking my comment way out of context. There are women who I absolutely believe support women's VB because it is, well, women's VB. Nothing wrong with that.

It's a totally different sport. People get really invested in the players because it is different than sitting at the top of Memorial Stadium watching guys in pads and helmets.

I know people who don't miss VB games but if they miss a football game no big deal. These people are more likely to donate to VB. Nothing shocking about that.

Reactions: HuskerHusaria
Huh? You are taking my comment way out of context. There are women who I absolutely believe support women's VB because it is, well, women's VB. Nothing wrong with that.

It's a totally different sport. People get really invested in the players because it is different than sitting at the top of Memorial Stadium watching guys in pads and helmets.

I know people who don't miss VB games but if they miss a football game no big deal. These people are more likely to donate to VB. Nothing shocking about that.
Good to know, man. No hard feelings here. Let's root hard for the ladies to bring home the prize tomorrow!!!! GBR!!!!!

Is this true?

If so, why is this not a much bigger deal?

Should be a national headline if we are going to be the first large state school to directly pay our athletes.

Here’s the link to the bill. shocker: it’s not super clear, but there’s a section that states any postsecondary institution in NE shall NOT pay athletes unless permitted by larger injunction.

🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Is this true?

If so, why is this not a much bigger deal?

Should be a national headline if we are going to be the first large state school to directly pay our athletes.

Here’s the link to the bill. shocker: it’s not super clear, but there’s a section that states any postsecondary institution in NE shall NOT pay athletes unless permitted by larger injunction.

🤷‍♂️

Yes this doesn't mean we will if 1393 passes.

But by passing lb1393, the mechanism will be there to do it IF there's an ncaa policy change.

Trying to be proactive rather than reactive.

Still in committee so long way to g o but it was introduced on behalf of the governor and is priority bill of speaker

Yes this doesn't mean we will if 1393 passes.

But by passing lb1393, the mechanism will be there to do it IF there's an ncaa policy change.

Trying to be proactive rather than reactive.

Still in committee so long way to g o but it was introduced on behalf of the governor and is priority bill of speaker
Makes sense and good to see.

Didn't realize that the 1890 initiative was only launched in the Fall of 2022. Seems to have had a positive impact but of course we never get to know the actual specifics/names of all the players impacted.
they list the names of the players on their website, but you're correct about the specifics

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT