ADVERTISEMENT

A look NSide the 1890 Initiative

Come on everyone. This is a free board. I challenge everyone on here to pony up the cost of premium membership. That's 99.99???

The guy raises a shit ton of money. Most of the folks critical him sound petty and jealous.
I admit I don’t know the guy outside of his appearances / radio, but there is just something that is off putting about him. I mean, high 5 for the catch and keeping the natty hopes alive, but outside of that, I don’t get it. But, if he’s bringing in the bucks, there must be something there.

What's stopping us from say doubling or tripling our assistants salaries, and they decide they want to donate a butt load to 1890? Just a thought, 🤔Laughing

The guy raises a shit ton of money. Most of the folks critical him sound petty and jealous.
I have no idea whether 1890 is doing a spectacular job, a terrible job, or somewhere in between. But that's the point I was trying to make earlier. Make a video that shows some success stories and inspires people to donate, instead of highlighting the office layout and the liquor cabinet.

I have no idea whether 1890 is doing a spectacular job, a terrible job, or somewhere in between. But that's the point I was trying to make earlier. Make a video that shows some success stories and inspires people to donate, instead of highlighting the office layout and the liquor cabinet.
They have a 150 athletes on the payroll and there's not of ton of football players hitting the portal. They must be doing something right, despite what this boards NIL experts say.

Nebraska Pole Vaulter Jess Gardner!

20210702213531_thumbnail-img5060.jpg

Our portal additions haven't exactly been spectacular so far with a few clear busts. That is where my skepticism came from.

You lay the blame for that at Matt's feet? Really? Are you under the impression Matt identifies a player, lures him in with a NIL offer, then tells Rhule? Orrrr, and hear me out....the coach is the one who decides who they want and he tells 1890 "that's my guy".

I read your post as though if a portal player is a bust, it's Matt's fault? Yikes.

You lay the blame for that at Matt's feet? Really? Are you under the impression Matt identifies a player, lures him in with a NIL offer, then tells Rhule? Orrrr, and hear me out....the coach is the one who decides who they want and he tells 1890 "that's my guy".

I read your post as though if a portal player is a bust, it's Matt's fault? Yikes.
I don't think it was a coincidence Rhule is the only coach in the country to publicly discuss the specific dollars and cents reality of portal free agency this offseason.

just like I don't think it's a coincidence these public fund raising campaigns started after the head coach made those comments.

Reactions: Huskers123456
please fill in the blank using your own opinion:

the 1890 Collective is the ______ richest NIL Collective in the country
I have no idea, neither do you. As a matter of fact nobody does. All those numbers are kept private. You can guess if you'd like, but you'd still be wrong.

I guess they're doing pretty good as they have 150 athletes on the payroll.

Reactions: HBK4life
I have no idea, neither do you. As a matter of fact nobody does. All those numbers are kept private. You can guess if you'd like, but you'd still be wrong.

I guess they're doing pretty good as they have 150 athletes on the payroll.
that's why I asked for your opinion.

I am curious what you think and would like to see it since you obviously have very strong feelings for the work he's doing/done so far.

please fill in the blank, knowing neither you nor I can possibly know for certain:

I am curious what you think and would like to see it since you obviously have very strong feelings for the work he's doing/done so far.

please fill in the blank, knowing you nor I can possibly know for certain:

I would think top 10

• Wow
Reactions: king_kong_

please fill in the blank, knowing neither you nor I can possibly know for certain:

given the number of athletes they have on their payroll and the lack of football players in the portal, I'm gonna assume it must be in the top 15. Because they're able to pay people not to go out and look around.

I don't think it was a coincidence Rhule is the only coach in the country to publicly discuss the specific dollars and cents reality of portal free agency this offseason.

just like I don't think it's a coincidence these public fund raising campaigns started after the head coach made those comments.

Lets say a portal player is a bust, do you blame the 1890 guy(s) or the coach who wants the player? I mean, 1890 isn't just out there on their own recruiting players, right? They are who you call after the coach tags him as somebody he wants, right?

Reactions: huskerfan66
Lets say a portal player is a bust, do you blame the 1890 guy(s) or the coach who wants the player? I mean, 1890 isn't just out there on their own recruiting players, right? They are who you call after the coach tags him as somebody he wants, right?
I'm assuming that as well basically

no, I don't blame the 1890 guys for busts.

I blame them for precluding our staff from having a chance to recruit some guys they may want, however.

Reactions: JOHNNY N
given the number of athletes they have on their payroll and the lack of football players in the portal, I'm gonna assume it must be in the top 15. Because they're able to pay people not to go out and look around.
you don't think others are paying non-football players?

I appreciate your opinion. top 15 is lofty, but you'd almost have to believe this to make the posts you make.

I'm not sure I'd place it in the top 50 given what's publicly available.

I also don't think we have many football players who have greener pastures to consider, but that's another thread I've already started.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT