ADVERTISEMENT

Zac Taylor might be cooked

It’s the Bengals. He can only win four games a year and the cheap owner will keep him around for the next decade.

Zac Taylor next OC at Nebraska. Can elevate to Head coach when Rhule's contract is closer to ending.
30 Rock Yes GIF by ADWEEK

0-4 at home. No bueno.
Their injury situation is bad and Burrow’s contract made it tougher to put together a good roster. I don’t think Taylor is in danger. Their GM and owner are aware of the personnel limitations he’s dealing with. Losing Tee Higgins again was devastating for their offense.

Zac Taylor next OC at Nebraska. Can elevate to Head coach when Rhule's contract is closer to ending.
I like him. Nearly won a super bowl with a team he built...has a decent coaching tree already. He has the right demeanor for the job. I would bet he gets another NFL job though because his teams always improve throughout the season, he is good with qbs, and has good relationships with players. Not many guys available who have coached in a superbowl and made multiple deep runs, especially with a poorly run organization like the Bengals.

Reactions: dpnavy
0-4 at home. No bueno.
He has had a lot of luck in his coaching progression.

First of all, he married Mitch Sherman’s (former GB HC) daughter and he gave his new son-in-law a career break at Texas A&M. That association also produced his position to NFL QB coach for the Rams. Then the Rams went to the Super Bowl and every team wanted a whiff of McVeigh. Zac had his scent on him, and lucked into the Bengals HC job. He was about to be exposed when Burrow became a god, and he rode that wave.

But now he will likely be the scapegoat. He was never a grand architect, just somehow always in the right place at the right time.

First of all, he married Mitch Sherman’s (former GB HC) daughter and he gave his new son-in-law a career break at Texas A&M. That association also produced his position to NFL QB coach for the Rams. Then the Rams went to the Super Bowl and every team wanted a whiff of McVeigh. Zac had his scent on him, and lucked into the Bengals HC job. He was about to be exposed when Burrow became a god, and he rode that wave.

But now he will likely be the scapegoat. He was never a grand architect, just somehow always in the right place at the right time.
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Reactions: shocksker

As a lifelong Bengals fan I would say there is nothing more unlucky than going to the Bengals. To me, Burrow is massively overrated because he hasn't been healthy and in half of his seasons Zac had to piece together a season with the backup. Last year they pushed making the playoffs without Burrow. Of course the Bengals are awful in roster management and development because of the Brown family and the inbred incompetence that comes with generational nepotism. They rarely can get decent free agents because they take terrible care of their players and the facilities to save a buck. I have a terrible habit of wanting huskers to be our coach and that is a very bad habit but I like Zac, even when I forget he played for the huskers. He is the closest thing to T.O that is out there.

Yeah, honestly no to ZT at Nebraska. Unless the rules change. Not that Rhule is going anywhere, but clearly it’s an advantage to hire a successful college coach that can bring all of his good players with him. You need to have a LOT of ties and relationships in college ball to be successful right now.

I don't know much about him these days but ZT was a class act when he was at NU, and for a drop back passer he was as tough as any running QB we ever had. Good grief that guy took a beating in our backfield, kept right on playing, and never complained once.

I don't know much about him these days but ZT was a class act when he was at NU, and for a drop back passer he was as tough as any running QB we ever had. Good grief that guy took a beating in our backfield, kept right on playing, and never complained once.

One of the toughest and definitely one of the most underrated quarterbacks in the history of Nebraska football.

ZT was never a winner at NU. When it came down to it, he rarely made the play when it really mattered as a player.. I don't want to see him return to NU in any capacity. Ganz was way tougher and better.

ZT was never a winner at NU. When it came down to it, he rarely made the play when it really mattered as a player.. I don't want to see him return to NU in any capacity. Ganz was way tougher and better.
Pretty soon there won't be ANYONE that played at Nebraska under the age of 50 that was a winner. We're a loser program.

Interesting! So was Warren Buffett 🤔

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT