ADVERTISEMENT

Lions beat Titans 52-14 with only 61 net passing yards

As a Chiefs hater, I get exhausted every year hearing how this team or that team is by far the best in the NFL.

If the Lions are this year’s Chosen Ones, then FFS win the damn Super Bowl.

As a Chiefs hater, I get exhausted every year hearing how this team or that team is by far the best in the NFL.

If the Lions are this year’s Chosen Ones, then FFS win the damn Super Bowl.
If they stay healthy they’ll have a shot. Their head coach though isn’t Andy Reid.

Reactions: c3o
The Lions scored 52 points despite having only 61 net passing yards and 225 total yards of offense. It was the first time since 1955 that a team scored over 50 points with less than 100 yards passing.
The drive chart is nuts. No defensive touchdowns, only one on special teams. 5 touchdown drives under 30 yards. Turnovers and special teams plays. And just for fun, a 1 play, 70 yard possession.

The Lions scored 52 points despite having only 61 net passing yards and 225 total yards of offense. It was the first time since 1955 that a team scored over 50 points with less than 100 yards passing.
The pendulum has swung back and running backs are now starting to become the primary weapon again in the NFL. Gibbs is a fast and dangerous running back and had another 100+ yard game. I actually think he was the best player on the Alabama team that nearly won the NC a couple years ago. We're also seeing Derrick Henry on his way to setting the all-time rushing mark this year. He's great, but part of this is the fact that NFL defenses are built to stop the pass and are exposed to effective running attacks.

The pendulum has swung back and running backs are now starting to become the primary weapon again in the NFL. Gibbs is a fast and dangerous running back and had another 100+ yard game. I actually think he was the best player on the Alabama team that nearly won the NC a couple years ago. We're also seeing Derrick Henry on his way to setting the all-time rushing mark this year. He's great, but part of this is the fact that NFL defenses are built to stop the pass and are exposed to effective running attacks.
Not being productive running the ball is non negotiable.

Grinding out 5 yard runs is not sexy, but controlling games, limiting the opponents number of drives and winning games is sexy af.

Reactions: king_kong_
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT