ADVERTISEMENT

Young bucks on the Defense

HBK4life

Nebraska Legend
Jan 24, 2004
North of Lincoln South of Heaven
Jeudy, MJ, Lenhardt, Princewill, Chief, James Williams coming on. RVP has flashed. Maverick hasn't played yet. Tamon Lynum flashed on kick coverage. Polar Bear and Ty still have a year left. Throw in Carlon Jones on the D line. Caleb Benning and Donovan Jones coming N. This group will only get better. Who am I forgetting?

90 has flashed. It’s like opposite land compared to O. Coaching and talent ha.

I don't know what Butler is considered but he hadn't played a ton before this year. Bullock hadn't really played. Hell, even Hartzog has 2.5 more years left. Bretz was playing earlier in the year.

What ever happened to Eric Fields? Was hoping to see him by now.

Reactions: HBK4life
I don't know what Butler is considered but he hadn't played a ton before this year. Bullock hadn't really played. Hell, even Hartzog has 2.5 more years left. Bretz was playing earlier in the year.

Hartzog. The Buford brothers in the secondary. One coming N. The other back from injury.

Last edited:
Reactions: BleedRed78
The youth playing and on the roster with the talent coming in, lots of talent pushing and developing each other to be better and play better on the defense. Iron sharpens iron and there is a lot of competition to get on the field. Like where the defense can get to this year and going forward.

Keep the staff in place and get them locked in for a long while

Fields has played. May see more young guys in our last 4 games to get some reps.

I've said it for years, coaching matters even more than people give it credit for. On defense being able to get the unit to be emotionally motivated together as a unit is a coaching job and that makes a huge difference. A lot of the horrible results over the last few years was due more to bad coaching than lack of player physical talent IMO. All those close losses were caused in great part by poor mental/emotional effort.

We have no idea what was going in the Frost Era. Maybe getting players to accept “hard coaching” (Rhule’s phrase) as being the quickest way to competence on the field. But it is so good to have adults in charge.

We have no idea what was going in the Frost Era. Maybe getting players to accept “hard coaching” (Rhule’s phrase) as being the quickest way to competence on the field. But it is so good to have adults in charge.
Buying N and believing in the coaches and the process goes a long way. Plus I think our S@C staff have worked wonders for many of these guys.

Fields...leg injury, think a stress fracture but I could be wrong

It'll be interesting and I hope a happy story to see if most all these guys stay or transfer,ie, what does culture do for that issue.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT