ADVERTISEMENT

You think Cam Newton...

Backpedaling, I see. Sorry, but your post is saved, for months and months for all to see. You're the boy who cried wolf of HOL.

You know what IS a shame. That while you are wasting everyone's time with your nonsensical accusations of someone whose ideals you are completely oblivious to, there is actual overt racism taking place in the world that does require attention. You are minimizing the attention that should be called to actual repression by your meaningless blather. Give yourself a pat on the back, for a misdirected job well done.
Ok, a wise man told me not to argue with fools because people from a distance can't tell who is who..

I've always been torn on this subject...on the one hand I love my country and I want EVERYONE to love this country. But I'd be naive if everyone feels about this place like I do.We have not been a country that is pure in our treatment of our citizens. I FULLY support our military, and truth be told, my biggest 'lumps in throat' come when they show our soldiers stationed watching the game.But I also never put my hand over my heart, but I do stand at attention. Just a mixed bag, I guess.

I've been assigned overseas and realized that the US stands mostly alone in its reverence for its flag. Very, very few countries have that affection for their flag, and non-Americans don't get it. But the US is also unique in some other things as well. Few militaries place the high premium on rescuing their members and obtaining their remains that the US does. Hell, the DOD has a command for identifying remains of American military members. Offutt AFB is home to one of those command offices. Been there and seen remains waiting to be identified.

My point is that there have traditionally been ties that bind us as a culture that, while not unique, are uncommon. One of those ties is the flag and the national anthem. Last night I saw a number of players and fans in the stands of all colors who removed their lids and/or had their hands across their hearts. Some wept. I have been at Dover AFB when American military members were returned in caskets draped with the flag. It's a tie that binds.

I coach girls soccer and when we go to tournaments there is almost always a playing of the national anthem and a flag raised. Knowing that some of my girls have not been taught better I always tell them to face the flag, hand across their chest and keep their mouths shut. Teams around us are talking, laughing and acting the fool, including the coaches.

I am for diversity right up to the point where it comes into conflict with our national identity. God help us if the day comes when our national identity is sacrificed on the alter of diversity. Just call us France and close the door on us.

In full agreement, just liked how it was a little heavier. It's not too far of a deviation, just seems a little more hard hitting. Check it out, and let me know if I'm an idiot or not. Smokin

Actually, pretty good rendition. Mostly because it's fairly similar to the original. Still had that rock and roll feel to it, and very little metal influence. Still like Phil Lynott's (sp?) Voice better though. But very nice job by Anthrax.

Ok, a wise man told me not to argue with fools because people from a distance can't tell who is who..

I can tell how well equipped someone is to debate...when that person makes an all out personal assault on our beloved English language. Might I suggest getting 'Hooked on Phonics?' English teachers throughout the world thank you in advance.

Reactions: otismotis08
I've been assigned overseas and realized that the US stands mostly alone in its reverence for its flag. Very, very few countries have that affection for their flag, and non-Americans don't get it. But the US is also unique in some other things as well. Few militaries place the high premium on rescuing their members and obtaining their remains that the US does. Hell, the DOD has a command for identifying remains of American military members. Offutt AFB is home to one of those command offices. Been there and seen remains waiting to be identified.

My point is that there have traditionally been ties that bind us as a culture that, while not unique, are uncommon. One of those ties is the flag and the national anthem. Last night I saw a number of players and fans in the stands of all colors who removed their lids and/or had their hands across their hearts. Some wept. I have been at Dover AFB when American military members were returned in caskets draped with the flag. It's a tie that binds.

I coach girls soccer and when we go to tournaments there is almost always a playing of the national anthem and a flag raised. Knowing that some of my girls have not been taught better I always tell them to face the flag, hand across their chest and keep their mouths shut. Teams around us are talking, laughing and acting the fool, including the coaches.

I am for diversity right up to the point where it comes into conflict with our national identity. God help us if the day comes when our national identity is sacrificed on the alter of diversity. Just call us France and close the door on us.

Wow...just wow! I couldn't have come up with anything even remotely as powerful. Thank you for the beautiful post, and for your service.

Reactions: baseball31ne
There are non.. I guess I got to his soul a little. I don't even know his nationality smh..

Outsider looking in here. There is a lot of noise out there about haters of Cam because he is black. You claimed Du was a hater before the anthem and accused him of hating him before. Just keeping it real.

Not a huge leap on his part. But taking you for your word you were just meaning he was a "hater".

From reading this, I thought he actually did something. Dude had his eyes closed, head bowed. What on earth are people asking for?

He failed to show the requisite homage to our preordained symbol of national strength. In disgust, we are gnashing our interweb teeth in his general direction.

Outsider looking in here. There is a lot of noise out there about haters of Cam because he is black. You claimed Du was a hater before the anthem and accused him of hating him before. Just keeping it real.

Not a huge leap on his part. But taking you for your word you were just meaning he was a "hater".
Some think it's racial some think cultural. Never my argument though, mine was based on what was shown on screen how can you call it that? All of the other shit talking weighs nothing on the original debate. My issue with the thread maker was his reaching for something that clearly holds not weight. No he's mad and a few others with him but I still haven't gotten a answer of substance from that clown.

Last edited:
Some think it's racial some think cultural. Never my argument though, mine was based on what was shown on screen how can you call it that? All of the other shit talking weighs nothing on the original debate. My issue with the thread maker was his reaching for something that clearly holds not weight. No he's mad and you few others with him but I still haven't gotten a answer of substance from that clown.

"and you few others with him"

Not sure what the heck you are including me in. I have no issue with how he was acting during the national anthem. I do think people should be respectful when it is being played, but saw nothing over the top last night.

I have plenty of other reasons to dislike Newton. I am a hater for other reasons Cool

"and you few others with him"

Not sure what the heck you are including me in. I have no issue with how he was acting during the national anthem. I do think people should be respectful when it is being played, but saw nothing over the top last night.

I have plenty of other reasons to dislike Newton. I am a hater for other reasons Cool
typo" a few others"

Hey, don't sell yourself short. I could pick you out of a crowd from a mile away.
Laner2, I would never disrespect some who chose to enlist and put their lives on the line for something that they believe in. That sacrifice is their own right or wrong.. You have obviously put in the work so your views on this matter are stronger than most. As for your backhanded insult, its all good. Protect your brand. It's still reaching in my opinion though. Cam seemed to be into the anthem just did it differently from most.

Great post, thanks.

Reactions: HuskerDana

By far, the best post in this entire thread. Thank you for your service, Laner2.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
Laner2, I would never disrespect some who chose to enlist and put their lives on the line for something that they believe in. That sacrifice is their own right or wrong.. You have obviously put in the work so your views on this matter are stronger than most. As for your backhanded insult, its all good. Protect your brand. It's still reaching in my opinion though. Cam seemed to be into the anthem just did it differently from most.

I screwed up with my comment regarding you and I apologize for it. I could say my anger at the seattle-sker's comments infuriated me but that's an excuse. No excuse. I tried to tie in why Newton's action during the national anthem pissed me off but you and I will never agree on it.

Dramatic-Intense-Clapping-Reaction-Gif-compressor.gif

BRAVO!

Thank you so much! Great post. I travel the world and the more I do, the more I appreciate the US. There's enough US bashing in the world. Guess I consider it my mini crusade to go out of my way in casual conversation with foreigners to praise our country, encourage them to visit, and , tell them what a wonderful, free, country it is.

"I don't dive for one fumble, because the way my leg was, it could have been contorted in a way," Newton told the media. "You say my effort. I didn't dive down. I fumbled, that's fine. But at the end of the day, that game wasn't built off of, we didn't lose the game because of that fumble, I can tell you that."

Weak.

"I don't dive for one fumble, because the way my leg was, it could have been contorted in a way," Newton told the media. "You say my effort. I didn't dive down. I fumbled, that's fine. But at the end of the day, that game wasn't built off of, we didn't lose the game because of that fumble, I can tell you that."

Weak.

He's young, but dude sure has a lot of learning to do. There are many others his age who would have handled the big stage much better.

Weak.
Like I said earlier, I don't ever remember an NFL MVP quitting on his team on the field. Until last Sunday.

I'm sure his teammates were thrilled to read that. Let me tell you what you should have done Mr. Newton....

ElwayHelicopter.gif

THAT is how you win a freaking Super Bowl.

It's also how you end up eating your steak and potatoes through a straw for the rest of your years. Winking

Only in America can you find a strong enough blender in order to eat steak and potatoes via a straw. God bless. All country's have some good things and some bad. Some of those things matter much more than others. We're at the top of list, overall, and I thank all everyone (past and present) who helped us attain this status.

Newton had a tough game...mad props to the Bronco's D on a job well done.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Honestly Cam is like a lot of people today, when things are good he is able to do what he wants and when he has adversity he doesn't deal with it well.

His comments today about showing a good loser and you will see a loser, tells me dealing with adversity isn't a strength. His sticking to his actions after the game, so be it. He loves the spotlight to shine on him during success but if they go 8-8 or miss the playoffs or get bounced early next year, likely to see the game man in the spotlight we saw Sunday night.

He is still young enough to grow and mature but doesn't sound like he wants to. When the glory of the spotlight begins to fade, wonder if he will be able to handle that any better?

Weak.

Dear Scam,

You are no longer allowed to do this:

cam-newton-superman-td_celebration.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT