ADVERTISEMENT

Yes! FH is N

@DerHusker
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

I saw him and wife at Red Robin in West Omaha last night.. I was surprised, but both he and his wife were easy to spot lol... He was decked out in brand new husker gear, he was taller than me (Im 6'2") and the pictures of both match google searches... That and I heard him talking to a lady named Nancy regarding a business deal.

Reactions: TheNewNU and WHCSC
I saw him and wife at Red Robin in West Omaha last night.. I was surprised, but both he and his wife were easy to spot lol... He was decked out in brand new husker gear, he was taller than me (Im 6'2") and the pictures of both match google searches... That and I heard him talking to a lady named Nancy regarding a business deal.
Nancy is Bill Moos' chief of staff iirc

Nebraska now arguably has the hottest coaches in football, men's basketball, and college baseball. This is huge!

We have 2 top flight coaches.

We are finally going to get answers to the questions of whether Nebraska football can be nationally relevant again and if Nebraska basketball can be a consistent NCAA tourney team. The narrative in the recent past has always been that inferior coaching has held these programs back.

We are going to find out if it is us (the university) or them (coaching) that has led to the downtrodden programs that the university has been running out there
SO, John Cook and ......?

Reactions: TFrazier
I'm not really a basketball fan, but man I'm pumped. I might have to start watching some games next season.

If moos isn't our AD, i doubt Frost or Hoiberg end up here. Feels like the stars have aligned.

Reactions: saluno22
Fred is a good coach, but far from the hottest name in college basketball. He had some good success at Iowa State but had a lot of off the court issues with the type of players he brought in. Definitely an upgrade. Don’t be surprised if he’s in the NBA in 3 years.

Fred is a good coach, but far from the hottest name in college basketball. He had some good success at Iowa State but had a lot of off the court issues with the type of players he brought in. Definitely an upgrade. Don’t be surprised if he’s in the NBA in 3 years.
Why are you here.... Oh wait sounds like sour grapes.... Go away

Why are you here.... Oh wait sounds like sour grapes.... Go away
Yep. Member for 11+ years, first post on this board.

I'd be curious to see what Hoiberg's buyout structure is in the contract he signed yesterday. My guess is much different than the one he signed at ISU, which was built essentially saying "If you're offered an NBA job, you'd be stupid not to take it." I don't recall the exact numbers, but it was quite a significant difference between if he left for a different college job vs. an NBA job.

Works both ways, though. Hoiberg had his eye on eventually coaching in the NBA and structuring his contract in such a way at ISU was a big sticking point in getting him on the sideline in Ames. Maybe that itch has been scratched. Once the contract becomes public, we'll see (I'm sure the OWH and LJS has already submitted their FOIA requests).

Reactions: Hastings4Huskers
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT