ADVERTISEMENT

Years ago, I saw Prince in concert

Charlie Marlow

Athletic Director
Sep 23, 2005
In Your Head
A fantastic show as you would expect. One thing that stood out to me was how excellent all the musicians on stage with him were. Each and every one of them were top tier and performed at a high level. This is what Prince demanded of them. To be the best, he surrounded himself with the best and demanded their best- and it showed.

The Preacher has so far not surrounded himself with the best. There are clear deficiencies throughout his staff. It was on full display in our 56-7 loss to Indiana. So now it’s make-it-or-break-it time for The Peeacher. What he does or doesn’t do with his staff will ultimately decide his fate here.

A fantastic show as you would expect. One thing that stood out to me was how excellent all the musicians on stage with him were. Each and every one of them were top tier and performed at a high level. This is what Prince demanded of them. To be the best, he surrounded himself with the best and demanded their best- and it showed.

The Preacher has so far not surrounded himself with the best. There are clear deficiencies throughout his staff. It was on full display in our 56-7 loss to Indiana. So now it’s make-it-or-break-it time for The Peeacher. What he does or doesn’t do with his staff will ultimately decide his fate here.

Dannen needs to assemble a team to compile video evidence of things that were said to contrast things as they actually are.

It takes what it takes if you want to be good. Stop with all the BS talk that wins over the grandmas watching the post game press conference

I think many of us would like to party like it’s 1999 (or before)!

We seem to be on a run of head coaches who prefer playing with pick-up bands.

Here's some rarely seen footage of Scott Frost arriving at South Stadium:

Prince was awesome live. I also, unfortunately, saw the Steve Miller Band in concert. I’d say the state of the team is much more in line with SMB.

“The preacher” 🙄
Kinda childish don’t you think?

Honestly I think he needs a yin to his yang. He is authoritative but not fearsome. This team needs a DC or OC that is a complete Ahole and demands nothing but the best from his players. Our culture is soft and has been for some time. I do believe he is trying to change that but he can't do it by playing nice in the sandbox. Heads need to roll and its not just coaches.

This team simply does not play with an edge.

Not a huge Prince fan, but while in Minneapolis for a weekend getaway we visited Paisley Park. It was pretty cool to see where Prince lived and worked. Certainly a musical genius

I’d rather he use more of that budget and bring in some quality hardass coaches, and let them do their thing, and get out of the mentoring business.
Joe Pa is his hero and his father is a preacher

the mentoring business is in his blood (and maybe butt)

You had me at Prince then lost me with Preacher😕

Saw the Doobie Bros, open up for SMB. Doobies kicked ass, Steve Miller... left half way through.
Prior to Hall and Oates my favorite group of all time is the Doobie Brothers. Have seen both groups 4 times and even though Darryl is long in the tooth, would pay fo see either group tomorrow.

The voices may weaken but the music never fails. Professional musicians are so talented.

Reactions: arf_man
Anyone seen Metallica lately? I think they are pros at what they do, but I have a hard time believing they can still bring it in their golden years. Don’t feel like it’s just gonna hit the same anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT