ADVERTISEMENT

Wyatt Mazour vs former New Orleans Defensive POY and Rivals100 Player

The kid makes a good play that makes the internet and now he has the attention of many. Great plays get made all of the time, one play doesn't a year make. Sheesh
Mind you - we're talking about practice. Not a game. Practice. Who does that?? I'm embarrassed for this kid. Who gets so jacked about a play they made in practice that they post it online? Guys who don't make plays in games, that's who.

Mind you - we're talking about practice. Not a game. Practice. Who does that?? I'm embarrassed for this kid. Who gets so jacked about a play they made in practice that they post it online? Guys who don't make plays in games, that's who.
And who gets so jacked about guys who made a play in practice and then posted it on line (notably without a derogatory word about the players he juked?) Guys who've never made a play in a game or in practice, but make bold and uninformed derogatory statements about such practice performers on anonymous internet message boards.

my coach showed a video of me getting knocked on my ass attempting to block a guy on a sweep. He ran it forward then back and back and forth to the the roars of my teammates. I saw a guy coming at the last minute and had to try to turn and reach to my left while running full bore to my right. I got just enough of him to spring my backfield mate for a TD. I would have much rather been made fun of by my buddy than my coach. You don't think that the Peter boys didn't poke fun and sometimes take a poke at offensive teammates?

guess we'll agree to disagree. I don't see your example as similar to this but to each his own.

And who gets so jacked about guys who made a play in practice and then posted it on line (notably without a derogatory word about the players he juked?) Guys who've never made a play in a game or in practice, but make bold and uninformed derogatory statements about such practice performers on anonymous internet message boards.

Whatever. We could go on forever. You have no idea of my athletic successes. You sound like a guy that never had athletic successes so you assume everyone else on a message board hasn't either. Should we go on?

Reactions: ThrowBones92
guess we'll agree to disagree. I don't see your example as similar to this but to each his own.
I just think is much ado about little and I was responding to the comments about Pete Carroll. To me it would be MUCH more humiliating (and maybe motivating too) for a coach to do something like that than a teammate. We hear guys joking pretty commonly about somebody getting pancaked or beat in interviews etc. They'll pay him back either on the practice field or on social media and as long as it stays in the right context it's fine. Personally I guess I wouldn't have done it because you know it's going to come around to bite you some time whether it's a little extra "something" in practice or a smack down in the "media". I don't have a problem with a little offense vs defense trash. Time for us to play somebody.

I don't see a big issue with it. I would safely assume that he is showing his side of things and not trying to bash on his teammates. Hell, he may be under the understanding that he wont see the field much and is in hopes a coach from a different school will see this. I love seeing this stuff. I guess they better stop showing the spring game on TV as every big play may hurt someone's soft ass feelings.

I don't see a big issue with it. I would safely assume that he is showing his side of things and not trying to bash on his teammates. Hell, he may be under the understanding that he wont see the field much and is in hopes a coach from a different school will see this. I love seeing this stuff. I guess they better stop showing the spring game on TV as every big play may hurt someone's soft ass feelings.

Again apples and oranges. One is a knowingly televised controlled contest. The other is a 5th string RB posting practice video of himself making a nice 10 yard reception.

Who is to say the coaches havent already given him permission? Definitely not apples to oranges. It is team vs team scrimmage that is aired on social media or TV. It doesn't matter if you know it's going to be aired or not. How about don't let a 5th stringer make you look stupid in practice. Its really a tough way to see the field in games.

Who is to say the coaches havent already given him permission? Definitely not apples to oranges. It is team vs team scrimmage that is aired on social media or TV. It doesn't matter if you know it's going to be aired or not. How about don't let a 5th stringer make you look stupid in practice. Its really a tough way to see the field in games.

There is a huge difference between something being on TV and someone self-promoting a good play.

As far as a tough way to see the field, he must not have made enough of those types of plays or he wouldn't be a 5th stringer. Works both ways.

Yeah and I am sure the Pete Carroll video where he says one player physically abused a freshman that made the rounds really hurt USC and their unity when it was shown.. when a guy was blowing up a frosh on the LOS.

Ur wrong.

Sigh.. Sorry, but no.

Mel, this comment was worse than your newscasts.

Brother, I played college football. This is why I see how silly it makes him look. Rose Bowlers don't impress me. That's what we called guys like that.

If you've ever been in the position to have your plays watched on film every single day of your college career, then you'd understand that everybody makes plays and everybody screws stuff up in practice. That's why it's practice. You mess up, watch it, you learn from it, you fix it (hopefully). You shouldn't have to go to practice knowing that each screw up is going to show up on social media courtesy of a teammate who thinks promoting himself is more important than the overall interest of his teammates. You already know you're going to see it in film with your position group.

If you really think about it, I hope you realize that stuff like this says more about the person putting it on social media than it does about the people on the film.

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
I don't know a single coach who would give a player permission to post a practice video on social media. If he's out there, then I'm wrong. But most coaches I know would advise the player to not do something like this if approached and asked for permission.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT