ADVERTISEMENT

Wyatt Mazour vs former New Orleans Defensive POY and Rivals100 Player

Looks smooth on those cuts. Hope we include him on some passing plays.

What do you think Mazour's role will be this year. He hasn't been mentioned much by the staff. Is he in the KO return discussion? Could he be used situationally, as a third down back?

What do you think Mazour's role will be this year. He hasn't been mentioned much by the staff. Is he in the KO return discussion? Could he be used situationally, as a third down back?
These were my thoughts and questions too. IMO believe Riley will use him situationally. I hope we are sneaky when we use him because he runs like his hair is on fire!

MY OPINION is that it's a bad look for Wyatt. Why would you post that and up your teammates? What if Ferguson or Roberts posted a video of them laying Wyatt out? Post some game footage juking out an opponent, not your teammate.
Agreed, League of the Bush. If you want to get there, act like you belong there. BUT it was a nifty move.

MY OPINION is that it's a bad look for Wyatt. Why would you post that and up your teammates? What if Ferguson or Roberts posted a video of them laying Wyatt out? Post some game footage juking out an opponent, not your teammate.

I really hope this is sarcasm.

So how productive will our RB's be this year. 6 ypc? 5 ypc? 4 ypc? When you have a Nebraska kid, especially a small town kid, and he's breakin' ankles, people are gonna want to see him play. If our main back is getting 4.2 ypc, I'm gonna want to see him play.

How good is our punt return game gonna be? 78th best averaging 7.3 yards per return? Then I'm gonna want to see him play.

So how productive will our RB's be this year. 6 ypc? 5 ypc? 4 ypc? When you have a Nebraska kid, especially a small town kid, and he's breaking ankles, people are gonna want to see him play. If our main back is getting 4.2 ypc, I'm gonna want to see him play.

How good is our punt return game gonna be? 78th best averaging 7.3 yards per return? Then I'm gonna want to see him play.

I have a suspicion the special teams will be very good all around. DPE is back to full speed and strength. Also there has been a concerted effort amongst the staff to really improve return game scheming.

And expect to see Mazour as a Kick returner. we may also see him in the passing game.

The kid makes a good play that makes the internet and now he has the attention of many. Great plays get made all of the time, one play doesn't a year make. Sheesh

You play football, you get owned sooner or later. And... from my experience there is usually a pretty clear line of separation between offense and defense, especially at the end of a long camp. It's kind of an "us" and "them" thing. I'd love to see a few a-holes on this team to set the tone.

The kid makes a good play that makes the internet and now he has the attention of many. Great plays get made all of the time, one play doesn't a year make. Sheesh

I think that attention started before Mazour was all-state/super state. But you make a solid point, maybe it's time to return to oohing and aahing over a 50% completion qb that has thrown just about as many INT's as TD's.

I think that attention started before Mazour was all-state/super state. But you make a solid point, maybe it's time to return to oohing and aahing over a 50% completion qb that has thrown just about as many INT's as TD's.
As soon as all the experts singing Tanner Lee's praises begin singing Wyatt's praises, then you will have made a solid point. Until that happens, the oohing and aahing over Lee will continue, much to your chagrin.

That was a forward pass. We don't like that 'round here. But the home state player in the video makes up for it because he will bave more heart and effort than any player from any other state could possibly have.

This video is really testing me on how to feel. Should I be mad or happy? Lord knows I cannot just watch it and like it for pure football enjoyment.

Initially I thought someone else posted it, but posting that stuff of you juking your own teammates is f'ing bullshit! I would hope the coaches would have a talk with him about it.

Initially I thought someone else posted it, but posting that stuff of you juking your own teammates is f'ing bullshit! I would hope the coaches would have a talk with him about it.

Like a true glass half empty type it's "posting that stuff of you juking your own teammates" instead of posting yourself making a nice play.

Like a true glass half empty type it's "posting that stuff of you juking your own teammates" instead of posting yourself making a nice play.

You missed the point. It shouldn't be posted, period.

Says you because of your retarded outlook on this issue.

Honestly, do you ever say anything that makes an ounce of sense? Try it sometime. It's much more exciting for the reader.

BTW, you typing "retarded" makes sense.

Honestly, do you ever say anything that makes an ounce of sense? Try it sometime. It's much more exciting for the reader.

BTW, you typing "retarded" makes sense.
I don't think it's a big of a deal as some think. I can see the guys razzing each other and next week maybe they post a shot of them putting him on his back. One of my buddies in high school knocked me out on a blindside hit in a scrimmage. I can guarantee you that IF he would have had the capability to post it on social media he would have....and I would have laughed right along with everybody else. It's all good. They'll get him back and they'll all laugh about it.

You missed the point. It shouldn't be posted, period.

Yeah and I am sure the Pete Carroll video where he says one player physically abused a freshman that made the rounds really hurt USC and their unity when it was shown.. when a guy was blowing up a frosh on the LOS.

Ur wrong.

Yeah and I am sure the Pete Carroll video where he says one player physically abused a freshman that made the rounds really hurt USC and their unity when it was shown.. when a guy was blowing up a frosh on the LOS.

Ur wrong.
Coach showing video vs player posting video. There is a difference.

Coach showing video vs player posting video. There is a difference.
my coach showed a video of me getting knocked on my ass attempting to block a guy on a sweep. He ran it forward then back and back and forth to the the roars of my teammates. I saw a guy coming at the last minute and had to try to turn and reach to my left while running full bore to my right. I got just enough of him to spring my backfield mate for a TD. I would have much rather been made fun of by my buddy than my coach. You don't think that the Peter boys didn't poke fun and sometimes take a poke at offensive teammates?

Kid made a play, let him be happy. Wouldn't have known who other players were if not listed above.
You're kidding me, right? You don't put a video of you making plays in practice up on your social media. Why would you? It's SUPER lame to do something like this. If a dude had done this on my team, he'd never have heard the end of it.

Reactions: HuskerLLM
my coach showed a video of me getting knocked on my ass attempting to block a guy on a sweep. He ran it forward then back and back and forth to the the roars of my teammates. I saw a guy coming at the last minute and had to try to turn and reach to my left while running full bore to my right. I got just enough of him to spring my backfield mate for a TD. I would have much rather been made fun of by my buddy than my coach. You don't think that the Peter boys didn't poke fun and sometimes take a poke at offensive teammates?
That stuff happens EVERY film session within the confines of the team. This isn't the same thing. It happened to me on college more than once, and you take the ribbing like a man and learn from it. End of story. This is a dude self-promoting himself to the detriment of his own teammates.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT