ADVERTISEMENT

Would love to see Iowa fans heart broken again.

Proctor is obviously good, but Iowa always has good tackles and gets the same results as they always have.

They used to have good tackles, then they lost their OL coach. Now they produce some of the worst OL’s in CFB.

no one cares what happened in the 90's and earlier my man. perhaps if you stopped focusing on the past your team could have maybe won one of their last 4 games this year just to get in a bowl game for once.
Actually, we do. So does every team that is a blue blood. It's called a winning tradition and a history of Championships. Something that Iowa has never had. Never will have. That's why you're on our board seeking approval from big brother.

No more East/West divisions. Should make the B1G championship game watchable again.

Kirk has been living off weak schedules for years, yet he has zero solo conference titles. While the Hawkeyes do more with less than just about any P4 team. There is a definite ceiling with Kirk, who has created this false Hall of Fame portfolio.

Nebraska fans say Iowa can't admit Nebraska is a blueblood. Iowa fans claim Nebraska can't admit Kirk Ferentz is a great coach. The truth lies somewhere in between.

Nebraska hasn't won a title since 1997, the same year Michigan last won their's before this year. Ohio State went 30 years between titles. Yet they were always on the cusp with Cooper, they just couldn't beat Michigan.

So the questions to ask are, is Nebraska capable of becoming top ten fixtures again? Can the brand still draw elite talent yearly? What is the NIL situation? The financial commitment to coaches is there. You don't have three coaches drawing money at the same time, if it isn't. The facilities, and fan support are top notch.

For Iowa, the questions are different. Is Kirk keeping them relevant, or is he holding them back? Can Iowa contend in the new B1G? No dodging at least one juggernaut every year. Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State are no longer the only three programs that recruit top 15 classes, and average double digit wins. Iowa has great fan support, and good facilities.

There's no excuse for any B1G member to have subpar facilities though. It would be better if both Iowa and Nebraska were operating at elite levels. Just look at Georgia-Bama, Oregon-Washington, Texas- Oklahoma, FSU-Clemson, or Ohio State-Michigan.

no one cares what happened in the 90's and earlier my man. perhaps if you stopped focusing on the past your team could have maybe won one of their last 4 games this year just to get in a bowl game for once.
1. Claims he’s here because “you people are morons”, presuming that he’s here to enlighten us.

2. Then proceeds to show his football knowledge by claiming that if FANS on an internet message board “stopped focusing on the past”, that maybe the TEAM could have won an additional game down the stretch this season.

Yes, spoken like a true Hawkeye fan who thinks that the history of college football began in 2015.

To be fair, I do blame myself for the 4-game losing streak. I was so busy focusing on the 90s that Chubba Purdy threw that backbreaking interception down the stretch against Maryland. Time for me to point the thumb and own it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT