ADVERTISEMENT

Word on the street: Slim to none chance Walters ends up in Lincoln (update post # 78)

Did they prefer to stay at UCF if offered rather than come to Nebraska? Makes it sound like Neb was a consolation rather than the preferred destination. Maybe they wanted a more prominent position at UCF than what they would have at Neb?

I can't speak of Beckton, but my neighbor played 2 years with Walters in Indianapolis and the texts I read is the reason I posted this thread. Gonna be real interesting if in fact TW accepts a spot with Frost. That's all I'll say, with crow potentially served on my plate.

Reactions: jlb321
I'd welcome both to Nebraska. If any of us had the chance for promotion or to advance our careers, would we pass it by? Maybe that's what they were hoping for and I really can't blame them.

Reactions: Sinomatic
No need for crow, some of these hires are choices people are making based on lots of circumstances. Plan B, C, D and so forth.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I can't speak of Beckton, but my neighbor played 2 years with Walters in Indianapolis and the texts I read is the reason I posted this thread. Gonna be real interesting if in fact TW accepts a spot with Frost. That's all I'll say, with crow potentially served on my plate.

no crow needed ... Lincoln Nebraska and the midwest in general isn't for everyone .. am a bit concerned how he is going to get kids excited about coming to Lincoln if he isn't all that keen about it

Last edited:
Reactions: WHCSC
Please dont get the players fighting each other guys, that sounds like no one winning.

I find it odd that Beckton has accepted the position, but still not Walters. I think he’s still looking around, I wonder when Frost tells him now or never?

I find it odd that Beckton has accepted the position, but still not Walters. I think he’s still looking around, I wonder when Frost tells him now or never?

Nothing official yet right?

So he "tried to reach out to them" or what?

IMO, it's a damage control statement by Heupel.
He left off part of the statement "I tried to reach out to them BUT Nebraska is going to pay them 50% more than I can." I didn't see any way Walters was staying there when he was passed over for the head coaching position. IMO, this is good news for our offense for next year. KW may be a good receivers coach but Walters can hit the ground running with a complete understanding of the offense. Was Walters in the box for Frost or on the sideline?

He left off part of the statement "I tried to reach out to them BUT Nebraska is going to pay them 50% more than I can." I didn't see any way Walters was staying there when he was passed over for the head coaching position. IMO, this is good news for our offense for next year. KW may be a good receivers coach but Walters can hit the ground running with a complete understanding of the offense. Was Walters in the box for Frost or on the sideline?
I believe he was in the box.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT