Votes: 19 36.5%
  • I love women's basketball

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • I love Iowa

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • I watched only because she is such a great player

Votes: 27 51.9%

• Total voters
Can someone tell me what a Lady Gamecock is?

dylan-mulvaney-at-the-11th-annual-queerties-award-show-held-news-photo-1680636604.jpg

I coached girls high school basketball as well. The size, speed and abilities are far greater in the college game. Get a clue.
Negative.

Don't be mad about it, it is okay. It is not a knock on it. It is just a HUGE difference from the HS boys game (below the rim) to the college boys game (above the rim)

The muscle mass, the size...the girls are pretty much the same. The guys from HS to college, totally transformed.

I would go as far as to say that all those college girls that played today are within 10 pounds of their HS senior weight and the same height...where for the guys, easily 25+ pounds and probably another 2+ inches.

Reactions: PvilleHuskerTim
Negative.

Don't be mad about it, it is okay. It is not a knock on it. It is just a HUGE difference from the HS boys game (below the rim) to the college boys game (above the rim)

The muscle mass, the size...the girls are pretty much the same. The guys from HS to college, totally transformed.

I would go as far as to say that all those college girls that played today are within 10 pounds of their HS senior weight and the same height...where for the guys, easily 25+ pounds and probably another 2+ inches.
Negative. I coached girls highschool basketball as well. Huge difference. The bias you have towards women sports makes your incorrect opinion. There is no way you coached a competitive women's hs team.

Negative. I coached girls highschool basketball as well. Huge difference. The bias you have towards women sports makes your incorrect opinion. There is no way you coached a competitive women's hs team.
Can you tell me, please, the "huge" difference? It is not the size or weight of the players, we know that much.

So, what is it?

I by bias you mean that I prefer mens sports instead of women's sports, yes, I do, I imagine you do as well.

This is fact and fact alone. I’ve coached both boys and girls but were both too young and fundamentals were the first thing to teach..

By the time these players get to high school there is significant difference between them athletically..

This is fact and fact alone. I’ve coached both boys and girls but were both too young and fundamentals were the first thing to teach..

By the time these players get to high school there is significant difference between them athletically..
Oh my gosh, it is not even close. It is literally night and day and it should be, just genetically speaking.

This is not knocking women! But an 18 year old girl is the same as a 23 year old.

And 18 year old boy is TOTALLY different from a 23 year old boy.

This insane constant need to act like women's sports is this amazing act of athletic ability...it is crazy.
So you are saying the top girls high school team could compete with South Carolina or Iowa because they are no different. That is so ridiculous. Have a nice evening. This is definitely a pointless discussion.

Reactions: Big bo fan
Oh my gosh, it is not even close. It is literally night and day and it should be, just genetically speaking.

This is not knocking women! But an 18 year old girl is the same as a 23 year old.

If you are speaking in general terms, but there are some 18 year old boys that are already grown ass men. Jadeveon Clowney and Micah Parsons come to mind

So you are saying the top girls high school team could compete with South Carolina or Iowa because they are no different. That is so ridiculous. Have a nice evening. This is definitely a pointless discussion.
I would think your post would end this discussion.

Highly unlikely any HS girls team has six girls over 6'2". I absolutely cannot watch women's basketball for more than a few minutes, but even I know BTF's claim is hyperbolic bullshit. Sorry, man.

So why the comparison between men and women’s BB? Girls cannot compare physically with boys, that’s how God made them. But why the comparison, I don’t get it.

That said, these girls are amazing and getting better all the time. I would love to see the members of this board take on Clark or pretty much any of the ladies today one on one. Well, that is all but the guys who run 4.3, bench 450 and have a 40” vert.

I'd rather watch, literally anything else, but got nothing against those who enjoy it. I just never got bored enough to tune in personally.

I agree and thank you for conceding. It is difficult to do that but you showed you have an understanding for admitting when you are wrong. Thank you.

If you are speaking in general terms, but there are some 18 year old boys that are already grown ass men. Jadeveon Clowney and Micah Parsons come to mind
Yes...that is true but even though two freaks got bigger, stronger and faster...but yeah, they looked 25 when they were in HS

So why the comparison between men and women’s BB? Girls cannot compare physically with boys, that’s how God made them. But why the comparison, I don’t get it.

That said, these girls are amazing and getting better all the time. I would love to see the members of this board take on Clark or pretty much any of the ladies today one on one. Well, that is all but the guys who run 4.3, bench 450 and have a 40” vert.
A freshman boys basketball team would crush any women’s team. I remembered my wife telling that the us women’s soccer team could beat the men and I laughed at her. Then they played a U14 boys team and lost. She retracted her statement 🤣

A freshman boys basketball team would crush any women’s team. I remembered my wife telling that the us women’s soccer team could beat the men and I laughed at her. Then they played a U14 boys team and lost. She retracted her statement 🤣
If you lined up a good girls HS team next to a good girls college team, they would look very similar. They would play very similar, probably with the exception of dribbling, but it would still be pushed set shots on 3 pointes, it would still be no shooting off the bounce or very little catch and shoot, and playing below the rim.

If you lined up a good boys HS team next to a good boys college team, it would be night and day in pretty much all aspects.

That is all I was trying to say. Not that some HS girls team would beat USC, they would not, but the game would look very much the same. I don't know why we have posters that can't admit that.

I would think your post would end this discussion.
I disagree... You take all the top 5 high school players and the top 5 college players. The score would not be as drastic in boys or girls in my opinion... for basketball

Football is a different story

If you lined up a good girls HS team next to a good girls college team, they would look very similar. They would play very similar, probably with the exception of dribbling, but it would still be pushed set shots on 3 pointes, it would still be no shooting off the bounce or very little catch and shoot, and playing below the rim.

If you lined up a good boys HS team next to a good boys college team, it would be night and day in pretty much all aspects.

That is all I was trying to say. Not that some HS girls team would beat USC, they would not, but the game would look very much the same. I don't know why we have posters that can't admit that.
Every HS girls game I ever watched had way more turnovers than points scored.

Haha, and 8 girls under the basket swaying like trees in the wind, jousting over rebounds while 1 or 2 more talented girls scored 60% of the points.
Hahaha!

And the way they don't jump for rebounds!

Btf had to make sure he said an 18 year old girl is the same as a 23 year old and not 17. On the advice of his attorney. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: huntered and BTF69
I disagree, a team like USCw or USCe would be running up and down the court on even the best high school girls team, let alone "some" high school team. While their bodies may look similar, the strength difference would be huge, that is not even taking into consideration the skill level difference.

What you appear to be discussing is the getting off the bus look. But even then, the 5'2" point guard on "some" high school girls team would stick out more than the 6'3" SG or SF on the college team

Reactions: Land Shark7
I disagree, a team like USCw or USCe would be running up and down the court on even the best high school girls team, let alone "some" high school team. While their bodies may look similar, the strength difference would be huge, that is not even taking into consideration the skill level difference.

What you appear to be discussing is the getting off the bus look. But even then, the 5'2" point guard on "some" high school girls team would stick out more than the 6'3" SG or SF on the college team
That is my point, the HS an college girls game looks pretty much the same because for the most part the players look exactly the same. There is no change in the game from HS to college in the girls game.

While the boys game looks totally different.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT