ADVERTISEMENT

With the loss of Jr., Watts, and Blades

I dont think kjj was ever going to be a great receiver. And if the QBs we have perform like they should we should have much better receivers than him shortly.

I dont think kjj was ever going to be a great receiver. And if the QBs we have perform like they should we should have much better receivers than him shortly.
Oh wow, we've already arrived at "He was never gonna be good anyhow" with him? That didn't take long. What a different tune everyone was singing at the time of his commitment.

If he gets himself right and comes back dedicated, he can be a big, strong, possession receiver like Quincy, Purify, etc.

I agree. This is not something to fault Riley for. He took chances on a few this class. I would not consider KJJ on Riley at all. Just a young man who wasn't keeping focused on his reason for being here. All this means is that adjustments have to be made and others have to step up. In fact, we can take a few more in the upcoming class that was supposed to be so small. Like I said earlier in the week, Riley is laying a great foundation. Piling on Riley this early in the game is whimsical. Shows your agenda.
I agree. He wasn't forcibly removed from the team, Senior wanted him to come home so he could get is butt in gear and figure out his life. Most kids would have hung around and slowly figured it out on their own, or maybe take the wrong path from that particular fork.

Oh wow, we've already arrived at "He was never gonna be good anyhow" with him? That didn't take long. What a different tune everyone was singing at the time of his commitment.

If he gets himself right and comes back dedicated, he can be a big, strong, possession receiver like Quincy, Purify, etc.
I know right? But hey, all fan bases do it. That's what USC guys were saying when he trended away from them and picked NU. I guess it's part of being a fan of a team.

For me, of the guys we picked up last year, I saw him as the least likely to be "great", but only because that's among 2 other high-end guys. I'm under no delusions though: I know Senior wasn't expected to be great either, and he blew up at USC and went on to do really well in the NFL as well.

"even if most people recognized he wasn’t an NFL receiver, like his dad). "

http://www.omaha.com/sports/blogs/m...cle_85e28346-5751-11e7-bd8f-c35aafd4a31e.html

Not really sorry if this is news to you...

And no he's nothing like Purify and a lot slower than Q.

Last edited:
2 catches in a husker spring game = heisman, unless your dad pulls you out of school. Tell us how many catches this gamebreaker is going to have this year?

Last edited:
Nebraska's rivals ranking for the 2017 class now drops to 39th...
It's a bonus that Watts is not coming. We're hearing now that Watts may not even play football in college. This is hardly the "war daddy" type that Parella wants in the middle. If he isn't a good student, gets easily discouraged, and apparently doesn't love the game, those are three traits that make it highly unlikely that he would have been a good player at NU.

It's a bonus that Watts is not coming. We're hearing now that Watts may not even play football in college. This is hardly the "war daddy" type that Parella wants in the middle. If he isn't a good student, gets easily discouraged, and apparently doesn't love the game, those are three traits that make it highly unlikely that he would have been a good player at NU.

I am sure the staff regularly debriefs to see if the process of evaluating recruits is robust enough with regards to vetting individual character traits that may not translate into high level D1 performance let alone academic performance

I am sure the staff regularly debriefs to see if the process of evaluating recruits is robust enough with regards to vetting individual character traits that may not translate into high level D1 performance let alone academic performance
Yes, I think with Billy Devaney on board, the process is better than ever. But sometimes, chances are taken or mistakes are made. I think 300 pounders are kinda like big men in basketball. Sometimes the sport chooses them and they don't really love the game.

Reactions: WHCSC
2 catches in a husker spring game = heisman, unless your dad pulls you out of school. Tell us how many catches this gamebreaker is going to have this year?

Does him catching 2 passes in the spring game in his first semester of school equal him already being discounted as a college WR?? I would say "don't be a dope," but it's fairly evident that you've already managed to break that rule.

Last edited:
Does him catching 2 passes in the spring game in his first semester of school equal him already being discounted as a college WR?? I would say "don't be a dope," but it's fairly evident that you've already managed to break that rule.

No, being out of shape and off campus does along with unimpressive film. The reason we took him should be obvious. Tell me how many catches he'll have this year.

No, being out of shape and off campus does along with unimpressive film. The reason we took him should be obvious. Tell me how many catches he'll have this year.

I knew it all along guy is my favorite. Can you bring up the post when he commited, in January and in April where you made these predictions of failure?

Reactions: coachDubs
I knew it all along guy is my favorite. Can you bring up the post when he commited, in January and in April where you made these predictions of failure?
Along with you cant say it now because you didnt say it before guy... how many catches?

Along with you cant say it now because you didnt say it before guy... how many catches?

Plenty of people are making predictions every day, be it win/loss record, success of Tanner Lee or who is the next high school kid to commit to Nebraska. But for some reason, you knew 18 months ago that KJJ wasn't going to work out but kept it a secret until he didn't meet expectations before letting everyone know that you knew all along. Makes perfect sense. Ha ha ha whatever.

Plenty of people are making predictions every day, be it win/loss record, success of Tanner Lee or who is the next high school kid to commit to Nebraska. But for some reason, you knew 18 months ago that KJJ wasn't going to work out but kept it a secret until he didn't meet expectations before letting everyone know that you knew all along. Makes perfect sense. Ha ha ha whatever.

Your day job is with the mainstream media isnt it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT