ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin Offense

Oct 12, 2016
Apparently they're saying Wisconsin has 5 1st round draft picks on their offensive line, 3 next year and 2 the following year. They have their RBs back as well as receivers and AB. Their D lost a lot of players though.

Will be a huge challenge for our DL in particular.

Apparently they're saying Wisconsin has 5 1st round draft picks on their offensive line, 3 next year and 2 the following year. They have their RBs back as well as receivers and AB. Their D lost a lot of players though.

Will be a huge challenge for our DL in particular.
Here's a picture of the Wisconsin OL coach as he watches one of their practices: :Cool:

Komatsu-iMC-dozer-lineup-1-1024x843.jpg

They also have a horrid QB and they run straight. They've always had great OL play and the worst husker team in history played just as good as them for 3 quarters last year. Riley coached teams were 0-3 vs them but could have easily been 3-0... and we're talking about Riley coached teams. Frost and Co will give their defense fits and you think they're scared of a power run game? Nah. They faced far better offenses last year at UCF.

Bring Wisky on.

TCU slower their run game with speed. Not trying to match strength.

Yeah their D is gunna get a workout vs us. Look at what Purdue did to them last year. Purdue was neck-n-neck with them slinging the ball around getting athletes in space.

3 punts vs us and the game could be over. They don't have an offense that's built to come from behind.

They also have a horrid QB and they run straight. They've always had great OL play and the worst husker team in history played just as good as them for 3 quarters last year. Riley coached teams were 0-3 vs them but could have easily been 3-0... and we're talking about Riley coached teams. Frost and Co will give their defense fits and you think they're scared of a power run game? Nah. They faced far better offenses last year at UCF.

Bring Wisky on.
Plus lost to them at the end the prior two seasons.

Reactions: c3ntral08
Everyone knows Wisconsin will try to do exactly what they did last year in the 4th quarter. Pound the rock between the tackles for 4 yards a carry and shorten the game. I have no doubt we can put up some points against them this year, trouble is will we ever have possession of the ball? Our d-line and linebackers better eat their Wheaties before that game!

Reactions: jeans15
Everyone knows Wisconsin will try to do exactly what they did last year in the 4th quarter. Pound the rock between the tackles for 4 yards a carry and shorten the game. I have no doubt we can put up some points against them this year, trouble is will we ever have possession of the ball? Our d-line and linebackers better eat their Wheaties before that game!

Exactly, to truly beat them we need serious maneaters on the DL and at LBs.

Reactions: dinglefritz

Bring Wisky on.

yea, Hornibrook was awful last year. He only completed 62.3% of his passes for 2,644 yards, 188.9 yards per game with 25 TDs and 15 INT's. But then that is a running team that apparently only "run(s) straight" so that must explain why they won so consistently and did so well. We can make every excuse in the book but until we actually do something on the field, we are still who we are and they own us and the division right now. Oh, yea, that's right, they barely own us because we could have beaten them - just needed a few more points is all - for three years. :rolleyes:

Wisconsin is a team that depends on their defense to keep the scores low. Since Chryst took over they are 3-4 in games where they allowed the opponent to score more than 24 points. When the defense keeps teams below 24, they are able to operate their ball control offense and still score enough to win games. When opponents are able to score and the Wisconsin offense has to keep pace, they are below .500. Granted, the games they lost were to Ohio St, Penn St and Alabama, but the point remains, Chryst has lost 7 games total at Wisconsin and 4 of them are when they allow other offenses to score more than 24.

yea, Hornibrook was awful last year. He only completed 62.3% of his passes for 2,644 yards, 188.9 yards per game with 25 TDs and 15 INT's. But then that is a running team that apparently only "run(s) straight" so that must explain why they won so consistently and did so well. We can make every excuse in the book but until we actually do something on the field, we are still who we are and they own us and the division right now. Oh, yea, that's right, they barely own us because we could have beaten them - just needed a few more points is all - for three years. :rolleyes:

Great overall stats. Let's look deeper...............

Against ranked teams - 3 games
53 of 94 56% 684 yards (228 YPG) 5 TD 4 INT QB Rating 126.55

Against teams with winning records - 7 games
102 for 177 58% 1362 yards (195 YPG) 10 TD 11 INT QB Rating 128.49

Well I watched every Wisky game and he's not good at all. Multiple dropped picks, Michigan starting QB got injured when they were playing better than Wisky, Purdue just ran out of gas, Horny horrid INT for 6 vs us.. Wisky runs the best. Anyone that watches Cfb all day long can see Horny is not even a top 50 qb in the nation and Wisky is one dimensional. Their days are number in the West.

Reactions: oldjar07
This part is well put, against Riley coached Huskers they did go 3-0 but very easily could have been 1-2...as two of those games it took last second scores to win. In those 3 games, only ONCE did the almighty Badgers beat us handily and that was with Riley coaching and That was last year with one of our worst defenses ever that gave up on Diaco and with a very predictable offense. I can only imagine how we will do under Frost and his offense!? This year coming up, yes we might lose. But I have a feeling from then on, the Badgers better find more ways to move the ball other then just running right at us if there going to beat us.

Reactions: c3ntral08
Well I watched every Wisky game and he's not good at all. Multiple dropped picks, Michigan starting QB got injured when they were playing better than Wisky, Purdue just ran out of gas, Horny horrid INT for 6 vs us.. Wisky runs the best. Anyone that watches Cfb all day long can see Horny is not even a top 50 qb in the nation and Wisky is one dimensional. Their days are number in the West.

I never said he was an All - American, All B1G or All world but to say he is "not good at all" denies facts. I suppose in all their wins, he had nothing to do with them? He does what Chryst wants him to do in that offense and at least made honorable mention all B1G by both media and coaches. Apparently some people do not agree with your assessment. Those things don't mean he is "great" but he is far from a disaster - I think we have all seen what that looks like first hand.

I am not certain the current Wisconsin is much different than the vintage Husker teams that were run first, pass when you want/have too. Somehow it worked for then, I suppose it could work again - oh wait, it has. Again, I don't really care, but to simplify things to the point where we are now ready or almost ready to compete with them has yet to be seen. I would like to think so but until you prove you can beat the big boys you are still owned by them no matter how much some want to make excuses.

Reactions: nu2u and Red Steve
I never said he was an All - American, All B1G or All world but to say he is "not good at all" denies facts. I suppose in all their wins, he had nothing to do with them? He does what Chryst wants him to do in that offense and at least made honorable mention all B1G by both media and coaches. Apparently some people do not agree with your assessment. Those things don't mean he is "great" but he is far from a disaster - I think we have all seen what that looks like first hand.

I am not certain the current Wisconsin is much different than the vintage Husker teams that were run first, pass when you want/have too. Somehow it worked for then, I suppose it could work again - oh wait, it has. Again, I don't really care, but to simplify things to the point where we are now ready or almost ready to compete with them has yet to be seen. I would like to think so but until you prove you can beat the big boys you are still owned by them no matter how much some want to make excuses.

Lol honorable mention. Suh finished 4th in the Heisman so lets not talk about post season accolades please. Just use your eyes; and your eyes will tell you he's not very good at all. There's 8 QBs in the BIG alone I'd rather have than Horny.

Lol these Wisky teams are nowhere in the same universe has the 80s and 90s Nebraska teams.

Wisky days are number in this conference, plain and simple.
I'll see you in November after Nebraska wins the West in 2018

Lol honorable mention. Suh finished 4th in the Heisman so lets not talk about post season accolades please. Just use your eyes; and your eyes will tell you he's not very good at all. There's 8 QBs in the BIG alone I'd rather have than Horny.

Lol these Wisky teams are nowhere in the same universe has the 80s and 90s Nebraska teams.

Wisky days are number in this conference, plain and simple.
I'll see you in November after Nebraska wins the West in 2018

Well now, tap dance around it with some interesting non-important information unrelated to what I said. I see you like to make things sound good by bringing in things that are totally irrelevant but that's OK.

What does Suh finishing 4th in the Heisman have to do with the Wisconsin QB? I admit, you got me on that one. You said he wasn't good at all - apparently others thought otherwise, not my opinion, it was theirs.

I will remember to watch him next time with eyes open, that must be my mistake - I promise not to look at his win-loss record as well just to make you happy. Personally, I don't care who "you" would rather have, that was not even the point. sigh

I didn't compare the quality of the 80's and 90's Nebraska teams to Wisconsin, just the style of running the ball first which was actually the subject. sigh # 2

Uh, you likely won't see me in November but I will be the happiest Husker in Kansas if we win the west in 18. My question is do you really believe that will happen? Second thought, I am done. I used my eyes and what I was seeing doesn't add up. Take care and I hope you are right in 18.

Reactions: nu2u and c3ntral08
They return 10 of 11 offensive starters including one of the 5 best running backs in the Country.

If Paul Chryst can ever just upgrade his QB recruiting and consistently add better athletes at receiver, they will finally get over the hump and compete for a National title.
Wisconsin will actually have some very good receivers returning next year. Alex Hornibrook is a horrible qb though and will severely limit their offense.

Bring Wisky on.

If did
This part is well put, against Riley coached Huskers they did go 3-0 but very easily could have been 1-2...as two of those games it took last second scores to win. In those 3 games, only ONCE did the almighty Badgers beat us handily and that was with Riley coaching and That was last year with one of our worst defenses ever that gave up on Diaco and with a very predictable offense. I can only imagine how we will do under Frost and his offense!? This year coming up, yes we might lose. But I have a feeling from then on, the Badgers better find more ways to move the ball other then just running right at us if there going to beat us.

I’m sure they’re shaking and already figuring out how they can change their game plan because it’s obviously not working????? Put the pipe down. Hopefully SF can win the West in his first 5 years or it’ll be the 5th or 6th coach we’ll be blaming. Definitely isn’t the lack of talent - sarcasm

Im not saying we absolutely cant beat them or give them fits this year, but it never ceases to amaze me how much this board underestimates wisconsin. Throw out whatever stats you want, Wisconsin wins football games and a lot of them and proved a lot of doubters wrong last year. They will be very good this year and beating them would be quite an accomplishment.

Im not saying we absolutely cant beat them or give them fits this year, but it never ceases to amaze me how much this board underestimates wisconsin. Throw out whatever stats you want, Wisconsin wins football games and a lot of them and proved a lot of doubters wrong last year. They will be very good this year and beating them would be quite an accomplishment.

This, I respect Wiscy, 5 1st round draft picks on their OL right now, that's impressive. The uncertainty will be their D, expect their QB to improve somewhat as well.

Wisconsin is good and finds ways to win. I don't think they've taken NU seriously the past couple of years and Tommy was on the verge of leaving Camp Randall with a win a couple of years ago. It could get ugly in Camp Randall next year, unless the defense can play with consistency through four quarters.
Wisconsin playing at this level is great for NU. Once NU matches or exceeds the play of the Badgers, they will be ready to compete for the conference title.

Wisconsin does not have 5 first round picks starting on the OL this year. I expect all 5 to eventually get drafted, but only 1 or 2 are likely to be 1st rounders.

Yeah their D is gunna get a workout vs us. Look at what Purdue did to them last year. Purdue was neck-n-neck with them slinging the ball around getting athletes in space.

3 punts vs us and the game could be over. They don't have an offense that's built to come from behind.

I don’t understand. Purdue had 220 yards and scored 9 points...

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Wisconsin does not have 5 first round picks starting on the OL this year. I expect all 5 to eventually get drafted, but only 1 or 2 are likely to be 1st rounders.

I don’t understand. Purdue had 220 yards and scored 9 points...

Well just watch the game. Purdue played just as good as them all game. Watch the NW game and the Michigan game. Those teams played just as good as wisky (@wisky) and they came away with close wins. Good for them. Then they actually ran into a team that runs a spread O and has athletes.. got waxed by OSU. With Brohm, Frost, and Fleck in the West now running spread, their days of dominating this horrid division are numbered.

Well just watch the game. Purdue played just as good as them all game. Watch the NW game and the Michigan game. Those teams played just as good as wisky (@wisky) and they came away with close wins. Good for them. Then they actually ran into a team that runs a spread O and has athletes.. got waxed by OSU. With Brohm, Frost, and Fleck in the West now running spread, their days of dominating this horrid division are numbered.
I watched the whole thing when it was played. The game was close because Purdue’s defense forced 3 turnovers when UW was in field goal range. Purdue’s offense is what lost them the game.

OSU won by 6. UW had the ball at midfield with 2 minutes left. That is no waxing.

There’s no doubt the division is tougher than it has ever been.

I watched the whole thing when it was played. The game was close because Purdue’s defense forced 3 turnovers when UW was in field goal range. Purdue’s offense is what lost them the game.

OSU won by 6. UW had the ball at midfield with 2 minutes left. That is no waxing.

There’s no doubt the division is tougher than it has ever been.

JT Barrett missed 2 wide open TDs. The game was never in doubt. I had $500 on that game and didn't sweat once.

Yes the division is much tougher than it was 2 years ago.

Reactions: SOHusker11
JT Barrett missed 2 wide open TDs. The game was never in doubt. I had $500 on that game and didn't sweat once.

So a 6 point loss is a waxing that was never in doubt, but an 8 point win wasn’t? Incredible

So a 6 point loss is a waxing that was never in doubt, but an 8 point win wasn’t? Incredible

Well, Yeah.. they were never beating OSU. Osu was miles better. Take into account Purdue and the level of talent and it was AT WISKY... yeah an 8 point win wasn't anything special.

the thing I seem to remember was a long osu scoring play where the osu guys just outran all the ws guys and I remember saying to myself that ws just didn't look very fast on d

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT