ADVERTISEMENT

Winning a Title here at NU?

starhusker

Walk On
Dec 2, 2004
This is just a question, what makes you guys think Nebraska will get back to the glory days they had in the past with Scott Frost in charge now? With a different time period, more tv attention, and social media they didn't have back then, you think they can pull the 4 & 5-star recruits here to Lincoln now that Scott is here? Those who say that 4 and 5-star players don't matter, look at the past 17 years and see what teams won the national championship, etc Alabama. Most of them from the south and all of them had highly rated players with good coaching. We'll see if Scott can bring the title here to Lincoln.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
Frost is the new Dabo, Urban, Herman.

He's a fun successful young guy without the neurosis of PJ Fleck and Harbaugh

Frost understands Nebraska and that goes a long way, our previous 3 coaches didn’t. He comes from a great coaching background (Osborne, Walsh, Parcells, Belichek, Dungy, Kelly, Tomlin). Young kids like and respect him.

He’s going to bring back our walk on tradition. We are going to have to step it up on recruiting. But I suspect with our style of play, resources, etc. I can see us getting in the 15-25 range yearly.

Reactions: jedimasterjed
Oklahoma is the model. They sucked just as bad as we currently do, only for about twice as long, under Gibbs and Blake. They were churning coaches. And sucking. What Ohio State is currently doing to us (second team in by the third quarter, third team in by the fourth) we were doing to them.

Dead school on the prairie far from the beach. No bikinis. No Disney world. No recruits alive remembered when they were relevant. Who would want to go to that crap climate anyway when they could just go to Austin. They were never going to get over on the dominant programs in the conference. The 70s were over. The 80s were over. Blah blah blah.

Then they hired a coach who knew his ass from a hole in the ground and brought in an identity and coaching talent. They started competing. Once you have that in place your pedigree DOES matter and they had it.

I don’t know if we get back there anytime soon, if ever. But people that act like it’s some impossible thing probably haven’t been around very long.

Last edited:
There is no Bob Devaney and there is no Tom Osborne walking the sideline on game day, that has been the difference over the last 20 years. What programs are winning championships on talent alone? USC took Pete Carrol, OU took Stoops, Texas took Mack Brown, Florida took Meyer, Ohio State took Meyer and Tressel, Bama Saban, etc. These guys are no Bill Callahan, Bo Pelini and damn sure not Mr.500 himself. They're all great coaches and will be remembered among the elite.

I don't know how Frost will turn out, I'm not Nostradamus (I'd probably be more like Nostradumbass) but he's no Callahan, Riley, Pelini type hire. He wasn't some head scratcher like the rest and was considered a great move by most. He was viewed as a win for any athletic department looking for a coach this season. I'm hopeful for the best and certainly he can match the success of Bo Pelini and maybe even improve on it.

We'll see...

This is just a question, what makes you guys think Nebraska will get back to the glory days they had in the past with Scott Frost in charge now? With a different time period, more tv attention, and social media they didn't have back then, you think they can pull the 4 & 5-star recruits here to Lincoln now that Scott is here? Those who say that 4 and 5-star players don't matter, look at the past 17 years and see what teams won the national championship, etc Alabama. Most of them from the south and all of them had highly rated players with good coaching. We'll see if Scott can bring the title here to Lincoln.

This wasn't a question.
It is a troll attempt.
No stars.

He’s going to bring back our walk on tradition. We are going to have to step it up on recruiting. But I suspect with our style of play, resources, etc. I can see us getting in the 15-25 range yearly.[/QUOTE]
The 90s Glory Days wasn't as much scheme as it was attitude as those teams especially the 95 squad had even the highest ranked opponents terrified shitless of even stepping on the field with them. Tommie Frazier best described Nebraska Tradition directly after the Fiesta Bowl while he was sitting at the Gameday podium when asked by Chris Fowler and his response was Powerful, Agressive Football, in other words I'll translate what the Glory years were, it was a Nasty attitude, Flawless Execution and Violent and Brutal Physicality priding themselves as being the absolute strongest team ther was by far. Frost is the last bastion of those teams and I can almost guarantee he will infuse that mentality back into this program as he still has that attitude coupled with the fact he's Osborne's clone as to say and might end up being better than what coach Osborne was. It doesn't matter the scheme, it's the attitude. The Glory Years might not be as far out of reach as many think. My 2 cents. GBR!!!!

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]
Good video. They should show these videos to recruits. Thanks for posting.

Last edited:
It all starts with hard work and determination...
1.-USF-FOOTBALL.jpg

Coach Jovan Dewitt turned a job at NASA to coach UCF. Even created an app in one night for recruiting for all the coaches. Loves math and science.

This staff is smart, talented, and hard working and committed to excellence. Success will grow and breed more success. The answer is yes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT