ADVERTISEMENT

Wilcher

As impactful 6th man as we’ve had in a long time. Dude has been so good. If he can keep it up we should be in a great spot to make the dance.
Agreed. He has really developed in the last couple of years. Was always a small liability, but now has helped this team shine. Dude is doing everything right and a hell of a team player. Need a few more guys like him for the future.

Agreed. He has really developed in the last couple of years. Was always a small liability, but now has helped this team shine. Dude is doing everything right and a hell of a team player. Need a few more guys like him for the future.

Agreed. Many still see Wilcher from 3 seasons ago, but he has steadily improved in each of the past 2 years. He is a good option to supplement Ninja. Goal is for at least 1 of them to be hot any given night. I still think Wilcher is a defensive liability (so is Ninja, mostly) and commits too many unforced turnovers for my liking. However, his offense has generally made up for his miscues and he has generally been a positive contributor most games.

Reactions: huskerfan66
His minutes have dropped and his production has gone up, biggly. He’s even sporting that early old-man gut, which is gold.

I think we’ll really see the depth of this team shine down the stretch when other teams are having to play bums due to injury, rape, etc. but we can plug in dudes off the bench like Wilcher, Gary, Hoiberg, and Rice

Agreed. Many still see Wilcher from 3 seasons ago, but he has steadily improved in each of the past 2 years. He is a good option to supplement Ninja. Goal is for at least 1 of them to be hot any given night. I still think Wilcher is a defensive liability (so is Ninja, mostly) and commits too many unforced turnovers for my liking. However, his offense has generally made up for his miscues and he has generally been a positive contributor most games.
Nebraska has the luxury of not having to play him in ways he cant excel in with a deeper roster. He was horrible when he had to do more ball handling. This is his game. Play the Klay Thompson role on the outside and keep moving for your shot.

I think we’ll really see the depth of this team shine down the stretch when other teams are having to play bums due to injury, rape, etc. but we can plug in dudes off the bench like Wilcher, Gary, Hoiberg, and Rice
Hopefully have Keita at some point in some way. Think that’s a pipe dream but would be great to have bigs depth.

The cool part is watching his confidence just explode this season. His shot looks so good and you can tell he feels like everything is going to go in the hoop. I feel like at some point we're going to get all of these guys hot at once and blow a good team out by 30.

Someone raped a basketball player?
Just For Laughs Lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

Wilcher is really a true success story, the guy frustrated the heck out of me over the past few years. This year, its been a night and day difference, guy has developed into a real threat with the ball - I don't really recall seeing him and Keisei on the floor at the same time, maybe having them both on the floor at the same time is a little bit too much of a ballhandling/defensive liability. But as good as his play has been, I think his leadership has been even better, the guy is elevating all around him with his skills. This team is so fun to watch, I sure hope they finish strong and make the dance...and if they do, I hope they get sent to SLC and I will travel from Denver to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT