ADVERTISEMENT

Why keepign Frost was the right decision

How quickly Frost supporters forget Osborne's words about expectations in Lincoln!

"The head coach is responsible for the defense and kicking game and the whole deal," Osborne said. "That's why you're the head coach. You're responsible for hiring those people, so I was not going to tell Bill Callahan who he had to keep and who he had to let go. Bill Callahan is where the buck stops."

When the Huskers were 4-4, Osborne said, he told Callahan that if the team finished 8-4, there would be no coaching change and that if he won three of the last four games "we can maybe make it work."

"If it's two out of four, it's going to be pretty tough because now you're break-even, and we haven't had many break-even seasons around here," Osborne said he told Callahan. "And if we have a losing season, there isn't any way this will work. The parameters were pretty clearly spelled out."

Reactions: SOHusker11
i see my thread has caused some controversy...didnt think supporting the national champion former coach of the year head coach at nebraska with data would be so controversial

• Haha
Reactions: c_broadus
i see my thread has caused some controversy...didnt think supporting the national champion former coach of the year head coach at nebraska with data would be so controversial
You really think he is recognized as a legitimate national champion? Like it or not there's a system in place to actually determine that on the field.

Reactions: c_broadus
When your idea of success is having the only double wide in the mobile home park - then I imagine Frost does look successful.

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
People are entitled to their opinions. Yes they get to express them on these pages. Does not make them right!

How quickly Frost supporters forget Osborne's words about expectations in Lincoln!

"The head coach is responsible for the defense and kicking game and the whole deal," Osborne said. "That's why you're the head coach. You're responsible for hiring those people, so I was not going to tell Bill Callahan who he had to keep and who he had to let go. Bill Callahan is where the buck stops."

When the Huskers were 4-4, Osborne said, he told Callahan that if the team finished 8-4, there would be no coaching change and that if he won three of the last four games "we can maybe make it work."

"If it's two out of four, it's going to be pretty tough because now you're break-even, and we haven't had many break-even seasons around here," Osborne said he told Callahan. "And if we have a losing season, there isn't any way this will work. The parameters were pretty clearly spelled out."
The difference was that Bill Callahan never held up a trophy as Tom Osborne's QB. Pretty simple. Tom would have never said those things if it was Frost's job on the line.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT