ADVERTISEMENT

Why is it so hard

Iowa was the better team today, as I thought they would be. I figured Nebraska would have to play the best game of the year to beat them. Defense was real solid, despite a few big plays, and the offense had some good drives. But when it counted, Iowa simply didn't make the mistakes that would have cost them the game. I question some of their play calling and the use of their timeouts late in the game, but they are the better team.

Reactions: hexumhawk
for posters here to simply say congratulations to Iowa on the win today and a great season instead of making dumb excuses? We got beat fair and square, if you can`t deal with that go do something else.

Because folks (who hide behind fake names) love to stir the pot? Who knows? Good luck dealing with them. ;)

On a brighter note, the Cougs did Coug it in the Apple Cup. At least one person in my household is happy.

for posters here to simply say congratulations to Iowa on the win today and a great season instead of making dumb excuses? We got beat fair and square, if you can`t deal with that go do something else.
Why? Because lots fo virgins thought that NU was going to win by 23 poiints...that NU was going to be ranked at 6-6, that NU was going into next season as pre-season top 10

Reactions: HuskerDana
Why? Because lots fo virgins thought that NU was going to win by 23 poiints...that NU was going to be ranked at 6-6, that NU was going into next season as pre-season top 10

Ugh quite a wake up call for some then.

I don't read this board and post to give Iowa kudos. I am here because I love the Huskers and am looking for optimism in every single aspect I possibly can. This is a HUSKER board. If you don't love Nebraska and want the best for them then I say get lost. I will keep hoping for improvment and feeling positive about the improvment I have seen this season. Hope this is okay with you mods.

I don't read this board and post to give Iowa kudos. I am here because I love the Huskers and am looking for optimism in every single aspect I possibly can. This is a HUSKER board. If you don't love Nebraska and want the best for them then I say get lost. I will keep hoping for improvment and feeling positive about the improvment I have seen this season. Hope this is okay with you mods.

No problem at all with that. Huge difference from you and the people I am talking about.

Iowa here : Nebraska is a good team, just need to clean a few things up and the team will.

A win is a win and congrats to Iowa for getting it but..... It is a tough pill to swallow when Neb dominated every part of the game. Iowa did not look like the better team, they did not play better, they did not look like the number 4 team in the country. What they did do was unwrap the gift. Any fan, Iowa or Nebraska, could easily see that. Nebraska beat itself plain and simple. Yes agreed congrats to Iowa and best of luck the rest of the way,other teams will however not hand the win to them.

Reactions: huskerssalts
A win is a win and congrats to Iowa for getting it but..... It is a tough pill to swallow when Neb dominated every part of the game. Iowa did not look like the better team, they did not play better, they did not look like the number 4 team in the country. What they did do was unwrap the gift. Any fan, Iowa or Nebraska, could easily see that. Nebraska beat itself plain and simple. Yes agreed congrats to Iowa and best of luck the rest of the way,other teams will however not hand the win to them.

You sound like a guy who can't understand why the hot girl didn't go home with him...

... And at home.

You sound like a guy who can't understand why the hot girl didn't go home with him...
Opposite I got the hot girl and married her. Horrible analogy, but point being the better team doesn't always win. In this case that was 100% true.

I would like to congratulate Iowa on devising a great defensive strategy to stack the line to limit Nebraska's rushing attack and just simply wait for TA to make questionable decisions that would most likely allow Iowa to win a close game.

That is called scouting your opponent and playing to Nebraska's tendencies to consistently commit bad turnovers at critical times. That is called good coaching by allowing the opponent for the 7th time to self-destruct again.

Perfect example of how to win without a team loaded with superstars. Can be a great example for other schools to follow (including Nebraska).

Reactions: HawkeyeinOmaha
Opposite I got the hot girl and married her. Horrible analogy, but point being the better team doesn't always win. In this case that was 100% true.
Just because you think she's hot doesn't mean anyone else does. That fact you had to make that statement says it all. I'm sure you are the most successful person to graduate from your high school class too - hence you hangout on a message board. Makes perfect sense.

Just because you think she's hot doesn't mean anyone else does. That fact you had to make that statement says it all. I'm sure you are the most successful person to graduate from your high school class too - hence you hangout on a message board. Makes perfect sense.
Are you seriously arguing with someone over whether their wife is hot? Be a grown person and just walk away.

Why is it so hard for your fellow moderators to not ban NEBRASKA POSTERS because they don't agree with them.

Blame Dave "Fatty Kasbohm" for that one, right?

You guys do realize you're a bunch of operating cliches, right? Do you all wear Nebraska fedoras, too?
one post... looks like you will get banned again!Laughing

I just don't see how you feel that with a QB like Armstrong that Nebraska is the better team? You can hide a bad G a bad CB or a bad WR but you can't hide a bad QB. If Nebraska had even an average Big Ten QB I have no doubt Nebraska would be a very good team. Armstrong is a very good athlete but he is a poor QB. You can't be successful in college football with a poor QB.

Reactions: NorthWillRiseAgain
As an MSU fan I guess I qualify as any fan. Iowa looked like the better team to me. They may not have looked like the #4 team in the country...but that wasn't necessary because all they needed to be was the best team in Lincoln today. Iowa is a good team that doesn't beat itself. Today was basically a snap shot of your season. Too many mistakes, undisciplined play and poor decisions at critical times. In the MSU game Nebraska made the big plays with the game on the line, but not today.

I was impressed by the concern and sportsmanship shown by the Nebraska sideline when we had two players look a bit wobbly after getting rocked. They were the first out to help. I think it may have been your trainers. Regardless you don't always see that.

As an MSU fan I guess I qualify as any fan. Iowa looked like the better team to me. They may not have looked like the #4 team in the country...but that wasn't necessary because all they needed to be was the best team in Lincoln today. Iowa is a good team that doesn't beat itself. Today was basically a snap shot of your season. Too many mistakes, undisciplined play and poor decisions at critical times. In the MSU game Nebraska made the big plays with the game on the line, but not today.

Iowa is the more disciplined team no doubt about it. Iowa waited for Nebraska to beat itself...it was only a matter of time. The Iowa Coaching Staff played the odds and won. Nebraska is consistently inconsistent which played right into their hands. Nebraska's Offensive Coaching Staff was outcoached today.

Reactions: LRob
It would not be hard if NU played smart disciplined football and got beat - yet we hold them to 250 yds and gain 433 and still lose - Its frustrating to watch this team and this set of coaches and the stupid mistakes

Iowa sucks and will be exposed in the next two games. Those ints weren't good plays, they were gifts by TA thrown straight at them.

Neb dominated every part of the game?

Omfg

Reactions: HIWILLE
A win is a win and congrats to Iowa for getting it but..... It is a tough pill to swallow when Neb dominated every part of the game. Iowa did not look like the better team, they did not play better, they did not look like the number 4 team in the country. What they did do was unwrap the gift. Any fan, Iowa or Nebraska, could easily see that. Nebraska beat itself plain and simple. Yes agreed congrats to Iowa and best of luck the rest of the way,other teams will however not hand the win to them
What game were you watching that big red dominated in every phase

Congrats to them. They earned it
Leodis is a hit on the Hawk board! Being passionate is what makes a fan a fan. Whatever or however we all analyze how this game played out, what could have been, what ifs?...etc. both teams played hard and it was a close game.

It's been great for Hawk fans to experience a taste of having success like Husker fans used to enjoy on a regular basis. We may not have the National respect but we will enjoy the journey while it lasts. I would not give up on your coach just right yet! Riley could surprise everyone next year and pull out a miracle just like Ferentz did this season. Good luck going forward.

Well Randy I will say take away our potato QB and Nebraska out performed Iowa in dominating fashion. Tommy was Iowa's best player today. Congrats on the win though. Hope you get smashed vs Sparty.

Reactions: huskerssalts
What game were you watching that big red dominated in every phase
Lets see in:
In rushing yrds
In passing yrds
In time of possetion
In 1st downs
In 3rd down conversions
The also dominated on penalties and turnovers. Those 2 stats are the ONLY reason Iowa won and still only manged to beat a 5-6 team by 8. Number #4 in the country lol please.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT