ADVERTISEMENT

Why I'm Not Worried About The Northwestern Loss

mavsker

Sophomore
Jun 12, 2020
gbr tbh imo nfm
Many are blaming the play calling, the receivers, the running game, the offensive line, the defensive front 7, the onside kick, etc. for the loss. They Are Wrong.
This loss is on one thing....conditioning, we were tired
Thats why I'm not worried. Imagine if you just flew halfway around the world spent a week in a foreign country with a full schedule sight seeing and practicing. Were completely jet lagged and then had to play a major college football game against a power 5 opponent while overseas. I know I would be tired. Very tired. But any one put into their shoes would be tired given the circumstances.
Our Offensive Line couldn't get much push because they were worn out. It was plain to see. They are much better than they looked saturday.
Defensively we were gassed it was also plain to see. The defense will bounce back in a big way.
You will see a HUGE difference come Saturday when we're back to our normal routines playing in lincoln. No jet lag no distractions from ireland and playing once again on American soil. This young team needs to get into a regular routine and that starts this week.
Its a long season. Not decided in one week of what amounts to a warm up game, we will bounce back. GO BIG RED!

Many are blaming the play calling, the receivers, the running game, the offensive line, the defensive front 7, the onside kick, etc. for the loss. They Are Wrong.
Thats why I'm not worried. Imagine if you just flew halfway around the world spent a week in a foreign country with a full schedule sight seeing and practicing. Were completely jet lagged and then had to play a major college football game against a power 5 opponent while overseas. I know I would be tired. Very tired. But any one put into their shoes would be tired given the circumstances.
Our Offensive Line couldn't get much push because they were worn out. It was plain to see. They are much better than they looked saturday.
Defensively we were gassed it was also plain to see. The defense will bounce back in a big way.
You will see a HUGE difference come Saturday when we're back to our normal routines playing in lincoln. No jet lag no distractions from ireland and playing once again on American soil. This young team needs to get into a regular routine and that starts this week.
Its a long season. Not decided in one week of what amounts to a warm up game, we will bounce back. GO BIG RED!
We were close?

NW had the same trip and got their asses handed to them last year by big red. This team is very week on the lines. Great skilled positions don’t mean shit if you can’t get pressure or tackle. Fundamentals where very bad and that’s coaching. All spring and summer to get in shape. I excuses are contagious and become a cancer. All that is needed is huge improvement I the trenches. That’s the true Nebraska way !

Nah I blame Scott Frost. Gigantic embarrassment to this program.

NW had the same trip and got their asses handed to them last year by big red. This team is very week on the lines. Great skilled positions don’t mean shit if you can’t get pressure or tackle. Fundamentals where very bad and that’s coaching. All spring and summer to get in shape. I excuses are contagious and become a cancer. All that is needed is huge improvement I the trenches. That’s the true Nebraska way !
While its true northwestern had to make a trip too,
- Northwestern had a shorter flight
- Northwestern arrived wednesday whereas we arrived monday
- Also a big factor, we took a red eye flight whereas northwestern took a regular day time flight. I think it was a bad decision to take a red eye and tell players to sleep on the plane. Many people cant sleep on planes and even if they can their sleep quality will be nowhere near as good as at a hotel

- Also a big factor, we took a red eye flight whereas northwestern took a regular day time flight. I think it was a bad decision to take a red eye and tell players to sleep on the plane. Many people cant sleep on planes and even if they can their sleep quality will be nowhere near as good as at a hotel
So we actually had more time to acclimate than NW did.

So we actually had more time to acclimate than NW did.
I don't think its a matter of acclimation though. If you spend two days in another country vs two days at home you'll be way more tired in another country. We should have left wednesday or thursday during the day. The good news is even though we messed that up, all of our remaining games are in the US so we cant make that same mistake again

Damn your post puts you right up there as the ultimate Fanboy along with @king_kong_

• Haha
Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
I don't think its a matter of acclimation though. If you spend two days in another country vs two days at home you'll be way more tired in another country. We should have left wednesday or thursday during the day. The good news is even though we messed that up, all of our remaining games are in the US so we cant make that same mistake again
The bad news is Frost is still the head coach

Take this game and compare it to ANY of the games for the past 5 seasons and you will see a mirror image. Do whatever it takes to make this loss acceptable then in 3 weeks you will make the same excuse as this one... lather, rinse, repeat.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Profile pic is what he believes he worships as Frosts dong lol

ed-helms-hangover.gif

Is this another epiphany you thought about all day at work and then on the drive home or did you need some extra medicinal help on this one?

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
It was a HUGE advantage for Northwestern to not have travel for the game.:rolleyes:

Northwestern also didn't onside kick away all of their momentum.

Scott Frost lost that game. End of story. Should be the end of the Frost era.

Reactions: BleedRed78 and 54T
ummm....can I remind you that Northwestern is based in Chicago, Illinois, USA. Which means they had to travel also. Even giving in to the premise (i.e. excuse)....who's responsibility is it to have this team ready to play?

I am absolutely sick of hearing excuses for poor coaching cming from frost. This post is laughable at best ...and appears to be written by his greatness "The Frost" himself.

Reactions: BleedRed78
ummm....can I remind you that Northwestern is based in Chicago, Illinois, USA. Which means they had to travel also. Even giving in to the premise (i.e. excuse)....who's responsibility is it to have this team ready to play?

I am absolutely sick of hearing excuses for poor coaching cming from frost. This post is laughable at best ...and appears to be written by his greatness "The Frost" himself.
That's it, you missed it! MAVSKER is right! Chicago is 1.5 hours closer by flight. That means we had 1.5 hours less to condition linemen....and also more jetlag. It's really amazing that NU stayed within 3. Very impressive job by Frost! At least NW didn't cheat and completely befuddle our staff by switching from an even front to an odd front like Illinois did last year!

This is a much better use of your words with Capital letters and punctuation. Now the only thing you should do is make some short paragraphs to make it easier to read. Try to end each thought with a period though. Lot of progress!

Reactions: mavsker
With Frost in charge, anything is possible.

Good point. It probably would have been better not have agreed to play a game overseas, or a P5 opponent as our first game, especially with so much depending on this season. Was this Trev's call or his predecessor's?

Reactions: mavsker
Did anyone else want to see Smothers play more than just one play? I know I did. I will say the only glimmer of a bright spot for me was the pass pro wasn't terrible other than a few times they pressured Thompson, I think he got sacked once and that was on Teddy. By the way any news on Vokolec's injury?

Last edited:

You're either the best troll this place has seen, or you're very confused.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT