ADVERTISEMENT

Who's hoping for a big Stanford win?

I prefer to see B1G teams win.

As I posted on RSS. I don't know how anybody could root for Iowa. Their fan base is the most pathetic, delusional, bunch of pricks out there. They make Colorado and Missouri look ok. All they do is hate Nebraska! Their favorite line is this isn't the 90's anymore. We had four int's and lose by only 8 and they think they are high and mighty. Their best season ever and they still won't have anything to show for it. I am sorry the vast majority of Iowa fans are absolute pricks, I will root for anybody they play just like they do for us!

Not usually something that is done, but of course hoping for a win for the Hawks and the B1G is fine for this game. Of course I won't be bummed if they lose either.

As I posted on RSS. I don't know how anybody could root for Iowa. Their fan base is the most pathetic, delusional, bunch of pricks out there. They make Colorado and Missouri look ok. All they do is hate Nebraska! Their favorite line is this isn't the 90's anymore. We had four int's and lose by only 8 and they think they are high and mighty. Their best season ever and they still won't have anything to show for it. I am sorry the vast majority of Iowa fans are absolute pricks, I will root for anybody they play just like they do for us!
Meh - you can say that about any fan base. Everyone has their share of jackasses.

Regarding their argument about the 90's, they are right. Since the turn of the century - most outside observers can't see a nickles worth of difference between our programs.

Guys....most Hawk fans I know rooted for the Huskers against UCLA. Now, maybe those fans on the west side of the state feel differently...but most of the population in Iowa resides on the East side of the state. You get west of Des Moines and there just isn't a lot of people. On this side we reserve our hate for Illinois, MN and Wiscy. :)

GO HAWKS AND GO BIG10!!

I look at it this way. Many Herkie fans hate the Nebraska program because of the fans (so they say but we all know that it is because Nebraska has been extremely successful). They think they don't have the douchebag fans but we all know that they do and that every fanbase has them (yes, even our Huskers have douchebag fans). The Herkie fans that I know do root against Nebraska no matter who they play as they hate us that much. But if you say GO TREES, then you are a Herkie hater. Im not a Hawkeye program hater, I just hate many of their fans.

With that said, for the players and the B1G conference, I hope they win as it is an incredible feeling for them to have the best season in their programs history. But for their fans, I hope they get beat by 50 points. But I really don't want to hear for the next 30 years how Iowa is so much better than Nebraska because they played in the Rose Bowl once in 50 years.

Reactions: anon_f0p8yi74csor0
Meh - you can say that about any fan base. Everyone has their share of jackasses.

Regarding their argument about the 90's, they are right. Since the turn of the century - most outside observers can't see a nickles worth of difference between our programs.

Got that right. The 90's are ancient history to most people these days. What have we done lately? Reading our board it doesnt look like we are all choir boys as a fan base. I dont hate any team and actually respect what Iowa has accomplished this year.

They have an incredible amount. Yes we have struggled for the past 15 years and we are pretty the same as them right now in terms of a program but they don't see it that way. At least we have a history, they don't have one. You need to spend a little more time around Iowa fans and you will wake up. They are first class dipshits. As I said before, I would rather get kicked in the balls repeatedly than ever root for those asses. I love they get all worked up about what Eichorst said last year about them, he was right, they sucked and we barely beat them, no saving Bo's job with that Funny thing is that Iowa fans were saying the same thing about their own team, giving up season tickets, calling for Ferentzs head then they are outraged that he said what they were all thinking. Give it time you will see

Guys....most Hawk fans I know rooted for the Huskers against UCLA. Now, maybe those fans on the west side of the state feel differently...but most of the population in Iowa resides on the East side of the state. You get west of Des Moines and there just isn't a lot of people. On this side we reserve our hate for Illinois, MN and Wiscy. :)

GO HAWKS AND GO BIG10!!

You may be right but the ones that live in the west and the most over the top people I have ever seen and that includes going to many Colorado games back in the competitive days. They absolutely hate Nebraska

They have an incredible amount. Yes we have struggled for the past 15 years and we are pretty the same as them right now in terms of a program but they don't see it that way. At least we have a history, they don't have one. You need to spend a little more time around Iowa fans and you will wake up. They are first class dipshits. As I said before, I would rather get kicked in the balls repeatedly than ever root for those asses. I love they get all worked up about what Eichorst said last year about them, he was right, they sucked and we barely beat them, no saving Bo's job with that Funny thing is that Iowa fans were saying the same thing about their own team, giving up season tickets, calling for Ferentzs head then they are outraged that he said what they were all thinking. Give it time you will see
I grew up and still live in western Iowa, so I do not need a lecture on Iowa fans. Most are good people with a few idiots sprinkled in. Sorry to hear your experience has not been the same.

Reactions: rpappy3
I grew up and still live in western Iowa, so I do not need a lecture on Iowa fans. Most are good people with a few idiots sprinkled in. Sorry to hear your experience has not been the same.

I also live in western Iowa and many around here a d-bags. Now it is a deal where they are bragging about how many showed up for the B1G ccg and now the Rose bowl. Yet they can't sell out their home stadium in the best year in their programs history ON SENIOR DAY

I still don't get why people have to "root". If the game sucks I'll turn it off. But if all you talk about is how much you hate IA, then don't tell me you're rooting for them in the bowl game.

LOL

I’m rooting for the Hawks. Got to stick up for our B10 brethren. Got to hand it to them for the great year they had.

Please, please hold onto the 90's for as long as you can and your "history." Nebraska will never go forward until they drop that attitude.

Ask the kids being recruited now who was awesome in the 80's and 90's, they won't know because a lot of them were not even alive. Just like I don't know who was awesome in the 1970's.

But I'm going to enjoy the Rose Bowl today. Hopefully your VCR doesn't break down showing those highlights from the 1990's. Cheers.

e31.jpg

Reactions: TheNewNU

GO HAWKS AND GO BIG10!!
You guys are going down - big. Life is good.

The fact that Christian McCaffrey didn't win the Heisman is a travesty. He is shredding Iowa right now, not to mention Stanford's line is making Iowa's defense look like pee wees right now.

Reactions: newAD
Please, please hold onto the 90's for as long as you can and your "history." Nebraska will never go forward until they drop that attitude.

Ask the kids being recruited now who was awesome in the 80's and 90's, they won't know because a lot of them were not even alive. Just like I don't know who was awesome in the 1970's.

But I'm going to enjoy the Rose Bowl today. Hopefully your VCR doesn't break down showing those highlights from the 1990's. Cheers.
I don't know about you but I'm sure enjoying the rose bowl right now

Can Iowa make some adjustments or is this going to be a blow out. Iowa has to be able to control the ball to keep Stanford offense off the field.

GO HAWKS AND GO BIG10!!

Yeah I read the Iowa Board "F" Nebraska this and "F" Nebraska that...well "F" Iowa

I don't mind Iowa. I actually like Ferentz quite a bit. Takes a marginal amount of talent and creates a pretty good product. And is always quick to give respect to other teams. I'm pulling for them to win.

How are you enjoying the game so far?

Oh well, it's not like this is the only game on right now and the entire counter is watching you Iowa......oh wait never mind.

How in the hell did NW beat Stanford again????

Ha Ha! We don't have an attitude. Iowa has some complex over Nebraska. Most Nebraska fans could care less about Iowa. I hope you are enjoying that Rose Bowl!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT