ADVERTISEMENT

Who will win the National Title this year?

F5Tornado

Senior
Jul 19, 2018
Alabama, or Clemson? That's all you get, Alabama or Clemson!

You may choose now. ;)

tenor.gif

Darkhorse candidate would be the Florida Gators. Ton of talent and best coach in the $EC besides Saban.

Reactions: Melmc
It's going to be Alabama and Clemson again. Their teams are just as stacked this year as they were last year.

Reactions: F5Tornado
This guy apparently doesn't think it can be Nebraska.

AVOID: NEBRASKA 30-TO-1 FOR A NATIONAL TITLE

8683866.jpg

(Photo: Jeff Hanisch, Getty)
"I'm a full believer in Scott Frost at Nebraska. There are very few coaches nationally I’d take over Frost, and he’s a proven program builder. That said, this hype is absurd. Nebraska will be much better in 2019. I’d project 8-10 wins. But this is a national title we’re talking about, and the Huskers have the ninth-best odds! Nebraska isn’t even a preseason Top 25 team for many publications, including 247Sports. You’d be silly to take this bet with so little additional information coming off a 4-8 season. Let’s not forget, Iowa, Northwestern and Wisconsin all have a real argument as the Big Ten West favorite. When you can’t even spotlight the Huskers as the far-and-away best team in a generally ho-hum division, you shouldn’t bet on them for a national title".

By the way, star sophomore Adrian Martinez checks in with the third-best Heisman odds. That’s a bad bet, too! Martinez is awesome, and he’s going to put up huge numbers. But Heisman winners usually come from teams that win in bunches. That’s far from a guarantee in Lincoln.

But Heisman winners usually come from teams that win in bunches. That’s far from a guarantee in Lincoln.

I can’t disagree with the guy but this here shows just how much of a joke the Heisman is. When a major factor for the trophy involves how well a team does then I think it’s safe to say that this award doesn’t exactly go to college footballs most outstanding player.

I can’t disagree with the guy but this here shows just how much of a joke the Heisman is. When a major factor for the trophy involves how well a team does then I think it’s safe to say that this award doesn’t exactly go to college footballs most outstanding player.
I remember thinking the year Peyton Manning sat out with a neck injury (?) and the Colts went in the crapper, Peyton Manning should have been named NFL MVP because his absence showed his value.

Reactions: dckchusker

Christian McCaffery, 2015 breaking Barry Sanders nearly 30 year old all purpose yards record...nah. Give it to another Alabama running back. Enough said.

I hate to say this but, Texas. They have gone through their down years and have the easiest recruiting job in the nation. Time for their fortunes to turn.
That was my kneejerk reaction as well, but couldn't bring myself to type it. You have more courage than I have.

Georgia would just find a way to choke, and if OU couldn't win it with the last two QB's they had, doubt they will this year, especially the way they play defense.
I'm NOT predicting Oklahoma will win it BUT they do have a new DC and I do predict their defense will be better.

A repeat, back to back CFP champs would be a new trend.

Does the Big Ten even get in the CFP?

Barry Alvarez isn't happy.

Earlier this spring, Wisconsin athletic director Barry Alvarez said the selection committee is no longer "following criteria" during the process and the Big Ten has felt the brunt of it.

"I was never satisfied with (the BCS) and thought four (teams) really helped college football,” Alvarez said. “I thought that would be it. But when our league is left out of the Playoff three years in a row, I’m not happy about that. I don’t think we have followed the criteria set by the commissioners in naming those four teams. There’s a way you could go to eight teams very easily, starting a week early with a bye with the top 4 seeds. Any team would have a chance to win. I think it will expand, I just don’t know when.”

I'd be alright with Clemson winning again. Just don't want any of my hated teams to win:

ND
Texas
Miami
Alabummer
Etc.

This guy apparently doesn't think it can be Nebraska.

AVOID: NEBRASKA 30-TO-1 FOR A NATIONAL TITLE

8683866.jpg

(Photo: Jeff Hanisch, Getty)
"I'm a full believer in Scott Frost at Nebraska. There are very few coaches nationally I’d take over Frost, and he’s a proven program builder. That said, this hype is absurd. Nebraska will be much better in 2019. I’d project 8-10 wins. But this is a national title we’re talking about, and the Huskers have the ninth-best odds! Nebraska isn’t even a preseason Top 25 team for many publications, including 247Sports. You’d be silly to take this bet with so little additional information coming off a 4-8 season. Let’s not forget, Iowa, Northwestern and Wisconsin all have a real argument as the Big Ten West favorite. When you can’t even spotlight the Huskers as the far-and-away best team in a generally ho-hum division, you shouldn’t bet on them for a national title".

By the way, star sophomore Adrian Martinez checks in with the third-best Heisman odds. That’s a bad bet, too! Martinez is awesome, and he’s going to put up huge numbers. But Heisman winners usually come from teams that win in bunches. That’s far from a guarantee in Lincoln.
Downplaying, raises the odds it happens. So, please keep it up

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT