ADVERTISEMENT

Who will be the next two added to the Big 10?

cornhead1

Senior
Sep 13, 2007
I would love to see ND and Utah - ND is a no-brainer, but would the irish make the move? Utah brings a toughness that matches up with the Big 10. I was thinking that you could then have four five team pods Fill the remaining five games within a another pod on a rotating basis.

USC UCLA Washington Oregon and Utah
Nebraska Wisconsin Iowa Minnesota and Illinois
ND indiana Purdue Northwestern and Mich State
Michigan Ohio State Rutgers Penn State and Maryland

Reactions: redwine65
Stanford and Cal.

ND will never, and should never, join a conference. they will command $85M/year by themselves very soon.

they have been huge winners in all this realignment by sticking to their guns/tradition

I was initially against Stanford and Cal, but it might be nice to add some programs we could potentially beat without counting on drastic improvement.

I was initially against Stanford and Cal, but it might be nice to add some programs we could potentially beat without counting on drastic improvement.
B1G thinking right here

imagine how much you'd be able to make fun of the mouth-breathing, uneducated SEC/Big12 while they're kicking our teeth in on the field/court once we add these two academic titans!

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Stanford and Cal.

ND will never, and should never, join a conference. they will command $85M/year by themselves very soon.

they have been huge winners in all this realignment by sticking to their guns/tradition
ND has some bad blood history with a couple of B1G schools.. Also don’t know how crazy they are about being in a conference with Purdue and Indiana…

They all ready play 5 teams from the ACC but might find it harder playing other power 5 teams wanting to play them if they’re in a super conference like the B1G or SEC..

I would love to see ND and Utah - ND is a no-brainer, but would the irish make the move? Utah brings a toughness that matches up with the Big 10. I was thinking that you could then have four five team pods Fill the remaining five games within a another pod on a rotating basis.

or 24, four 6 team pods
USC UCLA Washington Oregon Stanford and SMU
Nebraska Wisconsin Iowa Minnesota Illinois and Houston
ND Michigan Ohio State Purdue Northwestern and Mich State
Indiana Rutgers Penn State Miami North Carolina and Maryland

SMU (dallas/recruiting)
Houston (4th biggest tv market/#2recruiting)
ND (big bucks..the twins love ND)
Miami (#1 recruiting)
North Carolina (allways liked em)
Stanford (big academic bucks)

ND has some bad blood history with a couple of B1G schools.. Also don’t know how crazy they are about being in a conference with Purdue and Indiana…

They all ready play 5 teams from the ACC but might find it harder playing other power 5 teams wanting to play them if they’re in a super conference like the B1G or SEC..
B1G teams literally get down on their knees and beg ND to schedule them every year

ACC is the only conference ND will ever join, but I believe they'll remain independent (as they should)

• Haha
Reactions: scarletred

Stanford and Miami or Clemson. Getting an ACC school would be better than ND. I think the dominoes will fall for the ACC before long.

Reactions: baseball31ne
B1G teams literally get down on their knees and beg ND to schedule them every year

ACC is the only conference ND will ever join, but I believe they'll remain independent (as they should)
Be interesting if USC still keeps their rivalry game with them.. Could be conflict in scheduling now that there is going to be 18 teams 9 game conference schedule..

Reactions: BleedRed78
Be interesting if USC still keeps their rivalry game with them.. Could be conflict in scheduling now that there is going to be 18 teams 9 game conference schedule..
probably not.

B1G teams usually don't schedule good non-con games because they are cowards.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
B1G thinking right here

imagine how much you'd be able to make fun of the mouth-breathing, uneducated SEC/Big12 while they're kicking our teeth in on the field/court once we add these two academic titans!
Incorrect. I grew up watching 90s Huskers and know the time when we could beat 4 postseason top 10 teams in a year is gone. Now that I'm older and have a family and make good money, I would just like to be able to take my family on vacation to a bowl game. The mighty SEC you speak of regularly manipulates the schedules of its best teams to protect their chances of winning national championships because they know it matters. It is only a few delusional Husker fans who think schedule doesn't or shouldn't matter. Now on the flip side, a realistic fan could make the argument that it would be more fun and interesting to watch us play really good football teams, because win or lose at least we would get to watch really good football teams, and there is some merit to that line of thinking.

Reactions: huntered
The mighty SEC you speak of regularly manipulates the schedules of its best teams to protect their chances of winning national championships
more loser B1G thinking!

keep going!

probably not.

B1G teams usually don't schedule good non-con games because they are cowards.
Contradicting yourself when Ohio St playing them back to back years Purdue played them in 2021 Mich State played them 2016 & 17 Michigan played them 2018 & 19..

In 2011,2012 & 2013 ND played 3 B1G teams Sparty, Purdue and Michigan..

18 teams in the B1G is not like those other years..

Reactions: baseball31ne
Contradicting yourself when Ohio St playing them back to back years Purdue played them in 2021 Mich State played them 2016 & 17 Michigan played them 2018 & 19..

In 2011,2012 & 2013 ND played 3 B1G teams Sparty, Purdue and Michigan..

18 teams in the B1G is not like those other years..
like I said to you before, B1G teams literally beg ND on their knees to play them every year.

literally.

they played purdue for charity like a Make A Wish kid getting to shoot free throws at a Lakers game. purdue begged for decades for that game.

like I said to you before, B1G teams literally beg ND on their knees to play them every year.

literally.

they played purdue for charity like a Make A Wish kid getting to shoot free throws at a Lakers game. purdue begged for decades for that game.
More like they told ND you need to play us in September if you want to schedule us and that part is fact.

Winners deal with reality. Your attitude won't change the facts and to believe it will is magical thinking.
can you post one single instance of the SEC manipulating its schedule so its teams can win a national title via a 4-team playoff it has no control over?

thanks in advance for this dose of reality.

F2xzRKtWcAANhhi
Notre Dame TV ratings

can you post one single instance of the SEC manipulating its schedule so its teams can win a national title via a 4-team playoff it has no control over?

thanks in advance for this dose of reality.
Yes. Back-back away scheduling has been particularly atrocious. Arkansas had 3 sets of back-to-back away games in one year. Alabama had 3 in 10 years. What happened last time they had a back-to-back away? They lost. Back-to-back away games are so important when you do the math on numbers of back-to-back away games it is about inversely proportional to team success. The conference controls that and it is not random or the disparity would even out over time instead of increasing as it does. That is just one fact that can be independently verified. There are more ways scheduling matters and is manipulated, which becomes more apparent when you gamble on season win totals and pay attention to everything that makes a difference. If you want to keep learning from me the many things you don't know or understand, I can send you a link and you can subscribe to my course for a small fee (need based scholarships available for you).

or 24, four 6 team pods
USC UCLA Washington Oregon Stanford and SMU
Nebraska Wisconsin Iowa Minnesota Illinois and Houston
ND Michigan Ohio State Purdue Northwestern and Mich State
Indiana Rutgers Penn State Miami North Carolina and Maryland

SMU (dallas/recruiting)
Houston (4th biggest tv market/#2recruiting)
ND (big bucks..the twins love ND)
Miami (#1 recruiting)
North Carolina (allways liked em)
Stanford (big academic bucks)
You realize this is Houston’s first year in the big 12? Also stick to aau schools

Yes. Back-back away scheduling has been particularly atrocious. Arkansas had 3 sets of back-to-back away games in one year. Alabama had 3 in 10 years. What happened last time they had a back-to-back away? They lost. Back-to-back away games are so important when you do the math on numbers of back-to-back away games it is about inversely proportional to team success. The conference controls that and it is not random or the disparity would even out over time instead of increasing as it does. That is just one fact that can be independently verified. There are more ways scheduling matters and is manipulated, which becomes more apparent when you gamble on season win totals and pay attention to everything that makes a difference. If you want to keep learning from me the many things you don't know or understand, I can send you a link and you can subscribe to my course for a small fee (need based scholarships available for you).
the SEC's best team - UGA - have played back to back road conf game 2 out of the past 3 years

they play back to back road games to close out the season this year

bama played back to back road conf games last year & the year before. they do this year, also.

methinks you've got some outdated info, professor.

• Haha
Reactions: huntered
I've always wished to see some of our old Big 8 buddies join us. Kansas, K St, Iowa State...

I know it doesn't make any sense as far as TV market or recruiting grounds but I'd still like to see that.

You realize this is Houston’s first year in the big 12? Also stick to aau schools
they have a chancellor thats working on getting them in...when I think recruiting, I don't think rust belt...

The only thing that could threaten ND would be conferences refusing to schedule them. If they only schedule ACC schools I don’t think their package will be as strong?

The only thing that could threaten ND would be conferences refusing to schedule them. If they only schedule ACC schools I don’t think their package will be as strong?
Yea who would ever want to see ND play clemson, Miami, FSU

Oh wait… literally everyone

I’m not saying this will happen, but I could see teams not wanting to play ND in the future IF they are not in a conference. Conference schedules could be very tough and you don’t want to play a tough team in non-conference in October and November. Play non-con games in September only.

I’m not saying this will happen, but I could see teams not wanting to play ND in the future IF they are not in a conference. Conference schedules could be very tough and you don’t want to play a tough team in non-conference in October and November. Play non-con games in September only.
If fsu and clemson join a different conference,ND has to join big ten.

Reactions: nwualum
I would prefer FSU and NC. Whatever happens w the ACC afterwards would force ND's hand to schedule even more ACC, declare membership, or a similar deal w another conference.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Stanford and Cal.

Stanford will likely go Independent now. They already play Notre Dame every year.

I say they max at 20

Big 10

5 Pods based on location

USC
UCLA
Washington
Oregon

Nebraska