ADVERTISEMENT

Who was behind the AD getting fired?

redwine65

Offensive Coordinator
Jun 23, 2010
I think the chancellor and president fired the AD.
1. but who are the people that tell the chancellor and president to do that exactly, like their names?

2. Also, is the firing of the AD mean the firing of the football coach is coming?

3. What kind of percentage does riley keep his job in a situation like this?
The AD is the head coaches boss, so if he gets canned after a game, I think there is a 99.9% chance riley gets canned. Especially looking at the games coming up.

1. Technically, Chancellor Ronnie Green is the authority over the AD, he fired him. According to the University bylaws the Chancellor handles: "Personnel administration, including employment, termination, wage determinations, and conditions of employment for other than academic-administrative employees of the major administrative unit, in conformity with University-wide policies, practices, and procedures as may be required by the Board (of regents)"

The President is in charge of the four Chancellors for UNL, UNO, UK, UMC. A "major administrative officer" for UNL is nominated by the Chancellor to the President. If the President approves, the nomination is submitted to the regents. if they approve the nomination, the Chancellor is (technically) in control of that person. There is nothing in the bylaws that allows the President to fire an administrative officer. On the other hand, there is nothing that indicates he/she can't suggest the Chancellor fires someone. Same for the Regents, they can't fire anybody, but they can recommend the Chancellor does, but he doesn't have to. You can google the University of Nebraska regents and see who the eight are.

2. Technically, firing the AD has nothing to do with Riley's status. I believe it is a misnomer to say Eichorst fired Pelini. Eichorst recommended to Perlman Bo be fired, but Perlman fired him. Also, Eichorst didn't hire Riley. He made the recommendation to Perlman. Perlman nominated him to the President, who nominated him to the Board. A national search is only required for the President. Green could fire Riley anytime he wants whether there is no AD, an interim AD, or a new AD who likes Mike. I don't think firing the AD means HCMR is toast for sure, but he needs to win most of the rest of the games and not get blown out to keep his job.

3. Your guess is as good as mine. It probably depends on the rest of the season.

I think the chancellor and president fired the AD.
1. but who are the people that tell the chancellor and president to do that exactly, like their names?

2. Also, is the firing of the AD mean the firing of the football coach is coming?

The AD is the head coaches boss, so if he gets canned after a game, I think there is a 99.9% chance riley gets canned. Especially looking at the games coming up.

1. Anyone with big donations/money or the regents. There's a few of 'em that carry a certain degree of weight.

2. Anything is possible.

3. I can say with ease, that Riley will be coaching here next week, win or loss. Those games need to be played and player development needs to be examined..

I would say the people in his office and the Hawks and Cooks and someother big donors who just got fed up with how he operated and never wanted to be in the public eye, I was told and as you can see none of his people under him are up for the job even as interm AD, so that right there tells you something is aloof in the athletic department.

The president doesn't have a mind of his own and is a puppet.
Or he's the prez.

I think big money donors, hearing from fans and maybe a few coaches could of had something to do with it but being observed by the chancellor and the university president probably had a lot to do with it.

Just so everyone understands, Riley should be made to wear a "I'M NEXT" sandwich board whenever he appears in public. At least twice per home game, the video clip from "Dead Man Walking" should be shown on the scoreboard. He gone, the only question is when. Someone should start a lottery where fans can predict the exact time of termination.

Just so everyone understands, Riley should be made to wear a "I'M NEXT" sandwich board whenever he appears in public. At least twice per home game, the video clip from "Dead Man Walking" should be shown on the scoreboard. He gone, the only question is when. Someone should start a lottery where fans can predict the exact time of termination.
I laughed.

1. Technically, Chancellor Ronnie Green is the authority over the AD, he fired him. According to the University bylaws the Chancellor handles: "Personnel administration, including employment, termination, wage determinations, and conditions of employment for other than academic-administrative employees of the major administrative unit, in conformity with University-wide policies, practices, and procedures as may be required by the Board (of regents)"

The President is in charge of the four Chancellors for UNL, UNO, UK, UMC. A "major administrative officer" for UNL is nominated by the Chancellor to the President. If the President approves, the nomination is submitted to the regents. if they approve the nomination, the Chancellor is (technically) in control of that person. There is nothing in the bylaws that allows the President to fire an administrative officer. On the other hand, there is nothing that indicates he/she can't suggest the Chancellor fires someone. Same for the Regents, they can't fire anybody, but they can recommend the Chancellor does, but he doesn't have to. You can google the University of Nebraska regents and see who the eight are.

2. Technically, firing the AD has nothing to do with Riley's status. I believe it is a misnomer to say Eichorst fired Pelini. Eichorst recommended to Perlman Bo be fired, but Perlman fired him. Also, Eichorst didn't hire Riley. He made the recommendation to Perlman. Perlman nominated him to the President, who nominated him to the Board. A national search is only required for the President. Green could fire Riley anytime he wants whether there is no AD, an interim AD, or a new AD who likes Mike. I don't think firing the AD means HCMR is toast for sure, but he needs to win most of the rest of the games and not get blown out to keep his job.

3. Your guess is as good as mine. It probably depends on the rest of the season.

Thanks for the detailed answer and everyone else. I just was curious who the folks were behind the scenes who influence the chancellors actions.
the kinda ironic thing is it sounds like the chancellor is the top dog, but riley makes probably double what the chancellor does. I can't think of too many businesses like that. outside of pro sports.

And it matters why? Cheer for the team, keep it positive and don't spend time on things we have no control over.
well, Im just interested in who are the people that turned Nebraska into a pass happy offense. I just want to know who they are behind the scenes

The big money now days comes from the B1G they consistently write more and bigger checks than donors, unless you have a Boone Pickens the big money comes from the league and the tv rights just like the NFL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT