ADVERTISEMENT

Who to cheer for tonight - NDSU or sCUm?

After watching the CU game, I feel like CU should lose to any quality team they face. But they are explosive offensively with Shedeur, Hunter, and Horn Jr. NDSU neutralized CU with brutal time of possession in the first half, but CU’s explosive plays overcame.

Like last year, we will play them while they are still strutting. Need to disrupt them with physical/disciplined play without stupid penalties. Deny them quick/cheap scores, we win. Or win the turnover battle.

Colorado skill positions are speedy and talented. Hunter also likes to push off the db when playing wr and didn't get called for it quite a few times. If refs pay attention he won't be able to do that all year because they'll be looking for it.

Colorado offensive line and defense were supposedly upgraded this off-season. Maybe too early to tell but was not impressed at all. Shedeur will be running for his life all season and getting sacked again unless huge improvement happens in the trenches. Shiloh likes to play dirty and shove dudes way out of bounds on a few occasions.

Based on this one game I like our chances. We shall see how that changes if any this weekend based on our game.

Nice effort by NDSU but just a few yards short...

I don't like that CU has more than a week to iron out their issues and prep for us. Ugh. Losing to CU would be a major buzzkill for our season.

Memorial Stadium is gonna be LOUD & electric for this one. Hopefully the team channels all that.

Here's my read on sCUm based on what I saw tonight......Very good at certain position, hell, difference makers who will keep them in a few games. Glaringly suspect at other positions and unless Slime can address that, they ain't sniffing a playoff.
CU will be no where near the top 25 at the end of the season. No way they will be be close to the playoffs.

If our offense sputters against this awful CU defense it will be a bad sign. Especially if we can’t run the ball effectively.
Colorado will sell out to stop our run until we prove we can throw. Everyone will. Hard to run on anyone with 9 guys in the box

This is basically exactly what I was hoping wouldn’t happen

Hard fought game and sanders/hunter looking the part

We will have our hands full
It's going to be a dogfight. We need to get them off the field. The sacks will be there for the taking. Have to get Shedeur to the ground and then not let them convert 3rd and long. I think our front 7 feasts on Shedeur.

It's going to be a dogfight. We need to get them off the field. The sacks will be there for the taking. Have to get Shedeur to the ground and then not let them convert 3rd and long. I think our front 7 feasts on Shedeur.
If we can get out to a fast start, I feel Shedeur will force some bad passes and Nebraska will win comfortably by controlling the clock..

If we can get out to a fast start, I feel Shedeur will force some bad passes and Nebraska will win comfortably by controlling the clock..
This my hope too. The crowd will be electric. I doubt Shedeur has ever played in a venue that will be as loud as Memorial will be that night. And so if our defense can get pressure on him I think we will produce turnovers which will only feed the crowd more. And if, as you say, we get off to a fast start on offense and get ahead ... it could be 1992 all over again.

That is the ideal scenario. More realistically we are going to be in a real fight. CU has some real talent on offense. Our defense had better live up to the hype and not lay a turd like they did last year in the second half against these asshats.

Reactions: SomedayHusker
NDST is a tougher opponent than UTEP, but at the same time it was hard to gauge CU based on this one game. Sanders and the WR core looked very good, but NDST is also an FCS opponent with a first game coach. Good program but the athletes aren't there to match up. I think we are are the best defense they will face all season. I actually expect NU to be.
Obviously Hunter is an outstanding DB and WR and his conditioning is insane.
I'm not going to prognosticate until we see NU against UTEP and how our OL has grown.

Just read some stuff on Allbuffs an it is down right comical. They really are a delusional bunch, but Nebraska better just come in and beat their ass. Agree with Horn, SS and TH are all studs. With that said, our DL is going to absolutely eat and if they don't this season is going to be a long one.

This team just needs to control its emotions and follow Rhules plan. The process is what will win the game, not going rouge because these dudes chirp and cheap shot. After watching last night we should control the trenches and as long as we can limit Shaduer, I think we run all over them and Fidone is going to get his as well. Their corners suck in rush defense as well and we need to just run it right at their asses.

With all of that said, we are a battered fan base and I will believe it when I see it. My TV will have a huge hole in it if we lose to these ****ers.

Just read some stuff on Allbuffs an it is down right comical. They really are a delusional bunch, but Nebraska better just come in and beat their ass. Agree with Horn, SS and TH are all studs. With that said, our DL is going to absolutely eat and if they don't this season is going to be a long one.

This team just needs to control its emotions and follow Rhules plan. The process is what will win the game, not going rouge because these dudes chirp and cheap shot. After watching last night we should control the trenches and as long as we can limit Shaduer, I think we run all over them and Fidone is going to get his as well. Their corners suck in rush defense as well and we need to just run it right at their asses.

With all of that said, we are a battered fan base and I will believe it when I see it. My TV will have a huge hole in it if we lose to these ****ers.
At this point nothing has changed with CU. It is all out there on tape. Porous defense, fast receivers, accurate qb who holds the ball a long time waiting for big plays, offensive play calling that values stats over wins, a chippy team that is suseptible to penalties. No secret on how they play. No excuse for not having a gameplan that beats them.

At this point nothing has changed with CU. It is all out there on tape. Porous defense, fast receivers, accurate qb who holds the ball a long time waiting for big plays, offensive play calling that values stats over wins, a chippy team that is suseptible to penalties. No secret on how they play. No excuse for not having a gameplan that beats them.
Well said, and a huge reason this game is such a barometer for where the Husker program is heading under Rhule.

The DPI of the horribly underthrown ball pulled sCUm's ass out of the fire.

Something needs to be done to correct this call. Too many games are affected by this horrendous call. If the ball falls short of the receiver, the flag needs to stay in the pocket.

CU has 3 talented players; the remaining 8 are extremely suspect. NDSU always has a formable O-line; we will see how NU's line will stack up. I was not impressed by Colorado's D-line. If NU can start running down hill, CU will be trouble. I think Tony will feast on Sanders and give him nightmares. I think the talent on NU's defense is far better than NDSU's, and it will show. I wasn't concerned about NDSU's offense; they always come to play.

The game should not be close. Colorado's team lacks unity and cohesiveness. They rely on three players; remove one from the equation, and the house of cards will fall.

They seriously tried throwing deep when all they needed was to bleed clock after their last first down. They also throw screens instead of handing it off up the middle to kill clock. That tells you they have no faith in their running game. They are possibly more interested in running up passing stats than playing it safe. I still have no faith we won't choke.

I think we can move the ball and score points for sure, but NDSU had more success through the air than on the ground last night.

Colorado held them to 3.7 ypc, but NDSU completed 20/24 passes for 292 yards.

I think we can move the ball and score points for sure, but NDSU had more success through the air than on the ground last night.

Colorado held them to 3.7 ypc, but NDSU completed 20/24 passes for 292 yards.

NDSU missed a ton of running lanes. Their OL was actually doing a great job, but their QB and RB's lacked vision at times. I agree we are going to damage them in the pass game, but this year will be different because they will have to respect the pass game which is going to open up the run game in a big way.

I think NDSU also tried to get too cute sometimes and went away with things that were hurting CU. They were confusing CU bad when they were mixing it up and the TE and RB will be huge in the pass game against them. CU had a ton of miscommunication and a lot of times left the back wide open out in the flat.

Reactions: headcard
We were taking it to them last year until we just kept turning it over and the wheels eventually fell off. Is CU a better team this year? Maybe, but if so, not by a lot. NU entire offense should be greatly improved, and the D should also be better. My primary concern is the special teams, a few shanked punts or shitty coverage and punting it right to them, could make it much more interesting than it needs to be.

One thing's for sure, cu players and coaches will be all lose and confident, they will have that attitude that they expect to beat Nebraska. Sapp and Sanders know how to talk the talk and get their players jazzed up.

For Nebraska, mistakes have got to be little, if any, we'll see how polished they are Saturday against UTEP.

Agree. Being fired up and playing out of control or relying on crowd noise is a recipe for losing. I don't want to see guys celebrating a sack on first down and then blowing a coverage for 25 yards on the first play anymore.
Focus, technique, and determination are what win games. Listening to coach Osborne all these years and seeing how the best programs operate, it's all about across the board dedication and playing a solid 60 minutes. The mental aspects and thinking in terms of curses and other BS is a self-destroying philosophy. Good teams win no matter how unlucky a bounce may go.or a call may go.

Reactions: leodisflowers
One thing's for sure, cu players and coaches will be all lose and confident, they will have that attitude that they expect to beat Nebraska. Sapp and Sanders know how to talk the talk and get their players jazzed up.

For Nebraska, mistakes have got to be little, if any, we'll see how polished they are Saturday against UTEP.
I think it might be a good day to have Tommie and the 94 OL on the sideline to wave hello to Sapp. Then again, it's just one game and needs to be treated that way.

Wait, now NU has to make little or no mistakes to beat CU? The 4-8 team from last year? We played the most mistake filled football Ive ever seen last year and were still in almost every game with 3 minutes left. And what is Sapp going to say to his guys about Nebraska, a team that demoralized him last time he saw them?

Guys, they let an FCS team take them to the wire at home. Chill out.
An early no call on a TD that should have been an offensive PI was a huge factor in CU winning the game. I would hope our pass defense is better than NDSU’s.

People are assuming that things haven’t changed at NDSU as well. That would be erroneous. They’ve last most of their best staff and they had some obvious game management errors last night.

I was rooting really hard for CU to lose. That didn't work out for me though. It was pretty annoying watching Hunter getting away with OPI over and over again while the announcers kissed his ass but that's what we're going to have to deal with too. This week is a make or break game for Nebraska as far as I'm concerned. They can lose every other game this season (they won't) but they better shut Colorado up.

An FCS team that's dominant year after year with a History of beating P5 schools... let's not kid ourselves, NDSU would've handed NU their Asses the last 4-5 years
That’s your opinion.. All 4 huh..

An early no call on a TD that should have been an offensive PI was a huge factor in CU winning the game. I would hope our pass defense is better than NDSU’s.

People are assuming that things haven’t changed at NDSU as well. That would be erroneous. They’ve last most of their best staff and they had some obvious game management errors last night.
My biggest takeaway is how poor CU’s line looked on both sides of the ball. Seems to be a rerun of last year’s team.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
We saw the formula for beating CU. We also saw the formula for losing to them.

It may be relatively simple to make their offense one-dimensional, but you still need to disrupt their passing game. CU receivers seemed to get the ball in A LOT of space way too often. NU needs to pressure, hit, and sack Sanders - AND they need to avoid losing receivers out in space.

It goes without saying, but NU needs to avoid piling up turnovers on offense and keep enough drives alive to stack points throughout the game. NDSU also had receivers open all night. I’d like to think NU will be no worse than equal to NDSU offensively.

Reactions: Bugeater
I don't like that CU has more than a week to iron out their issues and prep for us. Ugh. Losing to CU would be a major buzzkill for our season.

Memorial Stadium is gonna be LOUD & electric for this one. Hopefully the team channels all that.
You can’t iron out those issues in a week. Nebraska will cover the spread

Reactions: scarletred
...and last nites game is why I dont bet football, and now I am curious if the line for our game has changed?
DraftKings went from 6.5 to 7 point Husker favorites. I think it will go a little higher before next Saturday.

Pretty much agree with everyone about Puff strengths and weakness. It’s all very obvious. Shaduer is being done a huge disservice being chained to his dad’s shitty teams. He could likely win a natty on 10-20 other teams. Imagine if he was on any team that could run the ball at all.

Run the ball and hit Fidone on medium routes. We have a lot more receivers than they can blanket every play. 20 more seconds and another timeout and I think the Bison had them beat. I’ve never seen the media do what they’re doing for Colorado (in football anyways) . We need to impose a lot of reality upon them!!

Reactions: RedMyMind
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT