ADVERTISEMENT

Who to cheer for tonight - NDSU or sCUm?

After watching the CU game, I feel like CU should lose to any quality team they face. But they are explosive offensively with Shedeur, Hunter, and Horn Jr. NDSU neutralized CU with brutal time of possession in the first half, but CU’s explosive plays overcame.

Like last year, we will play them while they are still strutting. Need to disrupt them with physical/disciplined play without stupid penalties. Deny them quick/cheap scores, we win. Or win the turnover battle.

Colorado skill positions are speedy and talented. Hunter also likes to push off the db when playing wr and didn't get called for it quite a few times. If refs pay attention he won't be able to do that all year because they'll be looking for it.

Colorado offensive line and defense were supposedly upgraded this off-season. Maybe too early to tell but was not impressed at all. Shedeur will be running for his life all season and getting sacked again unless huge improvement happens in the trenches. Shiloh likes to play dirty and shove dudes way out of bounds on a few occasions.

Based on this one game I like our chances. We shall see how that changes if any this weekend based on our game.

Nice effort by NDSU but just a few yards short...

Reactions: Huskers123456
I don't like that CU has more than a week to iron out their issues and prep for us. Ugh. Losing to CU would be a major buzzkill for our season.

Memorial Stadium is gonna be LOUD & electric for this one. Hopefully the team channels all that.

Here's my read on sCUm based on what I saw tonight......Very good at certain position, hell, difference makers who will keep them in a few games. Glaringly suspect at other positions and unless Slime can address that, they ain't sniffing a playoff.
CU will be no where near the top 25 at the end of the season. No way they will be be close to the playoffs.

Reactions: regionsdoc
If our offense sputters against this awful CU defense it will be a bad sign. Especially if we can’t run the ball effectively.
Colorado will sell out to stop our run until we prove we can throw. Everyone will. Hard to run on anyone with 9 guys in the box

This is basically exactly what I was hoping wouldn’t happen

Hard fought game and sanders/hunter looking the part

We will have our hands full
It's going to be a dogfight. We need to get them off the field. The sacks will be there for the taking. Have to get Shedeur to the ground and then not let them convert 3rd and long. I think our front 7 feasts on Shedeur.

It's going to be a dogfight. We need to get them off the field. The sacks will be there for the taking. Have to get Shedeur to the ground and then not let them convert 3rd and long. I think our front 7 feasts on Shedeur.
If we can get out to a fast start, I feel Shedeur will force some bad passes and Nebraska will win comfortably by controlling the clock..

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
If we can get out to a fast start, I feel Shedeur will force some bad passes and Nebraska will win comfortably by controlling the clock..
This my hope too. The crowd will be electric. I doubt Shedeur has ever played in a venue that will be as loud as Memorial will be that night. And so if our defense can get pressure on him I think we will produce turnovers which will only feed the crowd more. And if, as you say, we get off to a fast start on offense and get ahead ... it could be 1992 all over again.

That is the ideal scenario. More realistically we are going to be in a real fight. CU has some real talent on offense. Our defense had better live up to the hype and not lay a turd like they did last year in the second half against these asshats.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT