• Total voters

leodisflowers

Head Coach
Feb 25, 2011
North Carolina
Grant - Can he get back to being the man
Sims - If he gets a chance to start, can he re-take his job back
Haarburg - Enough said
Teddy P - Can he get back to it and give us much needed help at the tackle position
EJ - Going to need a backup to Grant. Can he make plays.

Voted for Johnson more out of hope than real expectation. I just do not see any of those other guys on the list being "playmakers" that will help this offense score. And Sims and Grant are more likely to hurt us with turnovers than help us. Haarberg? Meh. Good kid. Decent player. But not in any way a difference maker. And he should have been intercepted last week at least once. Teddy? Are you kidding me?

So it is Johnson by a process of elimination. Yikes

Voted for Johnson more out of hope than real expectation. I just do not see any of those other guys on the list being "playmakers" that will help this offense score. And Sims and Grant are more likely to hurt us with turnovers than help us. Haarberg? Meh. Good kid. Decent player. But not in any way a difference maker. And he should have been intercepted last week at least once. Teddy? Are you kidding me?

I went with grant for the fact I thought Ervin had some runs that Grant might have taken to the house. Teddy P was probably second because Corcoran and Benhardt are just so bad. Even if you shore up one end it helps our QBs out a ton

I went with grant for the fact I thought Ervin had some runs that Grant might have taken to the house. Teddy P was probably second because Corcoran and Benhardt are just so bad. Even if you shore up one end it helps our QBs out a ton
Grant has good vision and big play ability. But, need to try to keep him fresh. If he goes down, we are in deep.

Why are we so worried about Grant and fumbling? He fumbled 1 ball this year and it helped us lose a game where we had a QB throw 3 picks, a linebacker drop a game winning INT, and several other blunders. Last year he was very solid, 915 yards, no turnover issues. He finds the hole better than Gabe, appears to be more sturdy, and also has better breakaway speed. We are in good hands.

Reactions: tman485
Comes down to what QB can be productive enough to win us games instead of losing us games…

Teams that have quality QB are the one’s that win games..The verdict is still out if we have one good enough..

Reactions: Pennsyhusker

So you say Haarberg "meh" but select Johnson when you've never seen him play. Can't argue with that analysis.

I said it was more hope than reality. We need playmakers. Haarberg is not a playmaker in my opinion. Game manager .
you've seen him play one game

you also were perhaps the loudest of the "if sims goes down we're F'd" preseason crowd

thanks for including "in my opinion" to this post so we know to bring our grains of salt

literally what every stooge here said about sims all off-season.
I said that many times

1. I didn’t realize Sims was good for 3+ turnovers a game
2. I’m still not sure how well we do against better teams and better defenses. HH played decent but he also got away with a few mistakes. Too early to declare anything yet.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Comes down to what QB can be productive enough to win us games instead of losing us games…

Teams that have quality QB are the one’s that win games..The verdict is still out if we have one good enough..
🤣🤣🤣.. northwestern won this sh!tty division more than any team the past half decade. Don’t turn the ball over, play solid D, punt well and you’ll win a lot of games. You don’t need a stud at qb, just a solid manager of the game

I said that many times

1. I didn’t realize Sims was good for 3+ turnovers a game
2. I’m still not sure how well we do against better teams and better defenses. HH played decent but he also got away with a few mistakes. Too early to declare anything yet.
Not too early to declare HH is Nebraska’s best option to win. If new data points present themselves then I’ll change my evaluation… this is what intelligent people do..

Reactions: BleedRed78
you've seen him play one game

you also were perhaps the loudest of the "if sims goes down we're F'd" preseason crowd

thanks for including "in my opinion" to this post so we know to bring our grains of salt
All true Kong. Just my subjective impressions. And I drank the pre season kool aid about Sims. Guilty as charged. But I am not as high on Haarberg as you are. He did not impress me in the spring game. Last week he was just a game manager. And I trust that our coaches know who is the better QB.

But if he becomes our starter he has my total support.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT