ADVERTISEMENT

Who is Nebraska's go-to offensive player in clutch/crunch time?

RedMyMind

Assistant Head Coach
Aug 22, 2017
Wisconsin had Allen, Pauling, and Mordecai when they needed to make a play.

Is it Fidone? Kemp?
Kemp has been the go-to the last 2 games and that is sad that he is our best option, standing at 5 foot nothing.

Reactions: MissoulaHusker
We really do suck on this side of the ball. We don't have a go to guy! have to find a way to manage the game getting 3-5 yards a play. Whatever it takes to do that is what we have to be able to sustain.

We really do suck on this side of the ball. We don't have a go to guy! have to find a way to manage the game getting 3-5 yards a play. Whatever it takes to do that is what we have to be able to sustain.
Redzone is our Achilles heel.

the reality is HH was able to secure key first downs that kept momentum in some of the closer games. distinctly remember one in the NW game.

then he got banged up and rattled and Satterfield decided he wanted to run Frost's offense again as a funny prank.

Reactions: zrob and king_kong_

Is it Fidone? Kemp?
Kemp has been the go-to the last 2 games and that is sad that he is our best option, standing at 5 foot nothing.
There are none and that is one of the problems. Some slightly better than average WR's at best, below average QB's and very, very average RB's. Plus a below average Oline.

Reactions: RedMyMind
There are none and that is one of the problems. Some slightly better than average WR's at best, below average QB's and very, very average RB's. Plus a below average Oline.
Nate Swift, Mike McNeill, Todd Peterson, , Brandon Kinnie, Niles Paul or even Tim Marlowe would be nice to have. These were from 08-09.

Reactions: WHCSC

Is it Fidone? Kemp?
We don’t appear to have one DCs are taking Fidone out of play and Boerkircher is injured. Our freshmen WRs are just so raw and not great at getting past that 5 yard contact zone.

He is on the small size. Not the best characteristic to have in the red zone.
Same deal for Kemp. Need a Kinnie or Enunwa in the redzone. Imagine Junior Miller at TE. That man was HUGE. Ran in to him and Devaney outside South Stadium when I was at NU. Could not believe how big Junior was. He looked like an OT. Ginormous hands. Nice guy.

It's been pretty clear the playcalling past 2-3 games has been for malachi, just isn't there yet. I would blame Purdys pick vs Maryland more on him. But it should be EJ

“Go To Offensive Player”??? I have to go with Tristan Alvano! But the Huskers don’t use him enough. Satterfield is only using him 2.36 times per game, put his is a perfect 26 for 26 on extra points.

Johnson plays well.....if only the coaches knew about him.
Cub, I am as baffled as anyone about our RB rotation. And, I think that EJ can be a decent to good back. But the reality is that he is listed as a 5'11 190 lb? Freshman. How many carries can he handle prior to death or turnover (which he has been prone to (turnovers not death :))?
As with most of the skill guys presently. He is young/inexperieced. Give him some time.
I would like to see him get some back to back carries without rotating out during the course of the game.

Cub, I am as baffled as anyone about our RB rotation. And, I think that EJ can be a decent to good back. But the reality is that he is listed as a 5'11 190 lb? Freshman. How many carries can he handle prior to death or turnover (which he has been prone to (turnovers not death :))?
As with most of the skill guys presently. He is young/inexperieced. Give him some time.
I would like to see him get some back to back carries without rotating out during the course of the game.
EJ and AG will be splitting duties to keep them both as fresh as possible

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
It's been hard for any young receivers to step up and be potential playmakers with the way Husker QBs throw the ball.

Reactions: dinglefritz
The hardest running back I’ve seen play this year was that walk on when we were killing the clock in that game. NW?

It's been hard for any young receivers to step up and be potential playmakers with the way Husker QBs throw the ball.
There’s been that but consistency in routes and physicality has been lacking too. We NEED a big nasty sticky handed dude like Purify.

Reactions: zrob and BleedRed78
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT