ADVERTISEMENT

Who here believes M. Washington will get a 24 on his ACT??

"If you have not met all the Division I academic requirements, you may not compete in your first year at college. However, if you qualify as an academic redshirt you may practice during your first term in college and receive an athletics scholarship for the entire year.

To qualify as an academic redshirt, you must graduate high school and meet ALL the following academic requirements:

• Complete 16 core courses:
    • Four years of English
    • Three years of math (Algebra 1 or higher)
    • Two years of natural/physical science (including one year of lab science if your high school offers it)
    • One additional year of English, math or natural/physical science
    • Two years of social science
    • Four additional years of English, math, natural/physical science, social science, foreign language, comparative religion or philosophy
  • Earn at least a 2.0 GPA in your core courses.
  • Earn an SAT combined score or ACT sum score matching your core-course GPA on the Division I sliding scale."
So as i read it he is less than 2.3 on core courses but does have 2.0 or better , what he needs in the Sat will depend on where his GPA ended up

The problem is, he hasn't passed the 16 core classes needed for qualification. Not sure what his GPA is, but he needs a 20, so that may give you an idea on the sliding scale.

He’s passed the 16 classes or else he wouldn’t qualify for an academic redshirt. His GPA was just beliw the required 2.30.

If he didnt have a 2.0 GPA it doesn't matter what his ACT score is because he wouldn’t meet one of the requirements for an academic redshirt.

The fact that they are waiting for a test score says he has a GPA between 2.0 and 2.299.

The number being discussed as the needed test score is 20, that correlates to 2.175 if I remember the scale correctly.

The lower the GPA the higher required test score. A 2.0 would be in the 22 range.

Reactions: GretnaShawn
Btw, ive always liked you here. But, im curious. You ignored my status and went straight for my jugglar... why?

I don’t know what you mean by “ignored your status”, but I was out of line with my comment, sorry. Glad to have you back. It’s actually been surprisingly confrontational around here, which is crazy considering all the great things happening around the program. Hope everything is going well, again sorry for being so salty. GBR

He’s passed the 16 classes or else he wouldn’t qualify for an academic redshirt. His GPA was just beliw the required 2.30.

If he didnt have a 2.0 GPA it doesn't matter what his ACT score is because he wouldn’t meet one of the requirements for an academic redshirt.

The fact that they are waiting for a test score says he has a GPA between 2.0 and 2.299.

The number being discussed as the needed test score is 20, that correlates to 2.175 if I remember the scale correctly.

The lower the GPA the higher required test score. A 2.0 would be in the 22 range.
You are right. I think I misinterpreted what I heard. I think he also has a problem(along with the GPA)is that he didn't have enough of his core classes passed by a certain point in HS. Something like you must pass 10 of your 16 core classes by your senior year(or something like that) and that a certain amount must be in certain classes.

You are right. I think I misinterpreted what I heard. I think he also has a problem(along with the GPA)is that he didn't have enough of his core classes passed by a certain point in HS. Something like you must pass 10 of your 16 core classes by your senior year(or something like that) and that a certain amount must be in certain classes.

I believe there is a rule that you can’t replace grades on the first 10 credits. So if you got an F, you can retake the class but the F still factors into the GPA. So you would have 17 classes used to calculate the core GPA.

I hope I explained that well. I think what he was doing this summer was taking courses he could use to improve the GPA to get it to a 2.0.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT