ADVERTISEMENT

Who are we N on, on signing day?

redwine65

Offensive Coordinator
Jun 23, 2010
What players do we have a shot at to sign today, who have not committed yet?

Eleven players — two of them committed to the Huskers — will make final decisions Wednesday, all of which could affect NU’s class that currently has 19 commits.

The first announcement, Guy Thomas of Miami is supposed to make a final decision around 6 a.m., although the school’s signing day event doesn’t occur until 7. Thomas, a three-star defensive end/outside linebacker long committed to Nebraska, has taken official visits to Pittsburgh and Louisville in the last two weeks. He told recruiting websites he’s weighing the pros and cons of all three. Thomas’ defensive coordinator, Nitron Stork, said Thomas has seemed loyal to NU throughout the process.

“He still wears the Nebraska gear,” Stork said. A chance meeting with former Husker and current Miami Dolphin Ndamukong Suh helped NU’s cause, too.

But perhaps the biggest decision of the day occurs mid-morning, at 10:30, when three-star Dallas defensive tackle Damion Daniels chooses from among Nebraska, Colorado and Texas-San Antonio. Daniels could be the final piece NU seeks in the defensive line class. Daniels has been considered a Nebraska lean for months, and he’ll announce his decision on ESPNU.

After Daniels, the focus shifts west to California. NU has spent several years mining relationships in Southern California — specifically in and around Los Angeles. It has hired one of the area’s best recruiters, cornerbacks coach Donte Williams. Coaches have worn T-shirts. NU’s social media staff has plugged “Calibraska” on Twitter.

Wednesday, the final fruits of all that labor will be better known. Here are the names:

» Los Angeles Hawkins wide receiver Joseph Lewis and defensive back Greg Johnson both announce around 3 CST, both on ESPN2. These two — the crown jewels of NU’s recruiting efforts — have the Huskers as finalists with Oregon and hometown USC, which is just miles from their high school. Recruiting experts expect both to pick the Trojans.

But Hawkins coach Mil’Von James expects both to keep NU in it until the very end.

“It’s a lot closer than people think,” James told The World-Herald in mid-January. “It’s going to go down to the wire.”

Lewis is a five-star prospect — NU has never officially signed one of those at wideout — while Johnson is a four-star athlete who’s also a top 100 prospect. He could play offense or defense, but Nebraska is eyeballing him for cornerback.

» Los Angeles Salesian defensive back Deommodore Lenoir announces at 2:30 p.m. at the Long Beach Marriott hotel. Lenoir, who visited NU Jan. 20, is a consensus four-star who Nebraska would like to use on offense and defense — but primarily at cornerback. He’s a candidate to play early at NU. Lenoir, previously committed to Oregon, has the Ducks and USC in his final three.

» Pasadena cornerback Elijah Blades — a consensus four-star — announces his choice from among Nebraska, Florida, USC, Georgia and Oregon around 3. Blades committed to Florida last summer, but decommitted Jan. 25 following an official visit to Nebraska. Blades visited NU Jan. 20.

» Temecula athlete Michael Onyemaobi will announce his final choice between Nebraska and TCU on Fox Sports West sometime after 3 Wednesday. NU is recruiting Onyemaobi as a defensive back who could play corner or safety. He visited Jan. 27 and is close to Williams, who offered Onyemaobi after moving from Arizona to Nebraska.

» Three wideouts — one of whom is committed to Nebraska — will be making decisions Wednesday afternoon.

Thank You very much Mr. Bremser, now I have a idea who to listen for.

Great start so far. I hope we land MO but I'mhearing that we possibly told him no? Anyone info on this?

Not listed above, but WRs Grimes picked USC and Thompson to Utah.

Thompson to Utah is a bummer. Seemed like a talented receiver, and we need to be in on at least 1 extra in case Calvin bolts.

By the way, McQuitty is currently listed at 6'2" and Jr is listed at 6'1". I don't think we need any more "tall" receivers, honestly. Keeping Calvin is a big deal, though.

Looks like Blades picked up more Nebraska picks in the last 48 hours... from Southern Cal insiders to boot.... I'd be ok with this :). A little nervous about Oregon though... Nothing concrete just a hunch...

Looks like Blades picked up more Nebraska picks in the last 48 hours... from Southern Cal insiders to boot.... I'd be ok with this :). A little nervous about Oregon though... Nothing concrete just a hunch...

I can't wait to see Blades announce N!!! He's going to be a beast of a CB.

I think he said yesterday his final three are: Florida, Nebraska and USC.

Reactions: MileHighHusker22
I think he said yesterday his final three are: Florida, Nebraska and USC.
I know, not sure why I'm worried about Oregon (I guess the Lenoir connection and the recent excitement of Taggert. I know they have been on him)... I still think he's N though , be nice if Lenoir was too

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT