ADVERTISEMENT

When the conference realignment dust settles

SLOHusker

Senior
Aug 7, 2001
There will be two 28 or 32 team conferences that were called the Big 10 and SEC.
Each conference will have four divisions and a two game playoff for a conference championship. Then the conf championship winners will meet in a national championship.
The ACC will be pillaged within days starting with Clemson and FSU. When it's gone Pitt, Virginia, VT, Miami, BC, Clemson, NC, Duke and FSU will be in either the Big 10 or SEC.
Then the Big 12 will begin to break apart.

There will be two 28 or 32 team conferences that were called the Big 10 and SEC.
Each conference will have four divisions and a two game playoff for a conference championship. Then the conf championship winners will meet in a national championship.
The ACC will be pillaged within days starting with Clemson and FSU. When it's gone Pitt, Virginia, VT, Miami, BC, Clemson, NC, Duke and FSU will be in either the Big 10 or SEC.
Then the Big 12 will begin to break apart.

Who's covering that $100M per nut for the pillaging of the ACC?

Reactions: JOHNNY N
First off, the ACC has to have a majority of teams or maybe more vote to dispand the ACC first. That's not going to happen. Florida State would probably have to sue to get out of the league and avoid giving up their TV rights, and pay a huge buyout.

Secondly, the networks are influencing all of the decisions at this point. If ESPN already has the ACC and the SEC, why would they want Florida St. to leave for the SEC when they already have the rights to Florida St. football? And the SEC isn't looking to add teams at this point because frankly, unlike the Big 10, they understand that they don't need to. The SEC schools will already be getting less money than the Big 10 schools (from what I can tell) so why add more teams?

It would be stupid for the Big 10 to go after Florida State under the current circumstances. Florida State doesn't even own their TV rights, the ACC does. It seems more likely that Florida State is bluffing in order to get a bigger share in the ACC TV revenue.

so far we have been in the big 6, 8, 12...then (we were the 12th team in the big 10) another big 12, 14, 16, 18...

aug 15th is the deadline for fsu to leave...I predict in a few moons many a warrior will die.. 🌔
or the sec will do nothing, and the big will wait for nd (simps), before going to 20...
🍿

I think it’s more likely we end up with 4 mega conferences. The B1G, SEC, ACC, and Big 12. 18-20 teams in each.

20 teams may mean we have a few schools are suddenly “Major” programs that used to be “Mid-Major”; but that would allow each league to have 4 divisions of 5 teams. Win your division and you advance to your league’s playoff. Each league winner advances to the final 4.

You could also do NFL-like scheduling where the 5 teams in each division all play each other; the same 5 teams from another division; then 3 other out of conference games that are based on where you finished in the standings the year before.

Nebraska’s division would include Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois, Northwestern.

so far we have been in the big 6, 8, 12...then (we were the 12th team in the big 10) another big 12, 14, 16, 18...

aug 15th is the deadline for fsu to leave...I predict in a few moons many a warrior will die.. 🌔
or the sec will do nothing, and the big will wait for nd (simps), before going to 20...
🍿
weren’t we in the big 7 Also? Okie st joined in like 58,59 to make it the big 8. Maybe I’m wrong

weren’t we in the big 7 Also? Okie st joined in like 58,59 to make it the big 8. Maybe I’m wrong
Yes and Oklahoma was Oklahoma A&M before becoming Oklahoma State, also I believe they were nicknames the Aggies later changed to Cowboys..

Reactions: Baxter48
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT