ADVERTISEMENT

When did we start doing the K State thing?

mothmonsterman

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
When did we start using acronyms like HCMR or LHCTO? I'm not complaining, but it seems like it just started recently.

I think it was the last PC where the MC couldn't

remember the HC's name so he introduced him as HCMR. My poor lil shout out to Robin Williams.

It didn't feel right calling him just "Mike" or "Riley" at first. And since he is the current head coach, I would use the title "coach" out of respect, so Coach Mike Riley became shortened to CMR for me. But, Bo was Bo, and Callahan was Callahan, so it does make since to just call him riley.

There's enough acronyms on the internet already.

Well at least I know what LHCTO and HCMR means.... But am I the only one who apparently doesn't get an invite to the "Acronym Explanation Meetings"? I swear every week half the board is using some acronym that I have no clue what it refers to.
embarassed.r191677.gif

I have to look up acronyms at least once of week that our used on this website. So, my usage of LHCTO today is not out of the ordinary. Sorry to hack everyone off.

I don't remember a time on this board when people didn't use TO and FS. As I recall, adding a title started with Pederson (ADSP). It really took off when the "F" was added for "former", as in FADSP. I use HCMR since it is a lot less keystrokes and as a busy person, it saves me time
smile.r191677.gif

Originally posted by bigboxes:
I have to look up acronyms at least once of week that our used on this website. So, my usage of LHCTO today is not out of the ordinary. Sorry to hack everyone off.
I didn't mean to imply that it bugged me, I just thought there was a joke I had missed. I enjoy your posts.

Originally posted by mothmonsterman:

Originally posted by bigboxes:
I didn't mean to imply that it bugged me, I just thought there was a joke I had missed. I enjoy your posts.
Funny thing. I just read an e-mail from my 73-year old mother. She ends it with LLAP. Had to look it up. LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT