ADVERTISEMENT

What's more offensive?

cornhead1

Senior
Sep 13, 2007
Nebraska O vs Iowa O

Hard decision both are so inept, but I am thinking we are worse

Atleast iowa knows they suck and work with what they have.

We seem to keep doing the stuff that hurts us rather than what we do well. And take the points as in fg

Atleast iowa knows they suck and work with what they have.

We seem to keep doing the stuff that hurts us rather than what we do well. And take the points as in fg
It seems Rhule and Co want to lay the foundation for the coming years vs being something they don't like to preach, pedestrianism. It feels like a psychological move and trust vs what Iowa is doing - admitting to the team that they suck ass. However, there are times in games where being conservative is the right call.

Last edited:
If I had to guess, your offense is better and our defense is better.

Every game our defense blows my mind. They are elite under Phil Parker, just one of the bests.

Reactions: t7w0c1
If I had to guess, your offense is better and our defense is better.

Every game our defense blows my mind. They are elite under Phil Parker, just one of the bests.
So...you HAVEN'T seen us play this year...

It seems Rhule and Co want to lay the foundation for the coming years vs being something they don't like to preach, pedestrianism. It feels like a psychological move and trust vs what Iowa is doing - admitting to the team that they suck ass. However, there are times in games where being conservative is the right call.
Pedestrianism is absolutely not what he’s laying the foundation for, but feels this offense and their scheme is the best way to win right now. Which, if given even a slight reduction in TO’s, is absolutely true. The defense looks good in part because of the slower tempo on offense. Good times are ahead - but will take some time unfortunately. If TO’s are even cut in half we probably have 1-2 losses.

Pedestrianism is absolutely not what he’s laying the foundation for, but feels this offense and their scheme is the best way to win right now. Which, if given even a slight reduction in TO’s, is absolutely true. The defense looks good in part because of the slower tempo on offense. Good times are ahead - but will take some time unfortunately. If TO’s are even cut in half we probably have 1-2 losses.
The basics look like we are working with we have. But then Satterfield seems to look at all those fast young receivers, sure handed Kemp, and all those loaded boxes with one on one coverage, and he can’t resist the temptation to think “surely we can throw one pass to the right guy”.

Not so fast my friend!

Neb offense has the definite potential to score more points than Iowa. Its not even close. But the potential to make a mistake is much higher with Neb also. I think Kirk takes a nap when the offense is on the field cause he looks like he's just waiting for the next punt and then his defense to be on the field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT