ADVERTISEMENT

What would you do if Nebraska lose to Bethune-Cookman?

As an unhappy customer I would waltz my ass to the locker room, demand to speak to a manager, begin my complaint with “Last time I came here we beat Oklahoma...” and end it with “So what are you going to do to make this right?”

Customer is always right, the B1G would have no choice other than to crown us Champs and allow us to compete in the Rose Bowl. #LifeHack

As an unhappy customer I would waltz my ass to the locker room, demand to speak to a manager, begin my complaint with “Last time I came here we beat Oklahoma...” and end it with “So what are you going to do to make this right?”

Customer is always right, the B1G would have no choice other than to crown us Champs and allow us to compete in the Rose Bowl. #LifeHack
Wut?

Reactions: Biggesthuskerfan
OP is totally trolling. We should be significantly better on October 27th than we are now. Either way, we are not losing that game. At a minimum 17-21 point win

Last edited:

"They didn't want to compete at our level." -Akron AD Larry Williams

Sure thing there, Lar. Maybe next time don't take your football and go home if your priority is getting a game played. I'm guessing the fact that you left us in the lurch is why Moos decided to find a new dance partner, but by all means, say whatever you need to appease Zip Nation. Laughing

We would have throttled Akron on December 1st, and any rational Akron fan knows it.

"They didn't want to compete at our level." -Akron AD Larry Williams

Sure thing there, Lar. Maybe next time don't take your football and go home if your priority is getting a game played. I'm guessing the fact that you left us in the lurch is why Moos decided to find a new dance partner, but by all means, say whatever you need to appease Zip Nation. Laughing

Akron beating NW last Saturday made him pump his chest out saying Moos is running scared..

Fact is they could have found ways to stay around the Omaha area maybe not all in the same spot but if they wanted to play the game bad enough they would have stayed over night..

Akron beating NW last Saturday made him pump his chest out saying Moos is running scared..

Fact is they could have found ways to stay around the Omaha area maybe not all in the same spot but if they wanted to play the game bad enough they would have stayed over night..
Exactly, guess who won't be getting any more phone calls and million dollar paydays from NU.

I would log on here to read how it was Riley’s fault and if I simply ignored the final score it is abundantly evident that the team has made outstanding progress

I guess Akron doesn't have any confidence they will be in the MAC Championship Game on the weekend they wanted to reschedule with us. As I saw someone else say, their AD is right that we don't want to compete at their level. We want to be much better.

Bingo. From the end of the article:

The Zips are undefeated (2-0) are coming off a 39-34 victory over Northwestern, also a member of the Big Ten. And this week will play at Iowa State (0-2) from the Big 12 Conference.

Still, the Nebraska game is what the Zips wanted to play, for the national exposure as well as the opportunity and belief they could pull the upset.

"Severe disappointment,'' Williams said

If ADLW was sooo sure his Zips would pull off the upset (likely a revisionist outlook based on the Northwestern score, but we'll go with it), then he should have kept his team in town and made sure the game was played no matter what, less-than-ideal logistics be damned. You don't miss a chance to get a win like that for your program.

A hungry fighter eager for his opportunity would sleep in a van outside of the arena the night before if that's what he had to do to make sure he got his shot. Akron seems to think they're bigger and more important than they actually are, likely a result of the annual arrogance runoff with Columbus nearby.

The Zips tried to play their hand like a big-time program that wouldn't play ball unless their green room rider demands were satisfied. Now they're figuring out that, when you're a glorified schedule filler who's only in town for a paycheck and you leave town before actually playing the game, you're no longer a priority for rescheduling.

If Akron had been available Oct. 27, we probably still play them. But that was the date we preferred and the Zips had done us no favors previously, so NU had to do what was best for them. Of all people, ADLW should understand that concept. NU did Akron a favor by scheduling them in the first place. You had your shot, Zips. Don't go prima donna next time.

After his tough guy comments, you can be sure that NU will never schedule Akron again, at least while ADLW is in charge. So great job there, Lar. You took a big-time experience away from your players, cost your school a valuable paycheck and burned a bridge with a top 5 blue blood program in the process. I'm guessing other P5 schools took notice as well. Bravo.

Last edited:
Continue to be vaguely sad that they suck which then forces me to ask myself why I allow the outcome of a bunch of college kids playing a game impact my emotional state, which is in itself vaguely sad, and yet here I am.

Probably load up a 9mm and shoot myself.......wait that would be as dumb as this question. I would go to work on Monday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT