ADVERTISEMENT

What truck do u drive?

1990 Chevy half ton extended cab. Bought it rolled in 98, fixed it up, crate engine, transmission. Looks like heck now, rust bucket deluxe but works great. Started looking at new ones, hard to pay that money when the old beast gets the job done.

2017 Toyota Tundra. Great Truck. Gas Guzzler

But if you gotta tow the space shuttle, you don't care about fuel mileage. Ammirite????

Fuel mileage is over rated when it comes to a Tundra, all they do is run for 500K with minimal repairs. The reliability and lack of tow truck bills and inconvenience of breaking down more than makes up for the crappy mileage. Having said that, our '03 gets about 13, which royally sucks, especially when you consider the 4.7 only puts out about 235-240??? H.P. Hell the 3.5V6 Ridgeline has 280 H.P. What the hell.

But if you gotta tow the space shuttle, you don't care about fuel mileage. Ammirite????

Fuel mileage is over rated when it comes to a Tundra, all they do is run for 500K with minimal repairs. The reliability and lack of tow truck bills and inconvenience of breaking down more than makes up for the crappy mileage. Having said that, our '03 gets about 13, which royally sucks, especially when you consider the 4.7 only puts out about 235-240??? H.P. Hell the 3.5V6 Ridgeline has 280 H.P. What the hell.

I have the V-6 manual in my "03 and I get 21mpg :Cool:

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
2014 F15, extended cab, long box, eco-boost. It has all the tow packages and is rated to pull 11,900. Love it.

I agree to a point. Like...if I am going to the store to buy shit I don't want to use public transportation...but if I am going out for fun it would be great.
Public transportation certainly has its uses. When my wife and I took a week long trip to Seattle a few years ago, the system there was good enough we were able to avoid renting a car but for the one day we took a trip down to Mt. Rainier. While there are some compromises obviously, they were pretty small and we rarely had to spend much time at all waiting for a train/bus; and there wasn't anything we didn't do because we weren't able to get there. For this scenario, Google Maps helps a ton as it has transit navigation which helps you figure out exactly what to take to get where you're going, without having to spend 10 minutes figuring it out. Plus, compared to the cost of renting a car for that entire span, dealing with Seattle traffic, and most importantly the cost of parking in downtown Seattle; using public transportation was a no-brainer.

That being said, like you said, when you need to make a quick run to the store to buy something, it's better to not be at the mercy of someone else's schedule, like with public transportation. Plus, for most cities, the upfront costs to build a system robust enough to be able to make it useful for a large number of people, would be astronomical, not to mention the costs to maintain the system. For most places, it's just not worth it.

2011 silverado 1500 crew cab with off road and tow package. It was great for the first 125k... The last 40k has been very expensive and has me looking outside of a GMC product for my next truck in 2-3 years. As soon as the warranty expired, the drivetrain has had major issues, 3 separate times. 16mpg for the life of the vehicle including towing trailers and RVs for work/play.

17 Silverado Z71 is my normal driver. My weekend "drive to the local Lowes to get supplies for lawn/home projects" is a '70 Chevy C10 LWB, hugger orange with white top, a 2/4 drop, a disc brake conversion and a 327 engine swap. Next up 18" wheels and tires and I'd love to find an old AC Delco 8-track player to throw in the dash.

52f4092e3beaa.jpg

Reactions: huskerssalts
So seriously, I have looked at new trucks for the last couple of years. I was inches from a new Chevy last summer. Dealer had them 25% off sticker.

I know there are Ford lovers here but I just cannot make myself buy one, hated working on Ford's many many years ago.

So that leaves me everything but Ford. Started looking at the Dodge but a couple of mechanics said to stay away. Not sure why, think generally overall quality. Back in the day, a Dodge was one of the poorest built trucks ever. But that was a long time ago.

Don't plan to pull much but if I get a camper I want it to be able to handle it. The 3/4 Chevy did not press me last year.

So seriously, I have looked at new trucks for the last couple of years. I was inches from a new Chevy last summer. Dealer had them 25% off sticker.

I know there are Ford lovers here but I just cannot make myself buy one, hated working on Ford's many many years ago.

So that leaves me everything but Ford. Started looking at the Dodge but a couple of mechanics said to stay away. Not sure why, think generally overall quality. Back in the day, a Dodge was one of the poorest built trucks ever. But that was a long time ago.

Don't plan to pull much but if I get a camper I want it to be able to handle it. The 3/4 Chevy did not press me last year.

Problem with most American made trucks is they rust waaaaay to soon. Good gawd I cannot tell you how many 4-5 year old trucks I see with rust over the rear wheels, blows my mind America can't figure out how to keep that from happening.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT