ADVERTISEMENT

What truck do u drive?

But if you gotta tow the space shuttle, you don't care about fuel mileage. Ammirite????

Fuel mileage is over rated when it comes to a Tundra, all they do is run for 500K with minimal repairs. The reliability and lack of tow truck bills and inconvenience of breaking down more than makes up for the crappy mileage. Having said that, our '03 gets about 13, which royally sucks, especially when you consider the 4.7 only puts out about 235-240??? H.P. Hell the 3.5V6 Ridgeline has 280 H.P. What the hell.
Only thing is you would be driving a Honda truck then. I mean Hondas are great, but a truck? F- that.

Would love a new Tacoma. SO much you can get for them. Expensive as hell for a midsize truck though. For now Ill stick with the 00' Tundra.

That's what I used to think until I used the MRT in Singapore. It was pretty nice, clean & efficient. Def wouldn't work as well in the US.
good you like their MRT cause you most likely won't buy a car. The tax on a car there is at least 100% then another $50k+ to buy a "certificate of entitlement"

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Problem with most American made trucks is they rust waaaaay to soon. Good gawd I cannot tell you how many 4-5 year old trucks I see with rust over the rear wheels, blows my mind America can't figure out how to keep that from happening.

My 2012 Chevy 1500 is a rust bucket. Will be buying a truck with aluminum body next.

'16 Yukon Denali, '78 Jeep Wagoneer, '49 Chevy 3100. The Jeep is the best, can't beat that '70's one-finger power steering! The '49 is fun if you don't mind going 40 mph.

07 Chevy Silverado 6.0L vortec max crew cab 1/2 ton lifted 4 inches custom wheels and exhaust 4x4

Personally I don’t care if it’s a Ford, Chevy, or Dodge. Now days they are so alike and the specs are dam near identical (or so close to it). When it’s all said and done...I am a Ford guy but I have no bones owning a Chevy or Dodge. Man those Ford SVT Raptors are BEASTS, period. They have those factory blown motors and kick out a ridiculous amount of horsepower and torque.

Last edited:
2016 GMC Sierra
2015 Chevy Tahoe
2016 Audi A6

The Chevy and GMC have superior technology to the Audi, which is pleasantly surprising.

I considered an F-150... couldn't bring myself to buy a Ford with all the Chevy's I have owned even though I think the F-150 might be a superior truck... Also looked at Tundra, the mileage did scare me off... I realize the Toyota engines run forever but they are dated. I love the new Rams, but not sure I trust them. Also looked hard at Titan, but buddy talked me out of it. The 10 year 100,000 mile bumper to bumper was tempting.

Last edited:
How many people drive a truck because they need one vs just like them? No judgement, just curious. Personally I can't stand driving trucks/SUV's.

How many people drive a truck because they need one vs just like them? No judgement, just curious. Personally I can't stand driving trucks/SUV's.

I drive one out of need as I am a habitual home project guy and need something to haul the goodies. Like you I'm not a fan of driving a truck as a primary vehicle but I find that my Ridgine doesn't drive like a truck at all more like an SUV which I'll take.

I drive one out of need as I am a habitual home project guy and need something to haul the goodies. Like you I'm not a fan of driving a truck as a primary vehicle but I find that my Ridgine doesn't drive like a truck at all more like an SUV which I'll take.

Same. Habitual home project guy + we have an acreage so there's always something to do. Also use it for the boat, because I'd rather throw wet clothes and leaky coolers into the truck than the Tahoe. I'm going to find a cheap truck though, the current one is too expensive to sit around most of the time.

I live about 10 miles north of town and I need to open up the office in the mornings no matter the weather. And I occasionally need to haul stuff.

I've had one for 11 years. I love it in the winter. Hate when friends are moving. Lol. Too used to them now to go back to a car. Hate trying to park in downtown parking garages. Overall love my Hemi

I've had one for 11 years. I love it in the winter. Hate when friends are moving. Lol. Too used to them now to go back to a car. Hate trying to park in downtown parking garages. Overall love my Hemi

s-l400.jpg

Man those Ford SVT Raptors are BEASTS, period. They have those factory blown motors and kick out a ridiculous amount of horsepower and torque.

The problem I have with vehicles like that is the fact that I’m paying more for something I wont use. I’m all about the function and how it suits me. We have this guy at work who bought a new Camaro and he seems to think that this thing can hang on a drag strip.. Yeah, that thing will get whooped up on all night unless it’s “run what ya brung” night at the local strip. Same for those Raptors. I’m not going to beat the hell out of it off road, there are toys meant for that.

I have a boat and camper so a tow vehicle is necessary..

If I didn’t need it to tow I’d probably still have one for it’s usefulness.

2014 Silverado High Country. Probably will downsize to Colorado ZR2 Bison diesel as soon as 2020s come out

2016 GMC Sierra
2015 Chevy Tahoe
2016 Audi A6

The Chevy and GMC have superior technology to the Audi, which is pleasantly surprising.

I considered an F-150... couldn't bring myself to buy a Ford with all the Chevy's I have owned even though I think the F-150 might be a superior truck... Also looked at Tundra, the mileage did scare me off... I realize the Toyota engines run forever but they are dated. I love the new Rams, but not sure I trust them. Also looked hard at Titan, but buddy talked me out of it. The 10 year 100,000 mile bumper to bumper was tempting.
Audi makes a truck?

2017 F150 crew cab with the 2.7 liter ecoboost. First new truck I ever owned and love it.

Gets a little over 21 mpg on my commute, pulls my fishing boat easily to Erie or Lake Ontario. Yep, it's a small V6. But it's turbo and can get up and go just fine. Tons of room in the cab. Body's not going to rust, either. Not the configuration I'd get if I had a full size camper or something but I does everything I need very well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT