ADVERTISEMENT

What say you Husker Nation?

Trying to read the tea leaves from the coaches it seems like Sims. Thompson makes more sense to me as I’d rather have the better passer at QB. The guy does well with speed at WR and he does really well with solid blocking. I predict they will both play at some point and ignite further controversy either way.

Reactions: HBK4life
I haven't seen simms enough, nor rules offense enough to say...I know thompson has a arm and is not a runner.

No clue. Open fair competition. May the best one win and backup fully ready and prepared to play at a drop of a hat

Reactions: Walleye79
Our opinions don’t matter. It’s what the National Recruiting “expert” says that counts!🥱🥱

Reactions: pascal
We know what Casey has I dont know about sims although I’ve heard he throws a lot to the other team hopefully not another Martinez the edge goes to Casey

Is Thompson going to play in the spring ? Thought at one time I heard no, which will:make them tough to compare. Sims int numbers scare me. We are not in a position to overcome lots of turnovers.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
I think it will be Sims.. I'm not so sure who #2 is going to be. CT is a pretty good thrower, so he would be available, but not sure he's going to play again.. I'm curious who else in the room they are going to spend time actually developing.. we have a lot of bodies there, and not sure how many of them have talent. Would like to see us drop at least 2 guys and add another post spring game.

Is Thompson going to play in the spring ? Thought at one time I heard no, which will:make them tough to compare. Sims int numbers scare me. We are not in a position to overcome lots of turnovers.
Wasn't like half of his ints during his first 4 freshman games?

Well considering Casey is out this spring nobody will know until fall.
Logan is out as well, and I'm not sure even Chubba is participating for all of spring either.

So with potentially 3 guys out, I don't see how the staff is going to evaluate all this ahem 'talent' for the fall anyway.. this is why we really needed another guy in here (Hornsby) for the spring. As it is now, the staff can only really focus on Haarberg, Torres and Sims.

Reactions: HominidHusker
I think Sims will be the one because Rhule wants a QB running the show who can move the chains with his legs as well as his arm.
That's where I think things could get interesting on how CT looks under this staff. CT has the athletic capability to move the chains with his legs l. He won't break very many long runs. But he can climb the pocket and get to the sticks. I know he prefers to stay in the pocket and throw. But he is just fast enough to extend plays.

Logan is out as well, and I'm not sure even Chubba is participating for all of spring either.

So with potentially 3 guys out, I don't see how the staff is going to evaluate all this ahem 'talent' for the fall anyway.. this is why we really needed another guy in here (Hornsby) for the spring. As it is now, the staff can only really focus on Haarberg, Torres and Sims.
This will give Torres and HH a chance to show the new staff what their potential is. Personally, I think Torres will impress them with his arm talent.

Don’t really care, just glad that there will be a true competition for the spot, with reassurance that there is a capable back-up ready to play if/when needed!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT