ADVERTISEMENT

What it will take to get 6+ wins...

Seems that you're the guy wanting it both ways.

You're wrong alot and you don't take it well. You lash out at other posters and try hard to make it personal as a coping mechanism.

You've been accused of a stalker other members of the board and had to create a new handle at least once. You're more a less a joke, and we're all laughing at you.

Thanks for taking the time to go through my twitter replies. Love it.

Noooo!... Don't say that!

Kong is a National Treasure and we should all bend a knee to his posts because he was "right that one time..."

Sorry couldn't help it. RollingLaugh

• Haha
Reactions: JOHNNY N
if you value that stat, then that's something.

I don't value it higher than actual quantifiable numbers because part of it is subjective (difficulty of each play, for example).

do you think Jalen Milroe is the 13th best QB in the country, as QBR suggests?

I don't.

l don't really have an opinion about it one way or another because I've seen it seem way out of whack and seen it seem pretty spot on. But, it does seem fairly universally accepted as a pretty good metric when talking about QB performance. I do think it's important to factor in the strength of the defense, which it supposedly does. So, yeah I probably value it more than just looking at stats in a vacuum in that regard.

l don't really have an opinion about it one way or another because I've seen it seem way out of whack and seen it seem pretty spot on. But, it does seem fairly universally accepted as a pretty good metric when talking about QB performance. I do think it's important to factor in the strength of the defense, which it supposedly does. So, yeah I probably value it more than just looking at stats in a vacuum in that regard.
I get it.

the fact they don't publish how "difficulty" of play is incorporated makes it something less, in my opinion. heck, the fact they don't publish the formula at all makes it by definition a non-statistic.

kyle mccord the 9th best QB in the country? Milroe 13th? I don't think so.

Reactions: Landomatic
Oh, you didn't hear??

He predicted Haarberg would perform better than Sims...

So in some posters eyes (including his) he can trash all threads if/when any poster has any criticism on HH play on the field.

It's countless. Priceless. And obsessive.
you've posted here 78 times and 10% of those are about me.

obsessive, indeed.

I don't think our defense needs to put together a "hero-level" performance to hold Iowa's offense out of the endzone. However, our offense needs to put together a "hero-level" performance and not turn the ball over to Iowa and give them a short field.
Good post and I agree - but be careful about suggesting Iowa or any other lower level B1G team has any advantages over Nebraska. There’s a very “intellectual” bunch who will claim you are a fake fan and tell you to go post on their page.

speaking of spin, here's you a scant few weeks ago during the ILL game:

something clearly soured between us and it's clear you've done a 180 on our QB.

one thing's for sure - I haven't changed.
I guess you don't think people are allowed to be excited about a big play in a game.

Poor kong, can't cope.

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
What was that one time?

was right about this past week's game, unfortunately

Sleepy cold early morning long grass B1G slog written all over it

Pack the lunch pail, hard hat & kicking game

there are countless additional examples. including raiola being unceremoniously let go at season's end.

I know once again these facts will not sway your opinion.

5 of the 7 sacks were him running into his own oline instead of stepping into the open spaces.
"our pass protection has to be better"
"we have to give our QB a chance to make plays"

- Coach Rhule, today

that was a completely objective post based entirely in fact.

again, please feel free to be specific in where you disagree.
Here’s how it works with Johnny…

Johnny says something dumb.

You show him facts that clearly disprove him

He then says “you’re having a meltdown”.

You dunk on him with more facts

He disappears for a week

Reactions: king_kong_

He disappears for a week
he likes to point out how often I'm "wrong" while having the courage to post *zero* predictions of his own.

typical mental midget.

He disappears for a week
Oh here comes tampa that is save his buddy kong. What a cute couple.

Next comes the name calling.

some people are much more in their element on the Open Scrolls where facts are meaningless and feelings rule the day
At least I didn't have to create a whole new handle just post here, John

Last edited:
Didn't read the thread, just the title, but I'm going to say this kind of thinking is part of the problem.

Focus on each game, one at a time, then evaluate it at the end of the season.

I personally think all this 6 win garbage is what screwed us up last week. And it could continue to if players, coaches, and fans continue to focus on it.

Didn't read the thread, just the title, but I'm going to say this kind of thinking is part of the problem.

Focus on each game, one at a time, then evaluate it at the end of the season.

I personally think all this 6 win garbage is what screwed us up last week. And it could continue to if players, coaches, and fans continue to focus on it.
Fair point. Should retitle the thread, "What it will take to get one win at a time on our way to the Natty this year..."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT