ADVERTISEMENT

What I'm hoping

Springville

Junior
Gold Member
Feb 1, 2011
Using Utah as my reference point, when they first made the move from the MWC to the PAC in year one they got slapped around. Year two they still lost but lost close games. Due to their success in the MWC and the lack of understanding on the difference between playing the occasional BCS team and playing a schedule full of them their fan base started losing patients with Whittingham. Year three the won close but still lost a few games they shouldn't have. There was improvement in the record, but fans were still pretty upset and there was quite a bit of talk in the off season that Whittingham should be let go (a few coaches did leave due to lack of contract extensions when they were deserved). Here they are in year four and they're now winning big, ranked in the top 5 in the country, and Whittingham is looking like a potential COY candidate.

I'm hoping we're following a similar trajectory. We didn't have to go through the "lose big" year because we weren't as far behind the 8 ball (talent wise) as Utah was when they made the jump but we're definitely not where we need to be (again, talent wise) to compete for anything meaningful.

So here we are in the "lose close" year. Hopefully we can infuse additional talent and next year will be the "win close" year, and then 2 years from now with even more talent we'll be winning big and in the top 10.

It is also possible that were trending in the opposite direction, but I'm going to hope for the best.

Please excuse any spelling/grammatical errors, I'm typing this on my phone...

Reactions: Nextel Husker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News