ADVERTISEMENT

What if......

While there were some people who thought Frost wasn't ready for big time football. Most, I would say at least 90 percent including myself wanted Frost.

Of course no one can see into the future so you can't really fault that.

I would say that when Pelini was fired in 2014 I wanted Mike Gundy and i know for sure that he had interest.

Reactions: donahues17
I think the better question is who would have been your second choice. I can’t think of any real good second choices at the time. Maybe Bielema?

Last edited:
I would have hired myself so I could be AD and HC. I also have a few years of eligibility left so I would have made myself starting QB.

Reactions: Husker223
I think the better question is who would have been your second choice. I can’t think of any real good second choices at the time. Maybe Bielema?
I thought it was common knowledge that Dan Mullen had already agreed in principle to come here if frost didn't. That seems like a pretty good 2nd choice.

Nick Saban. But the more interesting question was after Callahan was fired. Patterson from TCU is on record or maybe it’s whispered that he wanted the job and Osborne went with Pelini because the fans were enamored with him.

Nick Saban. But the more interesting question was after Callahan was fired. Patterson from TCU is on record or maybe it’s whispered that he wanted the job and Osborne went with Pelini because the fans were enamored with him.

Osborne interviewed pelini, gill, and jim grobe. I would think that Patterson would have been as well if he was a serious candidate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT