ADVERTISEMENT

What I"m looking for on Thursday Night

You’re reading that. I’m just not going to make excuses.

And I am not important enough to do anything about it. I just won’t join the clown show showing support for another paycheck staff
I'm just reading what you wrote.

The huskers lose tomorrow night you're killing Rhule Friday morning?

• Love
Reactions: Jaemekon
I want to see sound fundamental football. At this stage, fundamental football will win games. Play in front of the sticks. On defense, see ball get ball. Create confusion, and get some turnovers. It has been since 2016 they have finished the season positive in turnover margin.

The game plan last year would have won the game with the constant pounding of the rock, but Whipple was smarter than everyone AND CHOKED IT AWAY. This is a great game for the O-line to build confidence and will pay dividends down the line. Rhule has done a great job preparing this team to think physically and play competitively. This year they have the TE's and a FB to push their will on Minnesota. If the running game works as it should, that will open a couple of shots downfield to Coleman and keep the safeties back.

This does not need to be a fancy game plan, just a simple football game that gets 3-4 yds per play and eat the clock. If the RB room is as good as Rhule makes it out to be, this should be attainable. The defense gets 2 turnovers and this will wrap it up.

Reactions: c3o and BleedRed78
I think a blow out either way would be the only surprise. Should be a close game. Who knows what will happen. We are so used to seeing the crap that Frost and Riley put on the field. Just can’t imagine it being worse.

I want to see sound fundamental football. At this stage,
I think it's safe to say that's what all of us want. And to @c3o OP, I think we'd all be pretty upset if they look like a team that hasn't been properly prepared. We've seen what that looks like, it'll be obvious if that's the case. I just don't think a guy with Rhule's background is gonna roll out a team that isn't dialed in.

Reactions: BleedRed78 and c3o
I think it's safe to say that's what all of us want. And to @c3o OP, I think we'd all be pretty upset if they look like a team that hasn't been properly prepared. We've seen what that looks like, it'll be obvious if that's the case. I just don't think a guy with Rhule's background is gonna roll out a team that isn't dialed in.
Nor be as excited and confident as he is about the team he's putting out in almost 24 hours

Reactions: JOHNNY N
I want to see sound fundamental football. At this stage, fundamental football will win games. Play in front of the sticks. On defense, see ball get ball. Create confusion, and get some turnovers. It has been since 2016 they have finished the season positive in turnover margin.

The game plan last year would have won the game with the constant pounding of the rock, but Whipple was smarter than everyone AND CHOKED IT AWAY. This is a great game for the O-line to build confidence and will pay dividends down the line. Rhule has done a great job preparing this team to think physically and play competitively. This year they have the TE's and a FB to push their will on Minnesota. If the running game works as it should, that will open a couple of shots downfield to Coleman and keep the safeties back.

This does not need to be a fancy game plan, just a simple football game that gets 3-4 yds per play and eat the clock. If the RB room is as good as Rhule makes it out to be, this should be attainable. The defense gets 2 turnovers and this will wrap it up.
if Coleman is in the game, we either are up by a crap ton, or we have some big problems going on.

pretty simple -

Can we run the ball?

This will be the key to the season. Can we push around teams equal or lesser than us. If not, we struggle to break .500. Running game takes pressure off the defense as well as the passing game.

Here's to believing we'll have 200 yards on the ground. We do that, we walk out of that gopher mound a winner.

S&C and improved coaching has to come through. I have to see it. Yes, it's early but Rhule is on a short leash - in that, I"m not going to go making excuses. If I see dog shit, I"m not going to search for ways to excuse the dog shit.
Two hundred is a tall order for the first game, but with a significant contribution from Sims in the run game we just might make it.

Reactions: BleedRed78 and c3o
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT