ADVERTISEMENT

What Husker play caused you to throw a temper tantrum

Big 12 Championship Game

For me it might be the 2009 Big 12 Championship Game debacle when they put a second back on the clock for Texas. There were so many things wrong with that play. First of all, the play doesn't end when the ball leaves flies out of bounds. It ends when the ball hits the ground or the bleachers. The scoreboard operator stops the clock after seeing the signal from an official.
And you can’t review a clock issue anyway in 2009 you couldn’t

Big 12 Championship Game

For me it might be the 2009 Big 12 Championship Game debacle when they put a second back on the clock for Texas. There were so many things wrong with that play. First of all, the play doesn't end when the ball leaves flies out of bounds. It ends when the ball hits the ground or the bleachers. The scoreboard operator stops the clock after seeing the signal from an official.
I had a mini stroke when we kicked it out of bounds giving them the ball at the 40

This. I was a kid and I cried.

With many years of 20/20 hindsight, I've mellowed on this one because it was a minor miracle we were even in the game as poorly as we played the first 2.5 quarters, and PSU still had plenty of time to score even if that play is called out of bounds. Still a terrible call though.

Reactions: saluno22
Didn't even have to think about it....2015 vs Illinois....

• 3rd & 7 at ILL 27​

(1:46 - 4th) Tommy Armstrong Jr. pass incomplete to Devine Ozigbo

I mean for god's sake, wtf was Riley thinking?
We all had no fng clue, he was on my shit list after that game.

1994 Orange Bowl wide left.

More recently there are so many to chose from. How about Michigan St 62 yard punt return to tie the game with 4 minutes left after having not converted a 3rd down the entire second half.
That FSU game killed me. I still think the FSU RB fumbled before leaping into the endzone. So many things went against Nebraska but we still had a chance to win it at the end. Make that kick and we could have won three straight national championships. Something that I don't think has ever been done before.

Brian Davis facemask penalty against Jamelle Holloway in the '86 Oklahoma game. We had them stopped. But Davis was perhaps 6'2 and Holloway perhaps 5'10.
I remember that one too.. Should have never lost that game as well..

That was the game we wore red pants at home..

Reactions: Catch50
I remember that one too.. Should have never lost that game as well..

That was the game we wore red pants at home..
That game might have been the most frustrating in-person loss I have experienced. The hate for the Bosworth/Holieway-led Sooners was very high.

The "Our House" game was actually the next year - a more hyped 1 vs 2 match-up. We weren't close to winning the game in '87.

Is that the same game where Jackson pushed off brain Davis to make a catch late in the 4th quarter? Should have been called offensive pi
The crucial Jackson catch I remember is the one in the clip in the OP. He was being covered by Broderick Thomas - a tough match-up for a DE, even one as good as BT.

The crucial Jackson catch I remember is the one in the clip in the OP. He was being covered by Broderick Thomas - a tough match-up for a DE, even one as good as BT.

Wish BT didn’t lose the keys to Memorial Stadium heading into the game in 87. Winking

A lot of talk by BT and ST heading into that game and OU did all the talking during the game. :(

Reactions: goldencohusker
Too many to keep track of, but here’s a few very random selections:

1. The phantom penalty on Corey Dixon kick return against FSU.
2. No penalty when KSU turned Eric Crouch into the exorcist child (head 180*)
3. Niles Paul dropping a lateral against Texas Tech and leaving it there with no whistle for TTU to return for a TD.
4. Niles Paul fumbling on free untouched sideline run that would have been a TD against Iowa St, along with the other 7 turnovers that day (4 inside the 5 yd line!!!).
5. Antonio Reed’s stupid targeting penalty in that one game that made us lose.
6. Cam Taylor Britt’s punt return display that poisoned the season from day 1
7. No suspension for the Colorado AM gator roll play.
8. Not feeding Jano against Iowa when he was averaging something like 6 yds a carry… but letting Tommy go YOLO for a deep 4th and 1 failure.
Good list. I would add Penn State’s TE catching the ball out of bounds in 1982. Led to our only loss that year.

nov-2001-tailback-chris-brown-of-colorado-runs-for-the-endzone-in-picture-id625182

Before he beat rihanna he beat us

Big Ten Championship 2012. Same play by Wisconsin. Over and over. Pelini should have been fired on the spot. 539 yards rushing. 640 yards in total offense. I'm glad I didn't have a brick.
Sad game indeed but I disagree about firing Pelini on the spot.

Didn't even have to think about it....2015 vs Illinois....

• 3rd & 7 at ILL 27​

(1:46 - 4th) Tommy Armstrong Jr. pass incomplete to Devine Ozigbo

I mean for god's sake, wtf was Riley thinking?

This is the first one I thought of also. Coaching from a win to a loss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT