ADVERTISEMENT

What became of Mark Whipple

I have a question for all you coaches. When I watch quarterback play and I get the feeling the quarterback does not see and or read the defense, I would think it makes the offensive coordinator job a living nightmare? I don't watch a lot of games other than Nebraska. I did watch some of Burrows and the quarterback for Frost in Florida. I feel if the quarterback sees the defense and knows what he is doing, he can keep the defense on its heels. Tell me what you think. Thanks
At the high school level in rural Nebraska, not many QBs are “reading the defense” pre snap. On pass plays it’s more look to your 10-15 yard route then to your check down TE or RB. You might pick up some defense tendaccies from game film and play accordingly.

At the high school level in rural Nebraska, not many QBs are “reading the defense” pre snap. On pass plays it’s more look to your 10-15 yard route then to your check down TE or RB. You might pick up some defense tendaccies from game film and play accordingly.
I taught/coached at a central NE school year ago...You are 100% correct.

For the most part it was playaction, rollout, look WR first, if there is anyone without 30 yards of him, don't throw it, and then throw it to the TE in the flat.

Then don't pass again until the 3rd quarter.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Is he coaching anywhere? You have to wonder if he's frustrated that he left a solid gig at Pitt. With the decent buyout, at his age, maybe not. Maybe this was his swan song anyway.

Whipple knew Frost was on the hot seat when he took the job.

He was just looking for a big paycheck before retirement.

• Love
Reactions: SuperBigFan
Whipple knew Frost was on the hot seat when he took the job.

He was just looking for a big paycheck before retirement.
I agree, I mean, everyone knew.

Whip knew that BEST case...he was here for two years...and "worst" case, he was here for 5 months and got paid for two years.

Someone I can't recall, happened to be on the same flight as MW and took a pic of him in the Lincoln terminal bound for Phoenix, AZ. Can't find the post nor photo though anymore.

He's probably scootering along and wacking the kiddos in the knees. He comes off as like the Uncle Rico type mixed with Father Salamanca meets Average Old man.

Dude was retiring when he was offered 2 million dollars to coach FB for 5 months.

What is he doing now?

Whatever the **** he wants.
Just wondering what changed.Frost went to Scottsdale to hire Graham Harrell the USC guy and ended up with Whipple. It wouldn’t have mattered but it would be interesting to hear the “rest of the story”.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT