ADVERTISEMENT

What a sore loser Moos is for publicly attacking Tommy Frazier

I don't think what Moos said was technically wrong, but I don't like him calling out TF at all.

He should have just ignored it. By saying something, it creates division.. one that I would remind, we are also starting to see in the fanbase too.

Remember when they got here, it was all about getting everyone on the same page, rowing in the same direction, but you have now seen two years that have been far from acceptable, especially when the coach talks smack and then can't back it up.

Moos should be reminded that this is of their own creation, and you have to take some accountability for what has happened.

TF and his tweets aren't the problem with what transpired the last two years. So making him out to be the bad guy, is not a good look at all.

Maybe Moos was drunk when he said that? Tommie was pissed. Scott chose Stanford first. Let’s just forgive everyone and focus on getting some real recruits.

You might not like his delivery, but Tommie Frazer has always spoken the truth. Coach Frost in 2 seasons has not delivered. Mistakes and no discipline. Cannot blame the total regression on Riley.
Moos should keep quiet and not take the bait from former players. However Tommie does deserve to be blasted back. If you're going to dish it out, then you better be willing to get it back as well. Just needs be to coming from someone other than Moos.

Tommie is entitled to his opinion but he comes across as motivated by total jealousy. I can understand why none of his team mates ever liked him.

I missed all the drama. What did Moos day?
Athletic Director Bill Moos brought up the Frazier tweet and specifically called out Frazier, saying:

“… I would say, ‘Hey, Tommie, you had the luxury of stepping into a program that was storied and had a powerful brand when you got there, with some of the greatest coaches ever to coach the game, All-American players and everything else. So be careful about what you’re saying because you never had to help build one from the ground up.’ ”

One could argue that Tommie had a bigger effect on that brand that Moos is talking about.. before Tommie, it was a bunch of 9 win seasons and Tom couldn't win the big one, so in a way, it was Tommie that made everything what it was.. he didn't just walk into it.

Athletic Director Bill Moos brought up the Frazier tweet and specifically called out Frazier, saying:

“… I would say, ‘Hey, Tommie, you had the luxury of stepping into a program that was storied and had a powerful brand when you got there, with some of the greatest coaches ever to coach the game, All-American players and everything else. So be careful about what you’re saying because you never had to help build one from the ground up.’ ”

One could argue that Tommie had a bigger effect on that brand that Moos is talking about.. before Tommie, it was a bunch of 9 win seasons and Tom couldn't win the big one, so in a way, it was Tommie that made everything what it was.. he didn't just walk into it.
Thanks for the recap brotha.

Tommie is a big boy...
He's got a Twitter account as a platform. At the end of the day, he isn't calling the shots. Moos is entitled to his opinion just as much as Tommie
You might not like Moos' delivery but Moos is in charge of NU Athletics, not Tommie.
Leaders shape the message, which is why Moos extended Frost and why Moos went public in response to Frazier's comments.
You don't have to like it or agree with it. If my boss doubled down on his support of me publicly, it would have more value than some former player on Twitter spouting off.
Athletic directors are connected to their coaches, the good ones set the table and lead with an overarching message without being heavy handed in the day to day operations. That's what Moos is doing
Here is the quotes from the LJS (Steven Sipple):
"If I were to talk to Tommie, and I might, and also talk to some of these other guys from the program's golden era, I would say, 'Hey, Tommie, you had the luxury of stepping into a program that was storied and had a powerful brand when you got there, with some of the greatest coaches ever to coach the game, All-American players and everything else. So be careful about what you're saying because you never had to help build one from the ground up,'" Moos said from Indianapolis, hours before the Big Ten Championship Game...
"It's not just Tommie I hear from," Moos added. "I hear from other former players who say, 'What are they doing? Why are they calling this and that?' I tell them we don't have the human equation to line up like it's 1994 and physically blow people 10 yards off the line of scrimmage."
By "human equation," Moos referred in part to what he believes is a lack of sufficient depth on the roster. Consequently, he said, he won't be "really judgmental" about Frost's program until "we're well into our third, fourth and maybe even fifth year of recruiting players."

Last edited:
Tommie is a big boy...
He's got a Twitter account as a platform. At the end of the day, he isn't calling the shots. Moos is entitled to his opinion just as much as Tommie
You might not like Moos' delivery but Moos is in charge of NU Athletics, not Tommie.
Leaders shape the message, which is why Moos extended Frost and why Moos went public with Frazier comments.
You don't have to like it or agree with it. If my boss doubled down on his support of me publicly, it would have more value than some former player on Twitter spouting off.
Athletic directors are connected to their coaches, the good ones set the table and lead with an overarching message without being heavy handed in the day to day operations. That's what Moos is doing
"If I were to talk to Tommie, and I might, and also talk to some of these other guys from the program's golden era, I would say, 'Hey, Tommie, you had the luxury of stepping into a program that was storied and had a powerful brand when you got there, with some of the greatest coaches ever to coach the game, All-American players and everything else. So be careful about what you're saying because you never had to help build one from the ground up,'" Moos said from Indianapolis, hours before the Big Ten Championship Game...
"It's not just Tommie I hear from," Moos added. "I hear from other former players who say, 'What are they doing? Why are they calling this and that?' I tell them we don't have the human equation to line up like it's 1994 and physically blow people 10 yards off the line of scrimmage."
By "human equation," Moos referred in part to what he believes is a lack of sufficient depth on the roster. Consequently, he said, he won't be "really judgmental" about Frost's program until "we're well into our third, fourth and maybe even fifth year of recruiting players."
it's hilarious watching him block people left and right on twitter

he's gone soft after the glory years, and I'm not just talking about his midsection

I could see Tommy being the type of person that doesn't want NU to ever be great again. It would take away from what he accomplished in his own eyes.

I think there is a bit of truth to that and I think it is how must of us would be in that situation as well. Not like in some evil way but just in a bit of a selfish way.

TF followed the Johnny Rodgers blueprint, smart move for the most part. For some reason he decided to sort of go "bad Hulk Hogan" and it might work out for him, it would work out for sure if Frost was not who he is...but it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

i saw tommie in a bar in probably about 2008. i felt bad for him.

So we are calling Tommie out on what most of us do here on a daily basis? :p The irony is so rich. I mean I get calling him out on being fat and a bad coach. After all, greatest husker fans and all that. Meanwhile, most of you sit here moaning about what we lost in the 90s of which he helped deliver on. There are a whole lot of players in that generation that you might not want to dig too deep for what you might find to dislike and come to understand that they are quite human after all.

So we are calling Tommie out on what most of us do here on a daily basis? :p The irony is so rich. I mean I get calling him out on being fat and a bad coach. After all, greatest husker fans and all that. Meanwhile, most of you sit here moaning about what we lost in the 90s of which he helped deliver on. There are a whole lot of players in that generation that you might not want to dig too deep for what you might find to dislike and come to understand that they are quite human after all.

Shoot, I am not calling him out. I don't care what he says and like you said, we pretty much all say the same shit anyway.

Tommie is entitled to his opinion. He’s had a issue with something or someone in the athletic department for a number of years. And instead of dealing with the issue in private he elect to do things in public. I loved him as a player. Probably the greatest dual threat quarterback in college football history . But that was over 25 years ago.

It's clear Moos is feeling some heat for the lack of success under Frost. But as someone else stated... the AD needs to take the high road and not look like a thin skinned douche.

I don't think what Moos said was technically wrong, but I don't like him calling out TF at all.

He should have just ignored it. By saying something, it creates division.. one that I would remind, we are also starting to see in the fanbase too.

Remember when they got here, it was all about getting everyone on the same page, rowing in the same direction, but you have now seen two years that have been far from acceptable, especially when the coach talks smack and then can't back it up.

Moos should be reminded that this is of their own creation, and you have to take some accountability for what has happened.

TF and his tweets aren't the problem with what transpired the last two years. So making him out to be the bad guy, is not a good look at all.
I didn't agree with TF coming out and saying what he said, but what he said at this point isn't wrong.

It's clear Moos is feeling some heat for the lack of success under Frost. But as someone else stated... the AD needs to take the high road and not look like a thin skinned douche.
There is a reason Moos is making any excuse possible, there is a reason Frost is blaming talent. Both of their careers are riding on Scott succeeding here. One could argue even the future direction of the football program is riding on Frost. If either Moos or Frost start showing any doubt things and fans support could turn really quick.

There is a reason Moos is making any excuse possible, there is a reason Frost is blaming talent. Both of their careers are riding on Scott succeeding here. One could argue even the future direction of the football program is riding on Frost. If either Moos or Frost start showing any doubt things and fans support could turn really quick.

Moos' big talk last year, like saying that Urban Meyer and Harbaugh were running scared, did not do him any favors. Then he had to shift the goalposts and say that 6 wins would be a success, and we couldn't even reach that goal. I wonder what goal he will set for 2020?

This is utterly false. NU had played in multiple BCS level bowl games for a decade straight...and had one of the greatest teams ever just the decade before. Yes, they struggled in bowl games but the brand was set, with multiple top 10 teams. Tommie completed 40% of his passes in his career and didn't have a run over 25 yards his senior year before the bowl game...he also missed nearly his entire junior year where other guys stepped up and help win the 1st title. That is the definition of program..when another guy can fill in and do your job just as well. Tommie was a failure in everything since including football so the burden of proof falls on Tommie to prove that he is great vs. the program.

Reactions: Top_Gun_
This season the honeymoon ended. Everyone got to wave and cheer Scott on the proverbial runway for the Nebraska football reboot. My sense is Scott got a feel again for the fish-bowl mentality that is Nebraska football--one of the things he was hesitant about--and it weighed on him more than we think. Deep down he knows he messed up by pouring gas on the hype fire, thinking that Nebraska Year 2 was going to be like UCF Year 2.

The bottom line is something happened to Adrian Martinez and the offense. Some may call it talent around him, some may call it a trenches problem, some may call it Riley-esque losing habits, some may call it leadership, some may call it Adrian regressing due to coaching. We may not know what it is for weeks, months or years. We will get some answers next season though.

I will get flack for this but I believe the defense played well enough to get to a bowl game. The offense did not at all. If you talk to former players who aren't Tommie Frazier, or fans who don't lose themselves in a literal game played by 18-22 year olds, you know that this year was not the year to make huge jumps.

This football team needs talent so badly at certain positions it is almost unbelievable we won 5 games this year.

"Consequently, he said, he won't be "really judgmental" about Frost's program until "we're well into our third, fourth and maybe even fifth year of recruiting players."
If we havent made a bowl game yet in year 4 both of their asses should be shown the door. Will they? Highly doubtful. Fans love Frost because he's Frost and that seems to be enough now. Its not about winning anymore. What a sad state of affairs

If Tommie wanted to respond, he could remind Moos NU hadn’t won a national title for nearly 25 years until he arrived and when he turned over the controls to Scott Frost, the result was one of the worst losses imaginable, a 19-0 shutout to an ASU team that Tommie and company beat by about 60 the year before. They beat them so badly that ASU Coach Snyder whined about TO running up the score.

I don’t know the reasons why Tommie doesn’t like Frost, but they were competing for the same job and of course Frost chose Stanford and Bill Walsh over NU and TO, which rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

Obviously Frost has been a much more successful coach, but if I had to choose which guy has been more important to the success of NU football, Tommie wins hands down. Moos should have ignored grouchy Tommie.

If Tommie feels the need to go public with how he feels, then be ready to get the same in return. To me it sounded like TF has SF issues and needed the spotlight shifted back to him. Don't get me wrong, love me some Tommie running the option, but it was a self serving comment in my book. If he has issues with the direction of the team, he more than likely has access to Moos. Take it face-to-face or write a letter in his position.

Yes. Instead of making a public statement, prefixed by the comment "if I talk to Tommie", he would have been better served to have actually talked to Tommie and not the media, or made a simple statement that Tommie wants what we all want - a more successful program

Its not the fans fault that the program is where it is, and that is all Tommie is today, albeit a high profile one. In my opinion, the coaches and admin need to avoid any pot stirring at this point with pre-mature boasts, criticisms of past coaches/cultures, and responding to external criticisms. Keep the message consistent - focused on the goal and effort to improve.

If we havent made a bowl game yet in year 4 both of their asses should be shown the door. Will they? Highly doubtful. Fans love Frost because he's Frost and that seems to be enough now. Its not about winning anymore. What a sad state of affairs
Some fans surely love him. Ever since he chose Stanford and only came home when he didn’t win the QB job, he has not been one of my favorites. I appreciate his time as a player and believe it is too soon to talk about canning him, but if that day comes so be it.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
You forgot he was an assistant at Baylor with Kevin Steele, that didn’t go so well either
My knowledge of post-NU Tommie is limited to knowing about his stint at Doane and a friend telling my that he saw him at a BBQ place here in Charleston.

Reactions: TheBeav815
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT