ADVERTISEMENT

What a bunch of fucking fair-weather fucking fucks

11d22682-5035-45be-b220-4785b364ae31_text.gif

As Bo famously said. We lost to a decent team in overtime and fans lose it. This teams not making the playoffs but were making a decent bowl game. Lets support the boys and know better times are coming!
its the way we lost.

> much better than the team we were playing on paper
> leading at halftime
> defense gets exposed in second half en route to collapse
> team completely quits in overtime

there is limited time in the week for working adults, so investing 3-4 hours on a disappointing product is just not a great ROI.

people are allowed to be upset at getting outcoached and pushed around on national TV like that

As Bo famously said. We lost to a decent team in overtime and fans lose it. This teams not making the playoffs but were making a decent bowl game. Let’s support the boys and know better times are coming!
Too many people here bought into the hype of 7-0, fringe playoff team. We were never going to do that. Big buy in usually results in a good sized meltdown

As Bo famously said. We lost to a decent team in overtime and fans lose it. This teams not making the playoffs but were making a decent bowl game. Lets support the boys and know better times are coming!
They were at home at night for the 4th game in a row and were 9 point favorites. I think fans have every reason to be pissed especially considering the personal fouls, other penalties, special teams issues played a huge part in losing.

You could copy and paste that from many of their losses the past 6-7 years and there’s reasons to be frustrated with the program and staff in game 4 of year 2 for losing this winnable game.

Last edited:
They were at home at night for the 4th game in a row and were -9 favorites. I think fans have every reason to be pissed especially considering the personal fouls, other penalties, special teams issues played a huge part in losing.

You could copy and paste that from many of their losses the past 6-7 years and there’s reasons to be frustrated with the program and staff in game 4 of year 2 for losing this winnable game.
Preach John Stamos GIF by Fuller House

As Bo famously said. We lost to a decent team in overtime and fans lose it. This teams not making the playoffs but were making a decent bowl game. Let’s support the boys and know better times are coming!
Not to mention calling ANY Nebraska fan “fair weathered” at this point after how many years of losing games they shouldn’t is the single most dumbest comment literally ANYBODY could make.

If it was any fan base that had the kind of run Nebraska has the past 10 years you would have had a program with the support level of a Northwestern long ago.

I use f bombs quite often too, but dang, this is like a tongue twister .. say f’n fair weather f’n ****s 5 times.😂
And yes, this ship will get back on track! Definitely missed Micah Mazzccua on o-line, linebacker and corner blitzes at a much greater rate and playing man up defense at line of scrimmage!..safeties need to get rid of the concrete shoes as well!

Not to mention calling ANY Nebraska fan “fair weathered” at this point after how many years of losing games they shouldn’t is the single most dumbest comment literally ANYBODY could make.

If it was any fan base that had the kind of run Nebraska has the past 10 years you would have had a program with the support level of a Northwestern long ago.
Truthfully, the fans spoil the program. No matter the results people come and people donate. For the business side of the program the results are meaningless. 3 wins 10 wins no matter. Money to pay 3 head coaches and a couple of ADs at once.

Reactions: tampa husker
Sorry but fans deserve better. It's been like this for years. And honestly that was one of the more frustrating losses. Fat Bret in the sideline literally laughing at this teams incompetence. I don't blame this on the players. This is squarely on the coaches. They do not appear to be condioned well. Complete breakdowns. Mental lapses. last night would have made a Frost led team cringe.

Last edited:
Sorry but fans deserve better. It's been like this for years. And honestly that was one of the more frustrating losses. Fat Bret in the sideline literally laughing at this teams incompetence. I don't blame this on the players. This is squarely on the coaches. They do not appear to be condioned well. Complete breakdowns. Mental lapses. last night would have made a Frost led team cringe.
We haven't found that magician that can make chicken salad out of chicken shit yet. Coaching only part of it .

**** the ****ing optimistic ****s who refuse to see things as they are and think everything is butterflies and rainbows because the program landed 1 recruit. It’s 2001 again, with the QB putting the entire state on his back. 25 straight AP top 25 losses. This was a chance to “prove” yourself on the national stage against a lower tier top 25 squad and the team and coaching staff shit the bed in very Nebraska style, again. How dare we be upset for expecting more. At least we have a cool weekly behind the scenes video with worthless interviews to look forward to every week. ****!

An amazing usage of the word f*ck.

Not only a verb, or pronoun, but can actually be used as a noun.

An amazing and complete understanding of the English language in a single headline.

Well done OP. Excellent.

Reactions: salsa red
In case you haven't noticed, the fair weather left this program years ago, yet the stadium remains full.
I can see that too. I think we have a good team. I would have taken 3-1 at the beginning of the season though. Hopefully we win the next few.

I LOVE Bo and wish he had never been fired (so do the Bo haters but they will never admit it) and he was right BUT that doesn't mean he wasn't also wrong. We as fans are supposed to react and overreact, thank god we do, that is why NU has 400 sellouts. We LOVE this program.

Fair WEATHER...we have put up with a shit product for 20 plus years. Go hump someone else's leg snowflake.

I LOVE Bo and wish he had never been fired (so do the Bo haters but they will never admit it) and he was right BUT that doesn't mean he wasn't also wrong. We as fans are supposed to react and overreact, thank god we do, that is why NU has 400 sellouts. We LOVE this program.
Not this Bo hater. I wanted him gone long before he was finally canned and am glad that he is still gone.

Not this Bo hater. I wanted him gone long before he was finally canned and am glad that he is still gone.
That is why you are not a good fan. Wins are all that matters.

Don't be upset that you were wrong though (I know, you will say you were not upset) but just next time, root for the guy that wins. Thanks!

• Haha
Reactions: kidofSN
This - good grief few expected us to win more than 7. Some were completely content and expecting 6 wins - but all hell breaks loose after our first loss.

I predicted 8 wins and hope we will be close but that doesn’t mean I’m going to lose my crap after every loss. We have been crazy bad and everyone better continue to buckle in for rebuild time.

Good grief - this board is painful when we lose.

This - good grief few expected us to win more than 7. Some were completely content and expecting 6 wins - but all hell breaks loose after our first loss.

I predicted 8 wins and hope we will be close but that doesn’t mean I’m going to lose my crap after every loss. We are crazy bad and everyone better continue to buckle in for rebuild time.

I get it BUT

This is what we want...once this place is not painful after a loss...that is when the fan base stops caring and that is when we become pretty much all the teams in the Big Ten that are not named OSU...

Reactions: kidofSN

I predicted 8 wins and hope we will be close but that doesn’t mean I’m going to lose my crap after every loss. We are crazy bad and everyone better continue to buckle in for rebuild time.

Why are people acting like we got blown out?

Don't be upset that you were wrong though (I know, you will say you were not upset) but just next time, root for the guy that wins. Thanks!
Thank you so much for your expert opinion.

Reactions: Laner2

Bo would have been fired from any program not named Vanderbilt or Iowa for losing the way he did a year sooner

I get it BUT

This is what we want...once this place is not painful after a loss...that is when the fan base stops caring and that is when we become pretty much all the teams in the Big Ten that are not named OSU...
It was getting close to that level of apathy under Frost. Longtime Husker podcasts faded away and stopped producing content. At least two Husker restaurants/bars in my area “disenfranchised” and stopped showing the games. Folks were giving up.

Rhule has brought back hope, but last night was a game that should have been part of the rebuild’s success story, not yet another storied failure in crunch time. Not another extension of a losing streak against ranked teams that dates back to Mike Riley beating Oregon, not another loss to a (barely) ranked team on Rhule’s resume. It was a setback. We’ll see what they make of it.

I know OP posted partly tongue in cheek. I would say, though, that the reaction here is no worse than any other team’s message board (feel free to check out the board of any losing team this week and prove me wrong), and actually quite a bit better than fan reaction in certain fair weather programs where their posters constantly dog cuss players, call for their injuries to get them off the field, and wish death and destruction to refs, coaches, admins—you name it (you see it most in programs where fans are more into their pro teams). The main difference is that there’s more fans here than most, and that we’re still right smack in the middle of the lowest 10-year-run in program history, with an embarrassing bowl-less stream to boot. People are going to be salty until that changes.

I get it BUT

I get this take BUT …

—People calling for everyone to be fired.
—Our fans saying DR should transfer for himself (what in the holy hell????)
—Tony White being showered with praise for the last year and change and then a game where his D doesn’t show up - he’s suddenly exposed and garbage.
—Acting like Rhule is garbage because he didn’t go for it on 4th and 3 - which had we gone for it and not got it — people would be losing their stuff because he went for it.

Honestly we sound like Iowa fans … we going to boo our own team the next home game at the first sign of adversity?

I'm not pissed off that Nebraska lost. I never thought Nebraska would be undefeated this year. I still think a bowl game is showing progress. If we had a decent kicker we don't go into OT to begin with. That's on Nebraska.

What gets me down is not the loss but the damn refereeing, and I know it's a hard job and they aren't going to make EVERY call. But GOLLeee, How did they miss the PI of the NE receiver in the endzone, or the PF hit out of bounds on the NE ball carrier? Especially after they called three 15 yarders against NE D lineman, but they miss that business when it's the spotlight on the field?!?

And all this after we had to watch the b12 refs throw flags at ghosts for the entire 4th quarter vs CU.

I want NE to be so good as to not be affected by ineptitude.... including their own... but it's just ridiculous the bias, especially noteworthy throughout history. Consider NU has 11 undefeated seasons and only 5 NC. Hello?

I'm not for Nebraska getting favorable treatment, just an even fair shot AND due any other program with a ton of homers in media and people in the necessary occupations the game has.

Thank you so much for your expert opinion.
You are welcome! Thank you for admitting that I am correct, that is not easy to do, it takes a big person. This is why women are superior to men in every single way, you can actually admit mistakes where men just refuse.

I get this take BUT …

—People calling for everyone to be fired.
—Our fans saying DR should transfer for himself (what in the holy hell????)
—Tony White being showered with praise for the last year and change and then a game where his D doesn’t show up - he’s suddenly exposed and garbage.
—Acting like Rhule is garbage because he didn’t go for it on 4th and 3 - which had we gone for it and not got it — people would be losing their stuff because he went for it.

Honestly we sound like Iowa fans … we going to boo our own team the next home game at the first sign of adversity?
I have no idea what iowa fans sound like because that is a dorky program with zero expectations

The calling for jobs, that is totally normal and clearly they don't really mean it, they just sort of mean it, which is totally normal with "crazy" fan bases.

Cuck iowa fans have let their racist coach destroy their program and their athletic department for 20 years.

• Haha
Reactions: FudgeLovingHusker
We lost a game that would shouldn't have lost, at home, at night. At best its a bad look, which we can't afford if we want to get to "good" on a consistent basis. We gave this one away, which makes an already small margin for error even smaller. We've got a lot of good pieces; the coaches better get this shit figured out sooner rather than later. I don't think it's an overreaction when this loss looked way too much like so many of our shit performances in the past. The overreaction was fans acting like 7-0 was a given. I don't have much confidence in Satt, my confidence in White took a hit, and holy shit special teams. Things sort of look a little bleak, even with a favorable schedule. Rhule better be chewing some ass, and not in a good way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT