ADVERTISEMENT

Cignetti postgame quote

Cignetti: "I know there was a national perception Nebraska had a pretty legit defense on a national scale, so maybe this will open their eyes."

So he’s not just an a-hole he’s a dumb a-hole. Way to pump your teams rep up by bad mouthing the opponent you just beat.

The defensive red flags were there a month ago. The national media wasn’t watching close enough.

I also don’t think Indiana’s offense is some elite group.
They don’t have to be elite. They weren’t fumbling the ball and they were converting long third downs. They chewed up that clock and did great in the red zone. They are light years ahead of us. It is crazy.

Cignetti: "I know there was a national perception Nebraska had a pretty legit defense on a national scale, so maybe this will open their eyes."

So he’s not just an a-hole he’s a dumb a-hole. Way to pump your teams rep up by bad mouthing the opponent you just beat.
I don’t disagree that he seems like a narcissistic prick…..but if you can back it up, what’d ya gonna do?

I took him to mean their offense is legit, like they beat a somebody. But I didn't listen live, I only read his comments.

I'd have to see the quote in the context of the video... But I don't know if he was badmouthing us. I think he could have meant there was a preception that we have a good defense. And because they beat us so soundly it would raise some eyebrows nationwide.

The defensive red flags were there a month ago. The national media wasn’t watching close enough.

I also don’t think Indiana’s offense is some elite group.
It’s because everyone’s a snowflake. Can’t call the obvious out. Local beat writers and coaches and I quote - getting Ty Robinson back is better than recruiting a 5*. And that’s the mindset.

What a cvnt
He is a jagass, but he wins. Someone asked him who he consults with, and he said no one. He would ask himself. he is a winner and if you don’t believe him, he’ll tell you to Google it. Would love to see a team like Texas or Georgia push his shit in.

Reactions: V-Doub
There is no arguing with the guy. He could call Rhule a bitch and wouldn’t be wrong. After dominating a team from top to bottom the way they did, say whatever you want. Until we have a new coaching staff, we deserve to get out noses rubbed in it. Many more of these to come.

He is a jagass, but he wins. Someone asked him who he consults with, and he said no one. He would ask himself. he is a winner and if you don’t believe him, he’ll tell you to Google it. Would love to see a team like Texas or Georgia push his shit in.
IDGAF about Georgia pushing anybody's shit in. We need to. Husker football is a multi-million dollar enterprise. We the fans show up, we buy and we donate and it isn't for this kind of piss poor results.

If you were paying attention since the NIU game.....we are not even close to an elite D. They whooped our ass, but I'm skeptical we are any better on D than NW or Maryland. Just average. And our O is way below average

Reactions: GBR_Atlanta
Cignetti was referring to Indiana not being taken seriously by the media and analysts. He was complimenting the Nebraska D as legitimate (good) and meant that the IU dominance against such a legit defense should cause those that doubted IU to open their eyes. It was definitely not intended as a knock on the NE defense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT