ADVERTISEMENT

What a bunch of fucking fair-weather fucking fucks

Kenan Thompson Yes GIF by Paramount+

I just hope Dylan is committed, and can be patient with the rest of the team. Because he is gifted and every legit national title contender will be calling at the end of the season
I could almost see Dominic and his wife exchange those, "I think we made a mistake" looks.

I could almost see Dominic and his wife exchange those, "I think we made a mistake" looks.
The good news is that wins/losses will do nothing to hurt his draft stock and he is making a ton!

The bad news is, he might want to go to a place where he can win more.

Truthfully, the fans spoil the program. No matter the results people come and people donate. For the business side of the program the results are meaningless. 3 wins 10 wins no matter. Money to pay 3 head coaches and a couple of ADs at once.
Yawn-go back to your troll hole

Face it, we shot ourselves in the foot with personal fouls against a good team. You're not going to win doing that. We took the wind out of our own sails and deserved to loose that game based on stupidity.

Face it, we shot ourselves in the foot with personal fouls against a good team. You're not going to win doing that. We took the wind out of our own sails and deserved to loose that game based on stupidity.
Can’t argue with the stupid personal foul penalties but I was there and the game was NOT fairly officiated. Had it been, we probably win the game. Yes, we made many other blunders last night, but the bs officiating is getting really really old. I’ve been going to Husker games for nearly 50 years and have never witnessed such ineptness on the part of the zebras.

Offense barely missed on some key plays against a good defense. It’s splitting hairs to say we needed to run it more and beat our head against a wall. There was too many 0-1 yard gains on the ground. The passing game was plainly working better. That’s what got us down the field and into the end zone.

The defense wasn’t even close against a QB who will be a car salesman next season. So many veterans got torched and committed really stupid penalties. White looked majorly out-schemed. That performance needs to be a fluke for them or we’re in trouble.

We lost a game that would shouldn't have lost, at home, at night. At best its a bad look, which we can't afford if we want to get to "good" on a consistent basis. We gave this one away, which makes an already small margin for error even smaller. We've got a lot of good pieces; the coaches better get this shit figured out sooner rather than later. I don't think it's an overreaction when this loss looked way too much like so many of our shit performances in the past. The overreaction was fans acting like 7-0 was a given. I don't have much confidence in Satt, my confidence in White took a hit, and holy shit special teams. Things sort of look a little bleak, even with a favorable schedule. Rhule better be chewing some ass, and not in a good way.
I think this sums up a LOT. Look, NU regardless of coaches, has been recruiting mostly around the 20-25th average rank year in & out. Despite this, our short appearance at that level in the actual rankings was wiped away by yet another team we out recruited. We keep losing to teams we out recruit regularly, meaning we are under-performing rather than getting more out of our players than what's expected. Yes, we are getting less, and for 20 years no less. That's too much less. We are seemingly wasting our 5* QB, and it sure looked like exactly that in OT as he was blitzed halfway to Omaha.

The fans have (more or less) filled the stadium for 60 years, paid, rooted their heads off, supported and been 20 years patient, loud but patient. Angry at times, but in person, well mannered. Its our way. We were expected to lose the sellout string but we didn't. I think we are allowed to gripe because we have real reason to. Carriker says we need to beat who we are supposed to beat, well, we haven't, and again, we didn't. In the old days, we occasionally beat better teams, and if not, we played them neck & neck and left them sore for their next game. We've seen WAY too many teams at Memorial, teams we were predicted to have won against, in jubilation sing their fight songs in victory, and we have been quietly humiliated, for two decades.

We expect more, and in truth, as fans, we certainly deliver more. This has to change soon or later. Already we're talking about next year, as if we haven't done that for 20 years...and we had to watch Bielema laugh as he walked off, again.

Sure, its what fans do, buckle up to support next week, and hope we make some silly bowl game somewhere. But last year is hanging heavy; we didn't finish with 6 wins, and stayed home. Its starting to look a lot tougher suddenly to hit that 6, and even if we do, it rings very hollow with all the aging championship banners across the stadium. Its not that it hurts (though it does), its that it is almost statistically impossible.

I think this sums up a LOT. Look, NU regardless of coaches, has been recruiting mostly around the 20-25th average rank year in & out. Despite this, our short appearance at that level in the actual rankings was wiped away by yet another team we out recruited. We keep losing to teams we out recruit regularly, meaning we are under-performing rather than getting more out of our players than what's expected. Yes, we are getting less, and for 20 years no less. That's too much less. We are seemingly wasting our 5* QB, and it sure looked like exactly that in OT as he was blitzed halfway to Omaha.

The fans have (more or less) filled the stadium for 60 years, paid, rooted their heads off, supported and been 20 years patient, loud but patient. Angry at times, but in person, well mannered. Its our way. We were expected to lose the sellout string but we didn't. I think we are allowed to gripe because we have real reason to. Carriker says we need to beat who we are supposed to beat, well, we haven't, and again, we didn't. In the old days, we occasionally beat better teams, and if not, we played them neck & neck and left them sore for their next game. We've seen WAY too many teams at Memorial, teams we were predicted to have won against, in jubilation sing their fight songs in victory, and we have been quietly humiliated, for two decades.

We expect more, and in truth, as fans, we certainly deliver more. This has to change soon or later. Already we're talking about next year, as if we haven't done that for 20 years...and we had to watch Bielema laugh as he walked off, again.

Sure, its what fans do, buckle up to support next week, and hope we make some silly bowl game somewhere. But last year is hanging heavy; we didn't finish with 6 wins, and stayed home. Its starting to look a lot tougher suddenly to hit that 6, and even if we do, it rings very hollow with all the aging championship banners across the stadium. Its not that it hurts (though it does), its that it is almost statistically impossible.
Well stated.

I was at the game. First one for me since 2019. I wasn't a huge fan of the booing at the end. Booing a bunch of borderline kids just seems weird to me. Was OT the ugliest football that has probably ever been played on that field? Yes. Do all of those kids realize that? Also yes.

OP, I get your frustration but you're letting the fringe minority color your view of the whole situation. Just look at this thread, it's a perfect example. There are some miserable MF'ers and they are going to spew bile and be their miserable selves no matter what happens.

Do you really think a recruiting ranking that is usually in the 20-25 range makes that big a difference from a team that's say in the 35-40 range each year? I don't, it comes down to coaching and culture for all the teams recruiting below the 15 mark. The only way to actually compete with the big boys is to recruit top 10ish classes every year and have a big NIL bucket for top notch transfers.

Do you really think a recruiting ranking that is usually in the 20-25 range makes that big a difference from a team that's say in the 35-40 range each year? I don't, it comes down to coaching and culture for all the teams recruiting below the 15 mark. The only way to actually compete with the big boys is to recruit top 10ish classes every year and have a big NIL bucket for top notch transfers.
Well, BC recruited a top 5 class, and how much did it help? If you recruit well but don't develop or the coaching falls short, you get what we have had for way too long. Recruiting affects more than the top 5 or 10 teams. And no matter what, if you load up on consistently better players than places like Wisky or IL, and then keep losing to them, I'm sorry but something is off, way off.

i'm not a fair weather fan, nor a fan at all for that matter but thought the huskers would start 7-0 given the nature of those opponents and where the games were to be played.

two things stood out to me in the illinois game. although your young qb can really sling it, he's a stationary target. and second, coach rhule for all his attributes has seldom won close games nor oft beaten top 25 teams.

Reactions: Wasker77
Too many people here bought into the hype of 7-0, fringe playoff team. We were never going to do that. Big buy in usually results in a good sized meltdown
Before the season started, I thought this team could win anywhere from 7 games to possibly 10 games during the regular season. I thought it would probably win a game or two it wasn't supposed to and lose one or two it was supposed to win. I think Illinois falls into the latter category. I think the Huskers have more talent than the Illinois team and should have won the game. Now, let us see if the players can put that performance behind them and beat-up a not very good Purdue team.

i'm not a fair weather fan, nor a fan at all for that matter but thought the huskers would start 7-0 given the nature of those opponents and where the games were to be played.

two things stood out to me in the illinois game. although your young qb can really sling it, he's a stationary target. and second, coach rhule for all his attributes has seldom won close games nor oft beaten top 25 teams.
He can buy time in the pocket. He’s no Lamar Jackson but he can buy time. OT was not a good example of what we have seen throughout that game and the previous 3 games.

My understanding is that Rhule has beat top 25 teams x 2 (both at Temple) in the past and has had success in close games historically as well.

He can buy time in the pocket. He’s no Lamar Jackson but he can buy time. OT was not a good example of what we have seen throughout that game and the previous 3 games.

My understanding is that Rhule has beat top 25 teams x 2 (both at Temple) in the past and has had success in close games historically as well.
I saw a stat on Friday that Rhule is 2-20 vs top 25 teams

he's got to get rid of the 2nd half coaching yips

Reactions: HuskAir

We lost barely. Fg on first possession. Missed kick. Td overturned. Numerous non calls. Injuries. And still. Should have won. We’re a good team. But we seriously have 0 luck. Whatsoever
Sounds like just about every other game over the past decade. At this point, it's not luck. We have a losing culture and this will be difficult to overcome.

i'm not a fair weather fan, nor a fan at all for thatyp matter but thought the huskers would start 7-0 given the nature of those opponents and where the games were to be played.

Avery Johnson can move but still isn't good. To bad he can't see the field and read defenses like our true freshman of a qb

As Bo famously said. We lost to a decent team in overtime and fans lose it. This teams not making the playoffs but were making a decent bowl game. Lets support the boys and know better times are coming!

I love and fully support this team. They lost a game to a team I THINK was better prepared. Just because we talk about perceived faults of certain players and coaches doesn't mean we are fair weather. Shit I'll be right in front on the Tube Saturday rooting like MF for these dudes. More than one thing can be true. I can not like how certain aspects of the team looked Friday and still love the these kids. I'm all in....

Holla

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT