ADVERTISEMENT

We're Begging to Be Iowa?

Dec 9, 2017
Are we really begging to be Iowa?

That is all I'm hearing.

Run run run the football. Punt. Never throw the football unless necessary while demanding a lights out defense and bend but don't break play.

Another shitty game to lose, like many others the past several years if not decades.

But to outwardly root to be a pedestrian football team, I'm sorry, I can never root for that crap.

WTF do you want? Pretend we’ve got Brady at QB? It’s year one and I want them to do what their personnel allows them to do. There’s zero reason to think “run & punt” is what this offense will look like in 2-3 years, but it’s what we have right now. Iowa has been doing the same think for decades and it works for them, but it’s not what our FUTURE goal should be. If you’re not smart enough to see that I can’t help you.

That is all I'm hearing.

Run run run the football. Punt. Never throw the football unless necessary while demanding a lights out defense and bend but don't break play.

Another shitty game to lose, like many others the past several years if not decades.

But to outwardly root to be a pedestrian football team, I'm sorry, I can never root for that crap.
I would rather do that because it's painfully obvious our personnel are inadequate to be what we want to be. Sorry. Next year with the right QB could be different.

That is all I'm hearing.

Iowa would have won that game.

But no, I'm not begging to be Iowa

WTF do you want? Pretend we’ve got Brady at QB? It’s year one and I want them to do what their personnel allows them to do. There’s zero reason to think “run & punt” is what this offense will look like in 2-3 years, but it’s what we have right now. Iowa has been doing the same think for decades and it works for them, but it’s not what our FUTURE goal should be. If you’re not smart enough to see that I can’t help you.

You think we gonna run ET, Fleeks, and AG 70 times a game and beat teams in the B10?

You're higher than Snoop Dogg.

You think we gonna pass to Coleman, Fidone, Boer., Kemp even 50 times a game and beat ANYBODY in ANY conference?

You're higher than Cheech and Chong.

Where did anybody say we need to throw it 50 times?

Always have to adore the massive mover of goal posts strawman.

You have to at least have some threat to throw the football unless you can simply plow teams aside.

We had 21 rushes for 84 yards in the 1st half. You aren't going to shove it down anybody's throat with those kind's of numbers and win games.

We ended up with 40 rushes for 183 yards.

If you simply quit throwing the football, those yards per carry are going to dwindle faster than your bank account betting the Huskers.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78

You have to at least have some threat to throw the football unless you can simply plow teams aside.

We had 21 rushes for 84 yards in the 1st half. You aren't going to shove it down anybody's throat with those kind's of numbers and win games.

If you simply quit throwing the football, those yards per carry are going to dwindle faster than your bank account betting the Huskers.
michigan ran the ball 32 times in a row today in the 2nd half.

we tied the game and kept throwing. we had the lead and kept throwing.

Nebraska does not have a passing attack with what we've got. They should lean on their strengths.

Nebraska should run the ball more than they are in my opinion.

Reactions: BleedRed78
michigan ran the ball 32 times in a row today in the 2nd half.

we tied the game and kept throwing. we had the lead and kept throwing.

We did?

1st play after: Sims fumble on run play
2nd play after: Sims INT
RUN
RUN (Designed throw)
RUN
RUN
PASS (24 yards)
RUN (Designed throw)
PASS
RUN
INT

We tried to throw the football 4 times and actually planned to run the ball 7 times out of 11 plays. Sadly, our supposed pass happy offense in which the QB actually threw the ball, resulted in 2 INTs in 3 throws.

Reactions: GaRed

That is all I'm hearing.

Well you are short bus sighted. It's called winning . It was what Nebraska was all about .

Never can understand the fascination with Iowa. An indication of how far we have sunk as a program.

If the Huskers were relevant, the only Iowa posts (or responses to Iowa posts) would be made by the Iowa trolls....
Completely agree. We had two other threads earlier today devoted to our interest in the Hawkeyes. I checked out their board to see if they were as interested with us and found zero threads.

We did?

1st play after: Sims fumble on run play
2nd play after: Sims INT
RUN
RUN (Designed throw)
RUN
RUN
PASS (24 yards)
RUN (Designed throw)
PASS
RUN
INT

We tried to throw the football 4 times and actually planned to run the ball 7 times out of 11 plays. Sadly, our supposed pass happy offense in which the QB actually threw the ball, resulted in 2 INTs in 3 throws
Oops sorry did I give you the impression I care what you think and wanted a reply?

That’s on me

I'm not trying to have a slap fight with anyone. It's not like we're arguing over whether we ONLY run or ONLY pass. Obviously we need to be able to do both. I guess I'm just laser focused on the end of the game today. If we keep the ball on the ground and kick a field goal - we almost certainly win the game.

Also, I'm super worn out of hearing how we don't want to be Iowa. Write it down: I'd love to be Iowa for awhile while we build something bigger. They are better than us and have been for a long time. A big part of it is because their coach is super boring and lets dumber teams beat themselves. It happens over and over and over.

You don't argue with someone dumber than you .
Wait...aren't you the badger fan that pretends to be a Husker fan and now you changed your picture? Sweet move!

Also, sweet Badger game today!

Yeah you don't want to be Iowa...trust me. You will need to get to that level for a time though if you hope to break through to be an elite team again.

To be fair, becoming a pedestrian program would be a huge step up.
This….plus, haven’t they beat us 6 out 7 times or something? I hope we can be like Iowa vs Minnesota which is what we are and used to make fun of. We’ll never be much more than Iowa but I think that’s the goal today.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT