ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome to Rutgers Week

I agree that Rutgers is a solid team - they are built different than in the past. Not sure they are loaded with All-Americans as OP suggests. But expect a hard fought victory in Lincoln.

But I do find it humorous that you would say they are solid in every way and then say in the same breath we will lose every game because of all of our flaws.
If we beat Rutgers then my assessment of how good we are will change. But as it stands now I do not think we are a very good football team. Our special teams are atrocious, our offense prone to self inflicted wounds and a defense that is up and down. I see us beating UCLA but probably losing all the rest. But if we beat Rutgers and play a really good game then I will have to change my assessment.

Btw, I’m still pi$$ed that Trev made Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin our main rivals. He was pretty much saying that our goal is to be another ho-hum boring Midwest team that no one cares about. I hope our new AD revisits that decision too.

I’d disagree somewhat with this, first when we entered the B1G Nebraska played more games against Minnesota than any other team in fact more than Ohio St has played the Gophers, in fact Ohio St has played them 55 times and Nebraska has played them 64 times and we haven’t been the same conference till

Playing the Clarkeyes makes too much sense being neighboring states when both fan bases either work with one another or friends of the other team, which explains the hate between one another…

And Wisconsin just because of Barry Alvarez playing for Devaney..

And by the way Nebraska is 6-0 against Rutgers..

In the New York / New Jersey market we have 17 different Professional Sports teams. A little more options than the Omaha market. BTW 54,000 attended the Rutgers game on Friday night.
54,000 out of 20 million+ people? Good job guys! Btw, I always love the whole we have more stuff to do argument. As if the rest of the country is sitting around all weekend bored.

Reactions: Zeke2005
If we beat Rutgers then my assessment of how good we are will change. But as it stands now I do not think we are a very good football team. Our special teams are atrocious, our offense prone to self inflicted wounds and a defense that is up and down. I see us beating UCLA but probably losing all the rest. But if we beat Rutgers and play a really good game then I will have to change my assessment.
Fair - I know you are hoping for a husker a win. While we still have some unfortunate penalties the offense is much more consistent than last year, DR effect and no turnovers are a leading reason why. I wish we were not so streaky which I think we will see a more complete game against Rutgers. Hopefully the D brings the intensity on Saturday we need them to have some short drives and hopefully a couple of TO’s.

In the New York / New Jersey market we have 17 different Professional Sports teams. A little more options than the Omaha market. BTW 54,000 attended the Rutgers game on Friday night.
Do you believe that Nebraska plays in Omaha?

21/27 4TDs...
What I wean is penalties by the “D” helped Illinois and Altmyer drive the field. When there’s a hold or PI on a defensive player is that throw and completion not added to the stats for the quarterback? Or am I wrong here? Yes, Altmeyer did drive the field some on his own d/t our defense not being ready or adjusting, but some of his stats are marred from penalties by Nebraska.

What I wean is penalties by the “D” helped Illinois and Altmyer drive the field. When there’s a hold or PI on a defensive player is that throw and completion not added to the stats for the quarterback? Or am I wrong here? Yes, Altmeyer did drive the field some on his own d/t our defense not being ready or adjusting, but some of his stats are marred from penalties by Nebraska.
This is the type of offense TW has always struggled with, RPO. Rutgers runs a similar offense. UNI exposed TW the game before and Illinois had the athletes to expose it completely. The QB for Rutgers will not light the stadium on fire but throws it just good enough with quick passes. I do not see a good game for the good guys.

This is the type of offense TW has always struggled with, RPO. Rutgers runs a similar offense. UNI exposed TW the game before and Illinois had the athletes to expose it completely. The QB for Rutgers will not light the stadium on fire but throws it just good enough with quick passes. I do not see a good game for the good guys.
Yeah, I’m not convinced we win this game going forward, but if the defense makes stupid penalties like they did against Illinois, we will definitely lose to Rutgers. Hopefully TW does his homework and truly rotates along the Dline wearing out their O-line. I also hope our D remembers last year in MN and Kalickmickmanous..

Yeah, I’m not convinced we win this game going forward, but if the defense makes stupid penalties like they did against Illinois, we will definitely lose to Rutgers. Hopefully TW does his homework and truly rotates along the Dline wearing out their O-line. I also hope our D remembers last year in MN and Kalickmickmanous..
Impossible to wear out offensive lineman! Only defensive players ever get tired.

Impossible to wear out offensive lineman! Only defensive players ever get tired.
I suppose this is true since the o-lineman dictates the flow of the play, but if Ty and Nash keep beating on certain linemen and then we swap in a faster lighter D-lineman, it could cause Rutgers offense lineman to get “twitchy” and second guess themselves? 😂

Reactions: BTF69
Rutgers runs the style of offense Tony White has problems with. Unless he completely revamps his thought process for this game it will be like watching death by a thousand cuts; a long slow death. Isn't this the same Minn QB who led them to victory the last time they were in Lincoln? At the time, a so so QB the the defense made to look like a Hypesman winner?
Kaliakmanis was 24/44 for 196 yds against NU last year. White's first outing as NU's DC stuffed the Gopher's run game. NU lost that game in Minneapolis because of a late fumble by Grant. Kaliakmanis was 6/12 the prior season in Lincoln. Mo Ibrahim won that game on the ground for the Gophers.

Kaliakmanis was 24/44 for 196 yds against NU last year. White's first outing as NU's DC stuffed the Gopher's run game. NU lost that game in Minneapolis because of a late fumble by Grant. Kaliakmanis was 6/12 the prior season in Lincoln. Mo Ibrahim won that game on the ground for the Gophers.
My concern is he's on a different team with much more confidence. He won't kill you deep and rarely does so, but his quick short to medium passes are what concerns me. He will never set the world on fire, but it will not end well if he is unchecked with this new scheme.

Reactions: leodisflowers
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT